RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
PLOT - Mutant Timeline

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
The storyline is still fairly malleable right now, but as in previous attempts to get this project moving the antagonists will mainly be a force of mutant superhumans. This topic outlines how the mutants come to be a force against humanity.

Man illegally produces the first genetic mutant. He is named Alpha from then on. The mutant is flawless, immensely strong and endlessly intelligent, and capable of flight.

The scientific community, lusting after the possibility of further research, can no longer be denied. Permission is granted to continue experimentation, and twelve new mutants are eventually created for a total of thirteen. Their names are:

2: Herod
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:

Herod, unbeknownst to anyone but himself, falls in love with a human female and experiences physical passion with her. To his surprise and hers, she becomes pregnant.

The lovers produce the first mutant created by means of sexual reproduction, creating a political firestorm. In light of this, Alpha steps up as an ambassador for his people, attempting to effect diplomacy for mutant kind and stimulate mutant procreation.

Those who foretell doom begin to spread word of the coming end of mankind as Alpha’s visage becomes widespread. His massive white wings and his mutant heritage cause some to believe he is an angel sent to Earth as a messenger- a symbol of the second coming. These rumblings are weak, and generally suppressed.

Disgusted with the consequences of his failure to control his lust, Herod becomes angry and unstable. Wanting to undo his actions, he hands his child over to a cadre of underhanded politicians. The child changes hands once more, falling into the clutches of several morally bankrupt geneticists.

After a period of cruel, terrible experimentation, the child is released upon the world, leaving a swath of destruction in its wake. Known only as “The Offspring”, it is seemingly unstoppable. The Offspring is seemingly defeated by (HERO CHARACTER).

Once more, talk begins to circulate that man is witnessing the beginning of the end, more strongly than before. Local news stations begin to recognize the topic as worthy of light discussion. Graffiti becomes prevalent, and those who place stock in this belief now call themselves, “The Enlightened.” (HERO CHARACTER) is referred to as “The Angel Killer” amongst the enlightened.

Crushed by the brutal murder of the first mutant child, despite the circumstances, Alpha becomes doubtful and distraught. Herod attempts to influence him, angry that Alpha has not yet been stopped on his campaign to stimulate mutant procreation. Furious at his inability to manipulate Alpha, Herod disappears.

Alpha begins to doubt his mission, and his integrity wavers. For the first time, he admits to his fellow mutants that he sometimes feels the humans are truly inferior. The message spreads among his kind, and soon becomes a mutual notion. After a time of being pressured by his kindred, Alpha reconsiders his position.

Alpha announces publically that the mutants no longer wish for equality, but separation. He beseeches world leaders to find them a home, on the grounds that it was only because of mankind that mutants should exist, and thus, it was their responsibility to give them asylum.

Unrest bubbles among the human populace…and then, violence. The twelve remaining mutants are no longer accepted amongst humans, becoming the targets of violence.  Governments take the opportunity to campaign against them as well, attempting to use various military forces to capture and detain the mutants indefinitely. The ban on genetic research is reinstated.

Alpha becomes furious. Faced with the cold truth that mutants will never be accepted, he closes the door on his attempts to coexist with mankind completely.

“If we cannot live with them, and we cannot live apart from them…then we simply must live without them.”

The mutants disappear from the public eye altogether. They are gone… but certainly not for long.

Thoughts? Names? Qualms and complaints? GIMME GIMME POSTS.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 02:14:37 AM by Arrow-1 »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
THIS STORY IS TRULY GREAT

Great job, seriously. Nothing to complain about. It's very unique and exciting.

Doneski
Rep:
Level 86
I agree with Irock.

So, what exactly do these mutants look like? Are they like the super mutants from Fallout or like X-Men type mutants?

Rep:
Level 96
Closer to Xmen. :3 Save for the Offspring. He looks horrible.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Fantastic Summary. I was a little doubtful when you were talking about the mutants wanting separation when we talked about this stuff, but I SEE WHAR YOU AR COMING FRUM NOW AHAHAHAHA

Err, since I probably won't be on tonight and this should be more of a public thing anyways, are we ready to talk protagonist or are we going to continue this mutant timeline to the end? On my own recommendation I'd say to come in with the protagonist(s) now, if only because circumstances have been shaped and everything that happens there on out will be at least somewhat influenced by protagonist's actions.

On second thought, we should design the mutants first, but we can't hold off designing main characters for long.

As for mutants we'll have to come up with powers first, which is the FUN PART YEAAAHHH. As far as I'm concerned their personalities will be shaped around that. Not the obvious I HAVE THE ABILITY TO MANIPULATE FIRE SO I AM ANNNNGRRRYYYYYYYYY, more like "Jesosphat was the second mutant. They gave him horns. People are scared of Jesosphat because he has horns. Jesosphat learned this from an early age. Jesosphat was confined to a lab for the early stages of his life. Jesosphat developed a need to be in control, prominent after he escaped/was given his freedom/whichever happened. When Jesosphat gets scared/nervous/insecure, he uses intimidation to gets what he wants. That, or he RAMS PEOPLE INTO THE WALL GRARRRRR."

...Jesosphat was Lije Baley's swear word in those Issac Asimov novels, although now that I think about it I think there might have been an h in there ._.

Let's design mutants right now if for no other reason than because I'm all in the mood now.

Rep:
Level 96
Kitkat, you're motivated and that makes me hard. :V

Herod was, actually, going to be a bull mutant, when I was thinking about him yesterday. o_o He's the only one other than Alpha I designed. I figured since Herod's name (Taken from the king that supposedly persecuted the Jews and helped assist in the crucifixion of Jesus) implied what it did, he should be a cloven hoofed animal. As for the mutants powers, yes, that is the fun part. :D Everyone needs to participate in that. Since you may not be on tonight, like you said, design as many as you like and just post em up in a new topic! We'll have fun molding them and warping them together as a team.

As for the timeline: YES. It is time to work on the protagonist's storyline. However, you should know that they both start at the same time. At the very beginning of the game, Alpha is born. It's on the news when you first start controlling your character. As the game progresses, the mutants slowly, slowly take center stage.

Or that was the implication. What actually happens is up to the team. :3