RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How do I change the default attack animation on RMVX?

Rep:
Level 84
You won't be folding stars.
For some reason, the default attack (the ones enemies use, and the ones characters use with no weapon equipped) animation on my project appears to have somehow changed itself to a burst of machine gun fire.

I don't want my puddles of slime attacking with bursts of machine gun fire thx.

Does anyone know how to change it back to the default, 'Melee/Physical' or whatever it is?
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Just create a different animation that you see fit for your attacks in the database under the animation tab. That's where you can build custom animations using the animation sheets in the RTP. Then when you set up skills and attacks, you can set what their animation is by clicking on a drop down menu and selecting the certain animation.

So whatever attack is creating that 'machine gun' looking animation, just change it to something else, or modify that animation in the database.

Rep:
Level 84
...I think you must've misunderstood me.

At some point during my creaton of new attacks and animations, the default melee attack has somehow changes its own animation from animation 'Melee/Physical' to my custom 'Triple Shot'.

I just wanna turn it back tbh.

The actual animation - Melee/Physical - is still the same as ever, just the default attack animation appears to have somehow changed from Melee/Physical to Triple Shot.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 05:21:37 AM by Sky_Of_Order »
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Well the animations don't just change themselves. So either you set it like that on accident, or you have an event command somewhere forcing an animation to be played. Either way, you'll have to go through and double check any of the enemies' skills to check and make sure they have the correct animations. Then if the names are right, double check the actual animations in the database and play the animation from the database. If the error occurs there, then re-create that animation minus the errors. If there's no errors, it's an eventing issue.

Rep:
Level 84
Well, it's definitely not the enemy skills as I only have one enemy (I'm still in early development) who only attacks. The animation's the same.

I don't -think- it's eventing, as Battle Test's been effected too.

It seems that particular animation slot was marked. Dunno how. I just imported the one I wanted, heheh.

Thanks for your help anyway, grafikal. I just knew something was up xD
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.