RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[C#:XNA] Basic Rpg Engine

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Basic Rpg Engine
Authors: game_guy aka Ronnie Mooney
Version: Its more of a Pre-Release Pre-Alpha Test

Introduction

Well for awhile now I've been trying to make somewhat of an RPG Engine or starter kit or whatever you want to call it in XNA. I've got some really basic concepts done as of right now. I'll keep you updated

Version History:
Pre-Release Pre-Alpha Test - April 12th, 2010:
  • First actual release of the engine.

Features

• Basic Walking
  • Passability Detection
  • Priorities (Aka layers)

Planned Features

These are features that are going to be in the next demo.
Completed
In Progress
Not Started
  • Large Maps (Greater then 20x15)
  • Map Scrolling
  • Events
  • Basic Saving

Screenshots/Videos

Too lazy for screenshots so I'll place some videos here.
  • Basic Rpg Walking/Animated Characters Video
  • Basic Mapping/Layers/Passability Video

Downloads

Bugs as of Pre-Release Pre-Alpha Test:
  • If you try to go outside of the map, you get an error

Microsoft Xna Redistributable:
You need this in order to run my game. I don't know why it does that, I find it very stupid you need it.
Once you install it, you won't need to install it again.
Download (Size: 7.4 MB)

Pre-Release Pre-Alpha Test
Here's the actual game download. Feel free to test it out. In fact please test it out and let me know what you think.
When downloaded, extract the contents of the zip, then run the Basic Rpg.exe that has the game controller as the icon.
Download (Size: 79KB)

Credits and Thanks

• game_guy aka Ronnie Mooney ~ For making it
  • Google/Chaos Project/Anyone else ~ Who helped me with code/ supported me/ or tested it.

Author's Notes

Let me know any bugs or what I could improve on or add.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 11:53:58 PM by game_guy »

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
*Legal Bump*

Fixed a link. The redistributable wasn't working. Also added Planned Features.

Rep:
Level 84
All Hail the Motherboard.
Nice, I have tried XNA before, but never got into it. I do plan to start working on it again soon, i've always wanted my own xbox game lol. Don't let this project die! Just keep pushing on with development, as far as you can, you wont regret it.

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
The next update is coming along great!
Here's whats done.

NPC Currently non moving ones.
A basic show text command. However it doesn't dispose when it should.
A basic save system that saves your location.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
Microsoft Xna Redistributable:
You need this in order to run my game. I don't know why it does that, I find it very stupid you need it.
Once you install it, you won't need to install it again.
Its needed because half of the function calls etc that you use arnt included with windows :D.

Just started dabbling in XNA myself, got a trial membership to the creators club from my Uni so making games for xbox :V

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Sadly, I lost this project. Fortunatly I started it again. Haven't done much but I'm going to make everything smoother.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Sadly, I lost this project. Fortunatly I started it again. Haven't done much but I'm going to make everything smoother.

I'll be starting XNA next semester, we may be able to make this a joint project.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Sweet. I'll be looking forward to it, if at that time of course I'm not busy >__> Also I restarted the engine, I'm not satisfied with how things are going with this one. Anyways that'd be cool to team up with you!