RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Need help with CSS

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
<Custom Shop System>
<4/27/2010>

Summary
Hello guys. I am very very new to being involved in these threads so if I do something wrong, I'm really sorry. Even though I haven't been apart of these forums, I've browsed all of the scripts on this site and others as well and seen many many great things you guys have created. of all scripts out there, I have to give my favorite one to the Blizz-ABS, and I'm also a big fan of many of blizzards other scripts as well.
But on to the request I suppose...

I've been searching the threads for awhile now looking for things that look interesting; that pop out to me and make me want to use in my game. I found a script today on this site if I'm correct and posted it into my game. It's called "Dynamic Shop System" by Tidloc. I used this system; got familiar with it and learned how to use it really well, however there is a couple glitches and one error in particular thats keeping me from really loving the script. The thread I got this script from had no errors from anybody and the last it was updated was in 2007 if I remember. I made this thread because I wanted help in solving these glitches; by creating an entirely new CSS, or modifying tidlocs DSS to fix the problems.

The script has these features
  • Shop system that has limited items that restock at a time interval specified by the scripter
  • A unique "special of the day" option in the shop window for rare items that sometimes are in stock
  • Items sold to the shop become apart of the shops merchandise decreasing at the time interval rate

I don't have any pics, incredibly sorry
If you want to see the system itself, you should probably look at the thread that the script is in.

Games
  • I guess you could say it closely relates to Oblivion IV: the elder scrolls, and Fable

Did you search?
Yes

Where did you search?
  • everywhere... This site, Rpg Revolution, Chaos Project.
  • I mainly used google. It lead me to all those sites

What did you search for?
  • I bacially listed Dynamic Shop System hoping to find threads where people had posted errors, like the same ones I had but it only led to a couple threads, the guy who requested it, and the guy who ended up making it. Both threads don't talk about the errors I've experienced. This is why I've decided to get on here and request myself. I just used everything possible to find either a different system, or a fixed version of this one.

I'm sorry if this is out of the templates format, but allow me to explain these errors...

Whenever there's a special item of the day, I will open the shop window, and buy the item. When I've confirmed my purchase, it gives me an error. I've noticed that it does this, whenever there aren't any more special items in the list anymore.

If there are multiple special items, if you chose to buy just one of them, it will take you to the regular items, and even though it shows the shop's quantities, you can buy the items over and over without the shop running out. I exit the special items menu and go to the regular items shop menu, and the items are gone, assuming that the glitch in the special items window made it do this. the only way for you to truly understand these errors I'm getting is if you Create a new project, use the Shop system and test it out for yourself. I can't explain it all that well. Here's what you do with the script...

Whenever you've configured everything (which doesn't take long at all) Create an event and use the regular shop command. here's how the layout in the event should look like...

Set Variable (the one specified in the script) = (the shop you specified in the script)
Call Script Command: Script:Scene_Shop.bonus
Shop Window: list idk about 3 things, really don't matter...

The script command picks a random number from 0 to 10000. If it is less than or equal to the number you specified for the special item probability, the special item will show up in stock.

To test out my errors, first, open the shop window repeadedly until there is a single item in the special items window. Buy the item. once the purchase is confirmed, it should give you the error it gave me...

line 166: nomethoderror occured
Undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass

I have no idea what that means...

For the next error, open up the shop window over and over until there's at least two items in the special item window. Buy just one of them. You will see that the window is in the regular window and that you can buy unlimited amounts of the items. and when you exit, the items are gone from the regular stock.
AT least it don't give an error and shut down my game, but it's still a glitch.

I'm incredibly sorry if this topic is all over the place. I was really needing help and if someone could help me by fixing the script for me, or just pointing out little things in the script for me to change myself, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch. I hope this thread wasn't too big of a burden to read...[/list]