RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] A GIF Banner for my game

Rep:
Level 82
Men are born, then they're formed.

Well, any feedback?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:16:17 PM by boe »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
the sizes of the faces get bigger and bigger, the face on the far left is incorrectly sized, and i think it's too tall. I think the text scrolls open too fast. I'd be nice to show a little slower and to hold for a bit at the end instead of constantly loop so fast.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I like it but agree that it can be slowed down a tad. The cut-off heads do seem a bit unnerving though.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
yeah the heads look like they were intended to line up and since they don't it makes it look weird.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
If you had pics of the whole heads rather than just the middle areas, it would look nice if you, perhaps, put them offset so that they are overlapping (which I assume that you are trying to do here), but as of now, it would probably be better if they were either:

A. in boxes
or
B. blended and blurred around the edges so that the cut-offs are not noticeable as a "mistake"

In the case that you want to do the overlapping, you will want to constrain your pics into the right 2/3 (or less) of the image, that way, it will look more like you are overlapping, and less like you are lining them up (as it does now).
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 82
Men are born, then they're formed.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to update it asap. The faces were made on Face maker, so It'll take some work to get the rest of the heads. It's obvious I'm new at this, huh?

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I'll be honest, I never liked those stock anime heads that people always use on this website. I'd cut them out almost completely.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, but if he's using them in his game, it makes sense.

Also, like everyone said, make their dimensions uniform.

As for the text, you could slow it down, but I say that's up to you. Either way, you should let the text stay out longer when "Saviour Code-001" fully comes out. If you could make a cool effect for each letter as they come out (not too flashy), then that'd be cool, too.

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
Well first of all, if you're gonna use the loading screen from Mass Effect, the rest of the picture should at least match it. Having that static screenshot of a loading screen with barely animated text doesn't warrant the use of a gif.
I'd suggest you make the image thinner, almost like a userbar. Either get rid or move the anime heads (as sashi was saying use 1/3 proportions), probably 2/3's of the right side. Go find a program like photoshop or gimp to edit the title more. It's pixelated, unattractive and most of all illegible. Especially at that speed. Make it static but give it a subtle emphasizing animation.
Use an analogous red or orange (use adobe kuler from their site) for the title and add a little more depth to it, while the anti-aliasing of the type will take care of itself if you use any program other than paint.

- -