RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mount & Blade: Warband (Now with Mutliplayer!)

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Mount & Blade: Warband is the eagerly anticipated sequel for the game that brought medieval battlefields to life with its realistic mounted combat and detailed fighting system.

In a land torn asunder by incessant warfare, it is time to assemble your own band of hardened warriors and enter the fray. Lead your men into battle, expand your realm, and claim the ultimate prize: the throne of Calradia!

Features:
    * Graphical overhaul: Support added for HDR, FSAA, depth of field, soft particles, tone mapping, and many other effects.
    * Multiplayer battles with up to 64 players. Multiplayer modes include Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Conquest, Battle, and Siege.
    * New models with greater detail and high-quality textures.
    * A campaign allowing you to become the ruler of a faction and convince lords to become your vassals.
A few of us here at RMRK played the first Mount and Blade, and it was a really enjoyable game. Warband is the latest expansion, containing an assload of new features, and biggest of all, MULTIPLAYER, with up to 64 simultaneous players. The game is available to purchase on Steam, but lets face it, most of us probably won't (legally) obtain it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwGxzdGqEDg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwGxzdGqEDg</a>

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 11:56:28 PM by Firerain »

Rep:
Level 81
The game is available to purchase on Steam, but lets face it, most of us probably won't (legally) obtain it.

Why not?  You mean people interested in making games aren't interested in supporting the developers who make the games they want to play?  Excuse me if I think there's something very wrong with that.

I paid for the first Mount & Blade and enjoyed it.  I won't be getting Warband anytime soon because I can't afford it.  I can live with that.  I have other games.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Wow, jump off his dick for a moment. He said most probably won't buy it.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Dude needs to chill out on the anti-piracy shit.

Rep:
Level 81
Dude needs to chill out on the anti-piracy shit.

I disagree.

Rep:
Level 83
If you want a site with strict anti-piracy rules, then this isn't it. So leave, or deal with it

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Calm down, shut the fuck up. Nobody gives a shit whether you're going to download a copy of it or not.

I heard this game was buggy as shit, confirm y/n?
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 81
If you want a site with strict anti-piracy rules, then this isn't it. So leave, or deal with it
This isn't my site so I couldn't care less about anti-piracy rules.  I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are.  At least I'm not a thief.  Why should I leave?  I like it here.  And what's with the "Calm down, shut the fuck up" bullshit.  I am calm.  I'm also opinionated and passionate about gaming.  Piracy hurts gaming.  So... I don't think I'll be shutting the fuck up anytime soon either.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
No, your just forcing your opinion on us . . . which we don't care.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Sword had raved about the original game for weeks. Maybe I'll pick it up sometime.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
I heard this game was buggy as shit, confirm y/n?
Definitely not.

This isn't my site so I couldn't care less about anti-piracy rules.  I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are.  At least I'm not a thief.  Why should I leave?  I like it here.  And what's with the "Calm down, shut the fuck up" bullshit.  I am calm.  I'm also opinionated and passionate about gaming.  Piracy hurts gaming.  So... I don't think I'll be shutting the fuck up anytime soon either.
no, activision hurts gaming. you can thank their shit-eating, profit/cock-mongling, republican CEO for that.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
This isn't my site so I couldn't care less about anti-piracy rules.  I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are.  At least I'm not a thief.  Why should I leave?  I like it here.  And what's with the "Calm down, shut the fuck up" bullshit.  I am calm.  I'm also opinionated and passionate about gaming.  Piracy hurts gaming.  So... I don't think I'll be shutting the fuck up anytime soon either.

Hey bro let me clue you in.
You're not just voicing your opinion, you're being slanderous and rude, and you're also cavorting around promoting your worldview like you're somehow better than everyone else because you don't download games.  And don't say that's not what you're doing because your first post in this topic is exactly that.

Slow down, sit back, and next time, don't immediately maul the topic poster eh?

edit: you know what? I'm not quite done here.

I'd like to point out your total logical fallacy there.  See, the whole argument with pirating music was that it caused people to lose money and blah blah blah, but oh wait, lookie here: pirates 10 times more likely to -buy music-?  What?  Oh god the world is turning upside down!

It's called exposure and market penetration.  Game companies want exposure, they want people to play the game, they want people to tell their friends how awesome it is and they want publishers to rave about it and they want advertisements everywhere.  In fact, most independent game developers I've talked to have said they'd rather that people download and play their game than never see it because they didn't feel like buying it.  Word of mouth and publicity and market penetration create SALES.  An obscure game that isn't played generates no sales, a game that is so popular that all the download sites have a pirate iso of it is obviously doing well.

Consider for a moment that the same model works as with music, people who download games are more likely to buy them.  Why?  Because it's more important to them.  Consider that people might download games to see if they're any good before forking out for them because demo versions always suck and never give a good idea of what the finished project is.

Also if piracy was hurting gaming, then the industry wouldn't be growing everywhere.  Take it from someone who is studying to go into the field, it's bullshit propoganda.

Also most games that you buy come with uber-draconic invasive privacy-destroying anti-piracy measures.  Wait WHAT?!  I just bought this game and now you're putting spyware on my computer to make sure I didn't steal it?  Best idea ever amirite?  Anti-piracy turns people into pirates, productive isn't it?  Maybe if they stopped trying to control people's computers then they wouldn't have to worry about people pirating a game to avoid DRM forcing you to deal with shit like having to log in to a server and maintain an internet connection to even load your SINGLEPLAYER SAVE GAME or SAVE YOUR GAME while your system is slowed down by constant phone-home calls by the DRM program, and should your internet break TOUGH LUCK, YOU CAN'T EVEN PLAY SINGLEPLAYER.  Game companies are fighting a losing battle.

How about this, what if you borrow your friend's copy of the game and play it and then beat it, giving it back to your friend after you complete your gaming experience, no longer feeling the desire to buy the game yourself as you already finished it.  OOPS YOU DIDN'T BUY IT, LOST SALE TO THE DEVELOPER!!1!1!! Same thing as piracy.  Refute that for me.  I'd love to hear your rebuttal.

Also cut the crap with all of this "well excuuuuuuuuuuse me princess" crap, you self-righteous little asshat, if you want to state your opinion do so but cut the crap with the self-justification and egotistical idea that your moral standards make you superior to people, giving you a license to be a dick in every thread where someone even barely mentions piracy.

It's like listening to a fundie at an atheism convention.

I'll end this with a quote from a rather inspirational segment on copyright from an author named Cory Doctorow
It's the twenty-first century. Copying stuff is never, ever going to get any harder than it is today (or if it does, it'll be because civilization has collapsed, at which point we'll have other problems). Hard drives aren't going to get bulkier, more expensive, or less capacious. Networks won't get slower or harder to access. If you're not making art with the intention of having it copied, you're not really making art for the twenty-first century. There's something charming about making work you don't want to be copied, in the same way that it's nice to go to a Pioneer Village and see the olde-timey blacksmith shoeing a horse at his traditional forge. But it's hardly, you know, contemporary. I'm a science fiction writer. It's my job to write about the future (on a good day) or at least the present. Art that's not supposed to be copied is from the past.

I agree with this man.
Games are art, don't get me started on that, it's a new discussion for another time.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 05:30:37 AM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon