RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Super Nomad Quest (RM2k3)

Rep: +0/-0Level 81

My main project site was being run from Ultima Island, but since that site has been down for some two+ weeks and shows no signs of coming back up, I want to expand to other sites and find one that suits my project and I best.  On with the game.

Super Nomad Quest began as an homage to past SNES RPGs. Somewhere along the line I started getting involved in the story and characters and it became something else. There's plenty of humor and there will be lots of things to do, such as a quest guild, item synthesis, secrets galore, and others. My biggest focus however was on the quality of the characters, story, and world.

You play as Bayonne, a foreigner, who is unexpectedly sent on a quest to find something called "the Crest." If it sounds cliche to begin with, well, that's the point (it's an "homage" remember?).

This demo is about an hour to two hours long depending on how you play it and barely scratches the surface of the main storyline. I hope to have the full game completed sometime Summer 2010.

Spoiler for Features:
-Branching maps (no "world map").  Chipsets are all non-RTP.
-Battle system is generic RM2k3 system.  Enemies drop items instead of money, which are either sold or used in item synthesis.  Money is used to customize characters with armor, weapons, and spells.  I hope to incorporate many custom spells and weapons, but for the time-being they're mostly RTP.
-Main characters are RTP, but edited to fit events.  Various Roco faceset edits to give characters several emotions.
-Guild system where one can take on side missions for added money and experience.  Consists of more than defeating enemies or collecting items; may include mini-games or help further understand the main story.  All said, they are completely optional.  The guild system in the demo is very barebones at this point, but I hope to do a complete refit; to include difficulty ratings, classes, hints, as well as paid bounties on the side.
-Fairly deep story with plenty of twists and whatnot.  Dialogue is sprinkled with plenty of humor and there are enough physical gags to keep one entertained.  I kept it in good taste for the most part, but if anything it doesn't quite ever reach past PG-13.
-Somewhere between 10-15 hours gameplay.  Not extremely long, but long enough to not outstay its welcome.

Spoiler for Characters:
Bayonne is the unlikely main hero from the southern continent of Drozd.  He grew up with only a father, who was an artist but also searching for something called "the Crest."  After Bayonne got out of college he found himself aimless, indecisive and flat broke.  Sometime during this time his father died and told him to continue looking for the Crest in Baroth.  Bayonne traveled to Baroth, where his journey began.  Bayonne is timid; young and naive, but not stupid; obviously his transformation from weakling to hero will be a big part of the storyline.

Arzachel is King Harry of Baroth's consort.  He practically grew up in the castle serving the royal family and is flat-out rude, but still playful and anything but a novice.  He is the constant source of intel and also torment to Bayonne when they meet in Baroth and far into the game.  

The Callows family occupies the portion of a short-story in this demo.  They are a rich family going back many generations that established Cape Lucid, to the east of Baroth, as a trade bloc and port.  They're likely to show up later in the game too. [Pictured left to right: Robyn (son), Freed (son), Forbe (father).  Also in Callows family but not pictured: Talya (mother), Kerri (daughter), Ellen (toddler daughter), Allin (toddler son).]

Characters not in demo, but to be in full-game:

Himmel is a fisherman that lives with his family in Reubezahl, southwest of Baroth.  When Reubezahl becomes cursed, he joins the party to travel through the mountains to find his family and help return Reubezahl to its former state.

Cosmi is the fourth and likely final regular party member and I have not yet developed her backstory, but she will likely be related to Bayonne or at least the southern continent of Drozd.

Spoiler for Screenshots:

http://www.rpgrevolution.com/game/1268/ - for more info and screenshots check out this site.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zzgnwdwnzmn - demo download. 23.03 mb rar file.  RTP-less.  Should simply work "out of the box" without rm2003 or an RTP.

Spoiler for Credits/Resources:
Credits/resources:
I'd like to thank Mack/Blue and Roco obviously.
For some face edits I'd like to thank Fazinha.
Several of the guys at Ultima Island.
Gormo at gamespot for his interest and help in promotion.  (check out his suikoden union)

Several other resources I found at:
gaminggroundzero.com
vgmusic.com
findsounds.com
rpg2knet.com
http://uirpg.com/index.php - ultima online
http://charas-project.net/charas2/index.php - chara project

and there are several more i'm sure.  if you happen to have made/ripped any of the graphics used in this game, let me know so i can give full credit.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 09:39:07 PM by acknowledge101 »

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Gate of Darkness
look great but kind stange
Current Project Gate of Darkness visit at RPG RPG Revolution to see and DEMO COMING SOON