RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k/2k3] RMEventFactory - The batch tool for event creation!

Rep:
Level 85
RMEventFactory is a batch tool for creating RPG Maker 2000/2003 events. You can create events by reproducing a template and replacing values. You can also read values from CSV files. RMEventFactory is targetted to advanced RPG Maker users.

RMEventFactory will scan the template for special values and replace them by the result of a formula. You can also embed formulas and commands in strings, like messages (”Show Message”).

This way you can easily create a bunch of chest events (with different switches, and the right items and messages) or a list of “Change Variable” commands to set the stats of your CBS’ enemies, read out of a CSV file.

Plus, you can save event data to a file and later load it back (so you can also send events over the internet to other people), export events to text (? EasyEventExporter) or convert events to other types – map event to battle event, for example (? Battle Event Converter).

A detailed english manual and some examples are included.

In the example, which is currently opened in the screen, the option "Produce event script" is used to reproduce a "Conditional Branch" and change its values, so that at the end you have an event which can calculate a variable's sine (multiplied by 100.000).

Download: http://cherrytree.at/download/?did=11
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:24:10 PM by modern algebra »
Cherry = CherryDT | www.cherrytree.at

this is so awesome. Could you make it for xp too?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah, this tool looks fantastic. Great stuff!

Rep:
Level 85
this is so awesome. Could you make it for xp too?

In theory yes, but I have no knowledge about the RMXP's clipboard format, and figuring out RM2k(3)'s format was already very hard...

Rep:
Level 85
Real Men Make Fan Games
Project of the Month winner for May 2009
Not sure I see how this would be too useful, sorry =(

Wouldn't just copy/pasting a chest event and tweaking a variable or two be just as fast, if not faster, than opening up and using this utility?

Then again, I haven't tried it yet, so I'm off to download ^_^

Rep:
Level 85
Maybe - this is just an example.

Check out the other examples, maybe you find them more useful:

digit.efs - creates a 11-page event for displaying a digit (depending on a variables value). You can replace the variable IDs all at once.

or

enemies.efs - reads values (here: enemy stats for a CBS) out of a CSV table and produces corresponding "Change Variable" commands.

Rep:
Level 85
The latest version is now Wine-compatible and there are also some bugs fixed: http://cherrytree.at/download/?did=11

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Oh my god I love you Cherry, I needed something like this for my Sphere Grid-like stat tree. :'(

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
n00b with attit00d
You are a spectre from the Gods!

This tool is absolutely what I needed. I was spending over 20 minutes per battle sprite to re-program all the switches and this thing reduces my job to about 60 seconds each (and that's simply to rename the switches once I've applied them, and to find a spot for the unit on the map).

Thank you sooo much!!!

Rep:
Level 85
Thanks for your reply.

I'm glad to hear it's useful to some people.