RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
"invalid PNG image", "invalid color depth" etc

Rep:
Level 82
I just want to ask a general question about the arbitrary occurrence of these error messages. I export all my graphics the same way, but SOMETIMES it tells me they are invalid, and sometimes it's fine with them. I always index my images, so the color depth should not be a problem. Is there anything else I could possibly be doing wrong or is this some kind of retarded glitch? Either way, it's unbelievable frustrating, especially when it persists across every possible file format, as if it's the image ITSELF and not its color depth or format.

Does ANYONE know what the hell this is caused by?
Current Project: Answered Prayers. (Yume Nikki styled adventure game.)

Rep:
Level 82
And just so I'm clear, I am saving this as a 256 color PNG. It is flat, 1 layer. No transparency, though that shouldn't be a problem anyway. There is NO REASON this should not be working.

Even when I try saving it as a 256 color BMP, it still says INVALID COLOR DEPTH.

The insane thing is that if I take another of my charsets, it's uploads fine, but if I copy that working charset and paste THIS one one top of it, and then save it with the same settings, it is no longer compatible. What. The. Fuck.

This program is being such a faggot.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 11:28:19 PM by naore »

Rep:
Level 82
And just for shits and giggles, and in the spirit of absolute despair and futility, here's the magical image that RPG maker has decided to arbitrarily despise.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
ok, first off, do not double post, much less triple post, there is an edit button for a reason.

second, try saving the image with a different color setting in paint or gimp, probably will solve it.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 82
Sorry for the triple post.

What exactly do you mean a different color setting?

EDIT: I'm starting to panic now - it seems that NONE of my graphics can be imported anymore. Maybe something in my GIMP settings changed, or something in my RPG maker snapped, but I just can't import anything that I've created since this problem occurred. I can still import the older charsets that I made before today, but other than that, I get errors no matter what. Is it possible I'll need to reinstall rpg maker or something?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 01:22:35 AM by naore »