RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RPG 2k3] [Complete] DBZ - RP V3.0 Pt. 1

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Dragon Ball Z - Raging Pride
By MakoInfused & Sh3ikha
www.cetrastudios.com

Original Release: 01/11/10

Introduction

This game is an attempt to make a really good DBZ game that stays true to the series, and to actually make a successful RPG out of it, since there aren't many out there! Mostly you just see action based DBZ games, but this game features an actual DBZ RPG experience. Essentially this means that if you like Dragonball Z OR (NOT AND) RPG's, then you should give this a try. This is not just another fan game, it has a lot of work put into it.

This project is an attempt to combine the best of DBZ and Final Fantasy into one game!

Key Features

01. While this is an RM2k3 game, it features animated battlers for both enemies, and player controlled characters.

02. Custom animated Battle Victory screen.

03. Several Long Minigames (7 in total).

04. A detailed, but not overly involved storyline.

05. 10 Side Quests.

06. 100+ secrets available!

07. Custom Menus/Systems for many different parts of the game.

08. Nintendo DS style graphics (Both ripped AND custom ones made specifically for this game!).

09. Audio files include voices, and music actually from DBZ!

10. A New Game + Feature.

11. This part of the game is playable anywhere from 3 hours minimum to 10 hours +, if everything is played thoroughly.

Screenshots

Spoiler for Photoalbum:

01. "The start point at the beginning of the game."

02. "Pictures used for cinematic sequences."

03. "The tournament arena, before all of the fans arrive!"

04. "The training area, where you can participate in several minigames or spar with friends to get stronger."

05. "The Ki Blast Dodging minigame, which gives out special prizes each time you play."

06. "A part of the 23rd Martial Arts Tournament! With some subtle humor :)."

07. "One of our characters gets kicked in the...well...somewhere not nice."

08. "A picture of the "Cinematics" at work."

09. "The start to a Boss Battle!"

10. "When you're done taking someone's meanspirited banter, you can always blast 'em in the face."

11. "More cinematics."

12. "In-battle Transformations are always good."

13. "It's always easy, until they start hitting you back."

14. "The Victory Screen -- in action."

Information

Playable Characters
Base Stats:

Spoiler for Goku:

HP: 75               KI: 20
LV: 3                Powerlevel: 164
Speed : 8
Energy: 10
Race: Human(Saiyan)

Skills:
Power Up
Defender of Earth
Shockwave
Ki Blast
Triple Blast
Solar Flare
Kamehameha

Bio: A young man on the verge of stardom in his martial arts career. As a boy he trained to one day become the greatest fighter of all men. As an adult his goals are no different, however as time passes his adversaries seem to get more serious about their desire to kill him. Despite all of the obstacles at face him Goku's resolve remains as firm as ever. Now he's decided to enter the World's Martial Arts Tournament -- in a winner take all fighting competetition.

Spoiler for Piccolo:

HP: 105               KI: 70
LV: 5                Powerlevel: 320
Speed : 15
Energy: 25

Race: Demon(Namekian)

Skills:
Power Up
Sense
Regeneration
Split Form X2
Shockwave
Ki Blast
Triple Blast
Laser Eye
Super Namek Rage
Destructive Wave
Power Crushing Attack

Bio: A strong and silent fighter who only speaks when he wishes to insult his foes. His past is somewhat mysterious, what is known is that he is the reincarnation of Goku's former Arch-Rival King Piccolo. Like he did before he seeks to destroy Goku and his friends. He too has entered the tournament, and hopes to carry out his plans so that he may dominate the world after his hostile take-over.

Spoiler for Gohan:

HP: 24               KI: 3
LV: 2                Powerlevel: 10
Speed : 2
Energy: 3

Race: Half-Saiyan

Skills:
Power Up
Sense
Shield
Headstrong

Bio: Son of Goku, while he may seem like a cry-baby this boy holds great potential. