RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Faith *Demo available*

Rep: +0/-0Level 83

Faith
Faith is my first RPG game made that has been able to reach the point of nearly having a demo. It's based around 2-3 worlds which become in danger when an evil force tries to destroy one of them... The Dreamworld.

Storyline:
Spoiler for:
Ever since she was young, Ariem wanted to be able to stay in the Dreamworld... Even though she knew it was practically impossible, she wanted to find a way. She wished that one day she would be able to travel the world, and search for a way to make that happen... But when she was 7 years old, her father disappeared and she tore apart. When she saw him last before he disappeared, she noticed something wrong, and something seemed particularly odd about him. They used to talk about the Dreamworld a lot, but now that he was gone, she became more determined to find a way.

A few days after her 15th birthday, she got told to go to Fisken Forest to pick up a rare flower, not knowing that she would never be able to return to her hometown safely... When she got back, after joining with her best friend Hedia, her village was burnt down, and there were soldiers killing people. Ariem saw her mother run out towards her, but a soldier slashed at her. Before she died she left Ariem a message... To flee the town and begin her quest to find the way to stay in Dreamworld. She flees her village, and journeys on the quest accompanied by her best friend Hedia, where she will meet new allies, enemies and dangers...

Finally, after a long travelled quest, Ariem and her allies found a way to stay in the Dreamworld, but only to find that things aren't always as hey appeared... Now she must save the Dreamworld from calamities, and even more enemies! She has to explore the Dreamworld, Scire and a new mysterious world to find out the truth about her past, and why her father disappeared long ago... Only to be led by an unexpected betrayal...

Characters:
Spoiler for:

Ariem:
Name: Ariem Krovelle
Class: Student
Info: Ariem is a 15 Year old who has the heart of a lion. Through her entire life she has been devoted to find a way to live in Dreamworld forever, and stop people from destroying the world, and making it impossible to go to Dreamworld. Finally, at the age of 15 she decides to go on a quest with her best friend, Hedia. She uncovers truth and betrayal as she wonders the world, and finds out the truth to her fathers disappearance, who he was, and what his job was.

Hedia:
Name: Hedia Ishen
Class: Student
Info: Hedia is a 15 Year old student archer, who is training to learn archery and magic. Although she doesn?€™t know much about magic, her archery skills are phenomenal. When Ariem said she wanted to venture the world in search for a way to live in Dreamworld, Hedia decided that she would help her along the way and protect her as much as she could. When her village burnt down she went into vengeance and unlocked key abilities which granted her amazing powers. She continued travelling with Ariem, in hope to get revenge on the Hasien Empire, and to save their village from more dangers.

Seide:
Name: Seide Dorien
Class: Soldier
Info: Seide is a 16 Year old Hasien skill soldier who chooses to help Ariem and Hedia escape from Hasien Castle and from that point on, he chooses to help them find the way to live in Dreamworld. He is a clever soldier who can use various skills that not many other soldiers can. He saved Ariem and Hedia from the Hasien Empire and had no choice but to follow them. He always wanted to be free from violence, but his dad was General Isaac Dorien, a world famous General.

Dion:
Name: Dion Ushira
Class: Mage
Info: When he was young, Dion lost his mother and father to the Hasien Empire. From that point on he had to live on his own and fend for himself. Life wasn't easy for him, so he had to move away to a cabin surrounded by trees. He thinks that the nature makes him feel more comfortable, and that he feels like there is nothing that can cause him harm, until he saves Ariem and team from the Empire. Then he starts to realize that his life is a mess, and he needs to do something about it.

Scripts Used:
Spoiler for:
These are the scripts I have used in order from who made them.

KGC:
KGC_LimitBreak
KGC_InterfaceForWin32API
KGC_FileEncryption2
KGC_ScreenCapture
KGC_HelpExtension
KGC_DrawFormatText
KGC_BitmapExtension
KGC_OverDrive
KGC_MapLightening
KGC_PassiveSkill
KGC_CursorAnimation
KGC_SpecialTransition
KGC_CategorizeItem
KGC_ComposeItem
KGC_Steal
KGC_EquipExtension
KGC_LargeParty

Woratana:
Woratana?€™s Neo Save System 3
Woratana?€™s Neo Message System 3
Woratana?€™s Map Credit
Woratana?€™s Recover HP&MP on Level Up
Woratana?€™s Multiple Fog
Woratana?€™s Monster Book II

Hanzo Kimura:
Hanzo Kimura?€™s Animated Title Screen

Enu/Kylock/Mr. Bubble:
Kaduki Sideview Battle System Ver. 3.3d with ATB Ver. 1.1i
Mr. Bubble?€™s Bow Addon
Default Scope Options Addon
Enemy Animated Battlers
Enemy Equipped Weapons
Kylock?€™s Light Effects VX

Issa
Issa has made a few animation scripts for tankentai.
Dupli Attack
Samurai Tech
ShatterHeart Skill
ShatterHeart Original Skill
Whip Kick
Feral Strike
ZANTETSUKEN
Boomerang
Multi Skill Combo Addon
Secret Stealth
Close and Range
Autogun
Teleportation
Sonic Wave
Sword Skill
Light Skill
Secret Stealth Skill
Silent Attack
Air Strike
Ike's Up-B
Rapid Gun Jump
Magma Pillar
Eternal Slashes
NOTE: Not all of these scripts will be shown in the first demo.

D?vic/Isaacsol:
Scene_Splash 2.0.2 RGSS2

DerVVulfman:
BattleBacks VX

OrijinalWij:
OW: Chest_Item_Pop-Up
OW: Enter_Vehicles
OW: Row_Changer

Yanfly Engine RD:
YERD_SceneMenuReDux
YERD_SceneStatusMenu
YERD_VictoryAftermath
YERD_VictoryExtend
YERD_CommonEventMenu
YERD_ShopDiscounts
YERD_MenuSystem

Modern Algebra:
Paragraph Formatter
Quest Journal
Modern Algebra?€™s Yerd Aftermath Fix

Ccoa:
Small world map charas

Nechigawara Sanzenin:
Skill Shop

Ziifee:
Ziifee's Spin Command

Anaryu:
Anaryu's Anti Lag

Unknown:
Caterpillar System

OLD Screenshots:
Spoiler for:

A Small Part of Kedir.

Choosing to accept a quest.

After A Battle.

A Character Biography.

Check Everywhere.

Choose A Quest.

Dragongate Pub.

Item Menu.

Learning Skills.

Once you have accepted a quest.

Row Changer.

Skill used in battle.

The Menu.

The Quest Guild.

The Quest Log.

The Status Menu.

The Title without animation shown.

NEW Screenshots:
Spoiler for:

A battle *NEW*

Lots of items

Attacking an Enemy

Obtaining Berries

Character Biography *NEW*

Equipment

Oh yeah, he's weird

Small part of Fisken Forest

Quest Info

Samurai Slashes - Overdrive

Save Game

Sign Post

Special Skills for Different Characters

The New Menu

Yeah, you basically JUST GOT SERVED!

The World:
Spoiler for:
The story is split up into three worlds, each planned out to be around 10 hours worth of gameplay in. The three worlds are totally different from each other, apart from the looks. The first world is basically the normal world where humans, monsters, elves and other races live. It's full of monsters and humans, so it's very easy to have fights. It's not safe in, and there are loads of people who are evil who are willing to destroy it, and would kill anyone if they have the chance. Mostly, the people in the world are friendly though, and some would ask for favors or such. It's a very big world, and it's very hard for people to be able to survive because there are a lot of powerful monsters lurking about... It is full of gangs or bandits and rogues, along with empires searching for special things.

The Dreamworld is confusing... At first it is very safe and peaceful, but it starts to change and lots of powerful monsters start appearing. It has only a few towns, and it's covered up with enchanted forests, caves, mountains, and a lot of unnatural occurrences. It is balanced by a special type of magic, which keeps balanced by a huge orb dug down deep into the crest. Everyone ends up there each time they go to sleep, and it has a strange sensational feel, which seems to make souls feel at ease.

The other world is dark, and filled with unnatural occurrences. There are many dark creatures and strange beings there. Plus there are a variety of magic users. It has been hidden away behind the Dreamworld for over 4000 years, and it has began to crumble.

DEMO:
New demo:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ymemymmmfnv
New patch:
http://www.mediafire.com/?gyozzkbwwwz
NOTE: The patch is for people with the old demos on their computers, so they don't have to download another big file.
Enjoy!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 01:09:40 AM by dezz123 »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Your exterior mapping is a little boring and your interiors are boring, but you're not bad - there's just not quite enough yet. The scripts you're using look fun. Good luck.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
When I saw your scripts, I think I almost fainted. There must be around 50 in there... Maybe you could cut back? Is it laggy at all?

Anyways, your mapping looks good, a bit plain, but good nonetheless. I think you could make your game a little more interesting. To me (and this is probably just me), it looks like a regular RPG. Make it different. Be creative.

It is a bit laggy, but I'm gonna try and get an anti-lag script and try to get it so its not laggy.

And yeah, the maps have been improved, and they don't look so boring and plain anymore.
And that's only the first demo. It changes majorly, and I'm making it so it is very unique and I'm planning on having a different story for each world I'm having, so it's like 3 games rolled into one but the same storyline mixing in. A village burning down is just a start. There is planned to be catastrophes, betrayals, and a lot more just to make the game unique and creative.
EDIT: Oh, and Grafikal, since the maps are looking quite boring, do you suppose you could help me with them then, and tell me how to improve them?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 06:51:40 PM by dezz123 »

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
And yeah, the maps have been improved, and they don't look so boring and plain anymore.
And that's only the first demo. It changes majorly, and I'm making it so it is very unique and I'm planning on having a different story for each world I'm having, so it's like 3 games rolled into one but the same storyline mixing in. A village burning down is just a start. There is planned to be catastrophes, betrayals, and a lot more just to make the game unique and creative.
EDIT: Oh, and Grafikal, since the maps are looking quite boring, do you suppose you could help me with them then, and tell me how to improve them?

To quote myself...

Usually, when I make a new map, I play another game that I consider to have excellent mapping, e.g. Ara Fell. Helps out with inspiration. I also envision the map as it would appear in 3D to help me get a feel of how it would look through the player character's eyes.

Give this a whirl. It helps me out a lot.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Thanks, Ryosis! That'll help a lot, but I'm also trying to make my maps look different from other people...  :-\

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\

I'm currently re-uploading my Mapping Demo. I'll send it to you in a PM when it's up.

Edit: Sent to you.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 08:47:30 PM by grafikal »

I'm currently re-uploading my Mapping Demo. I'll send it to you in a PM when it's up.

Edit: Sent to you.
Yeah, thanks a lot, Grafikal. 41.18MB....Phew that's big... o.O
Downloading it now...
Thanks again for the help!
Oh, and I'm trying to upload my game now, for anyone who cares. Unfortunately MediaFire keeps being irritating so I'm having to upload it to zSHARE.
And my internet is painfully slow so it's taking a while.

Rep:
Level 84
If you aren't scared of making an account, try 4shared.

Hmmm... Is 4shared any good?

Rep:
Level 84
Always works for me.

Hmmm... What's the upload like?

Rep:
Level 84
Hmmm... What's the upload like?

Around the same speed as a normal download. Might be different for you. On a side note, got it up yet? I'm eager to play this.

Well I've been trying to upload it to MediaFire, but I've had to retry 3 times already. So far it's just reached...72% and it should be done in something like 5 minutes.
SHOULD.

Damn. Got to 100% then cancelled it....?!
Uploading to 4shared.
You'll have to be patient...

Rep:
Level 84
I'll wait. Some cup noodles are sitting right next to me.

Finally, a demo! :D And awesome. ;)
http://www.4shared.com/file/iaKP8vfB/Faith.html
Clicky clicky... ;)

Rep:
Level 84
By the way, how does the tite "Faith" fit in with your story?

