RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Event to Event [xp]

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
I got a NPC Event and he's movement is set to random, You talk to him and he says "I got it over here" Then he moves to the table
my Question is how do I move an NPC Event to another Event without knowing where the original position is
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 05:15:51 AM by Solundor »

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
There should be a command that says "Set Move Route". Through the use of the "Ignore" Command , you should be able to find a way to maneuver the event to the table. Another thing you could do is put the table in the corner, so it's easy to make the event move to it.

Rep:
Level 83
no he is talking about an event randomly moving, and then move it to a location. So the path would be different every time.  Try looking up "Path finding script" in google. you can tell the event you wish to move, and it will find its own route to your destination.
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
no he is talking about an event randomly moving, and then move it to a location. So the path would be different every time.  Try looking up "Path finding script" in google. you can tell the event you wish to move, and it will find its own route to your destination.

If you cleverly place the table (for example, in a corner) and you make clever use of the ignore command, you could probably do it. But I guess a path finding script would be better.

Rep:
Level 83
i see what your trying to say, yea that would work, as long as the room is empty and the npc wont get caught on any thing, including the player or other npcs.
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
Right I found one
Spoiler for:
Code: [Select]
http://www.hbgames.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55274.0
I think I understand it but how do I work out the X,Y ?

Edit_________________________________________________
I just stopped the NPC from moving so thanks for the help
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 07:40:09 AM by Solundor »

Rep:
Level 83
well the x and the y are the location of the destination, say the table is at (4, 10) you'd enter those numbers.

example:
Put this in a script command in an event, like where you would put the move route.
Code: [Select]
x = 4
y = 10
id = <id of event to move>
$path = A_Star_Pathfinder.new
$path.setup(Node.new(x, y), id, 1)
$path.character.stop_all_paths  
$path.calculate_path
$path.generate_path

if you wanna know what the X and Y are:

Map Id: Name (size)                      (X, Y)

when you select a location in event layer, it will show at the bottom of the window.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 06:26:05 PM by Mr_Wiggles »
Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
Oddly enough, I've come up with something, that to my knowledge is somewhat orginal. It also does actually what you asked for:

how do I move an NPC Event to another Event without knowing where the original position is

I call it the CRM. I've been working on a Demo/Tutioral for awhile now, that has alot of stuff in it. The Main things are a Catapiller Event System and the CRM. I hope to be done with the Demo soon. But using the Script found by Solundor and explained by Mr. Wiggles should work out fine for you. I deal mainly with Events. The only thing I'd add is, you still should put in alot of thought into the map that the NCP is in, for it still could get hairy.
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?