RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Avenging Darkness (Atrum Ultionis)

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
Storywriter. Boss Designer. Random Factor.
Hello everyone!

Here's a quick demo of an RPG playthrough I have worked on for a little bit.

AHA! SCREENS! :D

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

Here's the basic plot:

Spoiler for:
You play a lorekeeper of Cyndilix named Aroras. Cyndilix is the flying city in the sky levitated by mages early on in the history of the planet. Promoted to Vaultkeeper when the archmage vanished, you enter the vault under orders of the king to check upon the relicblade Livralis the Timeslicer.

A lorekeeper is one of the ranks in the Circle of Magi on Cyndilix. The highest rank being Archmage and lowest Acolyte. A lorekeeper's main focus is to assist the Archmage with keeping of the Vault, where magical treasures are stored. The Vault is actually a separate dimension with a two-way Dimension Door as a way in and out.

A vaultkeeper is the mage in charge of the lorekeepers. He is also the closest one to the promotion of Mage.

Livralis is the blade of the Time God, who fell during the Frostblaze War when he was struck down by the Cabal of 7 to end his oppresive rule over time as he was using it for his own purposes. Livralis is the source of time, not him however so Time continues as normal, without even a split when the old God died.

Here's a brief synopsis of the characters:
Spoiler for:
Aroras (Lorekeeper)
He is a sarcastic, powertripping spellcaster with little or no regard to the rules, having only reigned in his attitude after he dueled the Archmage and got thoroughly defeated Instead of punishing him or killing him, he noticed that after he was stopped, his problems calmed down. Since then, the archmage still watches him carefully but it seems there is no need for it as he has matured.

Saroth (Spellbreaker)
Saroth, 4th King of Cyndilix since the Ascension, is a warrior trained in the ways of the the Spellbreaker. He is trained to combat and defeat mages with skill and accuracy with blinding speed. He is a zealous man, eager to serve his country in any way needed and a good king as well but his blind devotion to ideals has pushed the kingdom a little too far sometimes and some people do not like him as much as they should.

Lily (Huntress)
Lily is a fun-loving young woman who just leads as normal a life as possible. She has a house she built herself in which she reads books, cooks, cleans and just enjoys life. She likes hunting too and is pretty naive when it comes to adventure.

Here's a download link for you guys still interested after reading my summary:

www.filefront.com/16176461/Atrum%20Ultionis.exe

ALL CREDIT GOES TO THOSE THAT DESERVE IT. MUSIC MOSTLY RIPPED FROM BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT BUT NOT LIMITED TO THEM. IDEAS, STORY AND CHARACTERS ARE OF MY OWN MAKING AND ARE NOT SUBJECT TO COPYRIGHT. THIS GAME'S NAME IS RESERVED TO ACORISTO.

I'm happy to get all that copyright tomfoolery out of the way.

Anyway, ENJOY!

~Acoristo

EDIT: Screenshots added, real plot teaser added, spelling errors fixed.

EDIT2: Character Synopsis added and Plot Explanation Expanded to include Glossary
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 01:34:55 AM by Acoristo »
"Where would science be without inspiration from the stories of religion? Where would religion be if not controlled by science? They are parts of each other, a symbiotic relation that transcends our understanding...until we awaken and discover that maybe we are truly fooling ourselves..." ~My own saying.

-------------------------------------------------------
Black:
You value power, ambition, and darkness.  You love power at any cost, and are a corrupting influence on those around you.  At your best, you are resourceful and unashamed.  At your worst, you are parasitic and amoral. Your symbol is a skull.  Your enemies are white and green.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
The demo link is broken, just thought I'd let you know. As for posting screenshots, you click the little icon above the message box that looks like a photo-next to the youtube icon-and insert the direct image url in between the image tags ("[img] [img]"). If the video is a youtube video, you do the same as images, except put the video's url inside the youtube tags. Hope that helps.

I like your description. It's very self-aware...

I don't seem to understand, the URL works fine on my end.
There was a gap between the message and the URL being up due to upload time (flipping music sizes RAWR)

I meant how to get the screenshots like what programs or a button in RPG Maker VX.

Also, thanks for the comment!
"Where would science be without inspiration from the stories of religion? Where would religion be if not controlled by science? They are parts of each other, a symbiotic relation that transcends our understanding...until we awaken and discover that maybe we are truly fooling ourselves..." ~My own saying.

Black:
You value power, ambition, and darkness.  You love power at any cost, and are a corrupting influence on those around you.  At your best, you are resourceful and unashamed.  At your worst, you are parasitic and amoral. Your symbol is a skull.  Your enemies are white and green.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Oh, okay. Whenever I take screenshots in an RPG Maker I just use Print Screen, and then crop the image.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah, that's pretty much the best way.

You could also use my Screenshot script, though that is primarily intended for the players to use - it's just as easy for you to Print Screen and crop it yourself.

Very cool, thank you for the information gentlemen.

EDIT: SCREENSHOTS ARE UP!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 03:48:12 AM by Acoristo »

Black:

Bump as it's been 3 days :D

Black:

Rep:
Level 84
You won't be folding stars.
Screenshots are a bit... small :|

I think you should elaborate more on the story. What's a lorekeeper? What's a vaultkeeper? etc.
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Yeah the screenshots are a bit small but you can click on them to see their full size.

Yeah, should have thought of that actually, it's my first time putting up a RPG Demo so yeah...

EDIT: IMPLEMENTED!!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 01:35:39 AM by Acoristo »

Black:

Black: