RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How to create bloons tower defense game with rpg maker xp

Rep:
Level 81
Hi
i hope this is the right section to post this but does anyone know how to create bloons tower defense game in rpg maker xp.
I want to be like the game on ninjakiwi.
So it would have upgrades for towers sell the towers and like bloons comeing out at you so you would have to destroy them with the towers.
So Please could anyone tell me how to make one like that.
Ohh and i am telling you guys that i am new so i might be posting this in the wrong section.
Thanks for All Your Support ;D ;D

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
Well alright, I have no idea what Bloons Tower is. So, with that said, I think I might need to know exactly what is the point of the game. Also, are you asking how to make this as a mini game, or as GAME? Because they are very different. BUT with what you've already given us, I'd say you might have a had time doing this game. Again I don't know what you're doing in this game, but if you're shooting balloons, that is where I would say you'd have a problem. You might need a script, and that will most likely need to be tailored for the Game. If it's more of a small mini game, then you might be ok. To add to that, you'd need graphics...tile sets....and sprites. You'd, from the info I have, be building this from the ground up (most likely). Not something I suggest for someone new to the program. I hate to be so negative! So give me some more info and I could help you more. We'll be able to see what's the best course of action, I can must help if it's a mini game, but will try non-the-less.  ;8
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
There is a lot of different tower defence games But the bloons tower defence  seem simple.
the idea is a path that the Balloons go down it and you got to build towers around the path to pop the Balloons before the Balloons get to the exit

Its a fun game and I would love to see it as a mini game

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
Oh so wait, you just put a Tower in the path...thats it. Then my lands it would be so easy to make it's not even funny. Just a touch event, or we could use some Variables to read the X and Y cor. it would be that simple, to check to see where the player would put the tower(s) and the Bloons. If the X and Y are the same as the X and Y as the Tower(s), they they pop. But I'm sure theirs more to the game, but as far as that goes, it seems very very doable.  ;D
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?

no, you put the Tower next to the path

Link to the game

I'm going to see if i can do it but I'm still a noob at this

Edit................................................
What I Done so far, got to go to work update you when I'm back

Edit2...............................................
What I Done so far is made 3 towers, a starting location for the balloons, a start "Button" and a how to play, i got a balloon Sprite (crappy one i made) just need someone to help with Spawning the balloons and figuring out how to fire a bullet at the balloon and popping them
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 10:21:38 AM by Solundor »

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Master
Oh! I play that game!Well, you would just have to make an event (all the way across the screen crossing the tower) for a battle and when the bloon crosses the path you go into a battle. For example, there's a straight path for the bloons going from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen. You place a tower (monkey) on the right side of the path. You place multiple events (for a battle) horizontally from the tower on the path where the bloons are traveling. So when the bloon crosses the path of the events, a battle starts. (This makes since, you may have to read it multiple times, though =D)
..........|¯•¸_¸,.•”ˆ¯....Thundercow....¯ˆ“•.,¸_¸•¯|..........
¯•_¹ˆ¯•ˆ¯¯±¸_Thunderclan WÅrrÏØr_¸±¯¯ˆ•¯ˆ²_•¯

Epequest
Game-25% complete
Demo-99% complete

Rep:
Level 83
That would be too many battles, have you looked into an ABS of some sort, and also a mouse script, you can use other variables and such and have dormant events on stand by mode on the game map, then use a scripted HUD, this would allow you to make the game turn on some switches and variables, that would call the event and transfer it to where you clicked on the map.

Once that part is done, you can set up those events to be enemies in the ABS, these in turn would "shoot" at any balloons that pass by.

This isn't well thought out, but i basically just thought of something off the top of my head.
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

That would be too many battles, have you looked into an ABS of some sort, and also a mouse script, you can use other variables and such and have dormant events on stand by mode on the game map, then use a scripted HUD, this would allow you to make the game turn on some switches and variables, that would call the event and transfer it to where you clicked on the map.

Once that part is done, you can set up those events to be enemies in the ABS, these in turn would "shoot" at any balloons that pass by.

This isn't well thought out, but i basically just thought of something off the top of my head.

That will work if you made the entire game a tower defence game but it is hard work if you are new to RPG maker
but can we do it as a mini game?

Rep:
Level 83
Well it doesn't have to be the entire game, most ABS systems, have on off switches, and you can still use the default battle system, or and altered version of it. (excluding XAS)

You could simply keep it off, and then turn it on when this Mini game comes up.

same goes for the HUD and the mouse script.
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

Rep:
Level 81
me confused and yes its a mini game like 10 levels but hard ???

Rep:
Level 83
Yea RMRK crashed, so im gonna re-post my question.

Do you have multiple accounts?
Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

Rep:
Level 81
if your asking me then the answer is no

Rep:
Level 83
Yea before RMRK crashed it just looked like you did, my mistake.

Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

EXECUTED WEEBLING?
Rep:
Level 81
Im still here.. hahahahahaha
I'm trying To Make a Tower Defence Game Also, but every time i add the event to do damage the enemy doesn't walk on it. the enemy just sits beside it?? Help! :o Plz ;)
Hey if you need anything just ask.

I'm trying To Make a Tower Defence Game Also, but every time i add the event to do damage the enemy doesn't walk on it. the enemy just sits beside it?? Help! :o Plz ;)
In RPGXP, on the event page "Options" in the lower left hand side check "Through"
should help

Yea RMRK crashed, so im gonna re-post my question.

Do you have multiple accounts?

are you trying to say Me and viraniz are the same person
I could see how you could mistake us being the same but I can assure you we are not.
I try to post with pride  ;D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 11:41:42 AM by Solundor »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Bloons was made in flash, iirc. If anything, the best bet for you is to use Game Maker instead of RPG Maker XP. RPG Maker was obviously intended for RPGs, not TDs. Yes, there have been other types of games made like a Ryden X-kinda thing (very well made, btw) and some people have even done 3D stuff with RPG Maker (though it wasn't a full project), iirc.

However, all these people were well versed in scripting and were able to manipulate RPG Maker to nearly its fullest extent. Unless you have scripting knowledge or at least good eventing skills, I'd recommend you not do a TD.

If you insist on doing a TD, you should work on the system and not focus on any graphics. Also, you're going to want to know scripting. Well. And you need to be good at math and visualization. Because, unless you want the smallest of your missiles to have the same collision size as the biggest of your missiles, it's going to be hard to detect collision.

I don't mean to discourage you in making your TD, but I do mean to inform you that, unless you're well equipped with flexible abilities, your project will not work out. At least start smaller.

Bloons was made in flash, iirc. If anything, the best bet for you is to use Game Maker instead of RPG Maker XP. RPG Maker was obviously intended for RPGs, not TDs. Yes, there have been other types of games made like a Ryden X-kinda thing (very well made, btw) and some people have even done 3D stuff with RPG Maker (though it wasn't a full project), iirc.

However, all these people were well versed in scripting and were able to manipulate RPG Maker to nearly its fullest extent. Unless you have scripting knowledge or at least good eventing skills, I'd recommend you not do a TD.

If you insist on doing a TD, you should work on the system and not focus on any graphics. Also, you're going to want to know scripting. Well. And you need to be good at math and visualization. Because, unless you want the smallest of your missiles to have the same collision size as the biggest of your missiles, it's going to be hard to detect collision.

I don't mean to discourage you in making your TD, but I do mean to inform you that, unless you're well equipped with flexible abilities, your project will not work out. At least start smaller.

thanks for that, so this is a no go for me