You'll find out if you play the game mostly around the middle to the end, which hasn't been released yet.
Orrrrr, if you really want to ruin the game, follow the 3 spoilers.
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
When Ariem get's to the Dreamworld, it starts crumbling and by her getting to the Dreamworld it causes a catastrophe to all 3 worlds, due to the connection being shattered that no-one was meant to be able to transfer to the world (due to atoms and particles, etc.). Then when all hope is lost, she stands up in front of the world, crumbling before her never giving up, and still having the FAITH that she can fix the catastrophes and save the world from the Empire and what she did. Also there is a lot more about it, but I don't wanna ruin the rest, because that would majorly ruin everything.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
you can't embed spoilers inside of other spoilers lol

Damn! No-one click the spoiler, unless you REEAAALLLLLLYYYYY wanna know, or you wanna RUIN the gameplay and the storyline. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.  ;D >:(

Oh, and I've now got 2 beta testers to help me out with the bugs.
Vectomon and Vanisher. If anyone else would like to help out, just ask... Please, lol.
I'm after around 4-5 beta testers, by the way, so I don't miss out on any bugs when the game demo comes out.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 04:57:32 PM by dezz123 »

Rep:
Level 84
This is a pretty good game, though it's a bit cliche... I like the idea of the three worlds, but you could go more in depth about the main character (Ariem's) goals, and how she could go about doing so. So far, all I've heard is that she wants to run away to make the Dreamworld perpetual, because she likes it. Maybe you could explain more about why she likes it, what she thinks of the evil people, etc.

Also, your faceset's are kind of weird. Even at the start, I saw that you combined Ariem's faceset with her mum's, which I find as kind of weird, seeing as they're drawn in two different styles.

And I think you should work on some grammatical errors, though that's probably not very high on your priorites. For example, when I saw the sentence "Some celery and a knife sit on a table" with no full-stop, it just didn't feel right. Maybe that's just me and my grammar Nazi ways...

EDIT: Found something else. When you go to the drawers next to Ariem's bed, it says "Just a few clothes." The correct way to word this would be "Just a few pieces of clothing."

Your mapping... Has some special bits, but for the most part is pretty plain. At the start,when  I saw the water in Ariem's bedroom, I was like, wtf? Then I realised it was a bath, but it still looks weird.

By the way, this is kinda off topic, but I love your Australian English (mum, colour, etc). I'm an Australian too! (Or used to be, before I moved to America -.-)

EDIT 2: On huge maps, it's REALLY, REALLY LAGGY.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 01:48:14 AM by cozziekuns »

Yeah, her goals develop more and more as the game progresses. It's because I couldn't think of a quick and easy way to explain it in the first demo, so I'm gonna kind of let it go along with the storyline to make it fit.

I'm aware of the facesets... But they're the only ones I've got without having to use the face generator.

And I've always spoken (well, spelt) everything like that. I'm not Australian, but it's just how my family spells things, lol.

Anyways, back onto subject...WITH A NEW PATCH.
Well, here's the link. http://www.4shared.com/file/kvjn2rTz/_2__Patch.html

Rep:
Level 84
Oh lol, well I don't know anyone else in America who spells like that. Maybe your British? Iunno. Speculating is fun :P

Back on topic, I think I'd like to be a beta-tester. Though I don't have a lot of time to play.

Oh, and you might like to include a readme for the patch. For those people who aren't so knowledgable.

Right, send me a PM with your MSN on it, so we can chat faster then. That's what I have done with my other 2 beta testers, Vanisher and Vectomon.
You are now a beta tester, lol.
And I'm from England.

What do you mean about the Readme? What shall I add in?

Rep:
Level 84
Right, send me a PM with your MSN on it, so we can chat faster then. That's what I have done with my other 2 beta testers, Vanisher and Vectomon.
You are now a beta tester, lol.
And I'm from England.

What do you mean about the Readme? What shall I add in?

Like how to apply the patch. Extract these files into such and such.

Got it, I'll make a "short" Readme, also containing the credits, the description, etc.
Thanks.

Uploaded the new demo and patch!
Damn! Forgot the Readme...  :-[
I'll make it and upload it tomorrow...  :-\

Rep:
Level 84
Lol, the Readme was just a suggestion. You don't have to force yourself to put it in. But what I'm seeing looks great so far.

I am aware of that, but I'll add it into the next demo so that people can get an understanding to the buttons, the storyline, and everything else needed.

This game has died... :(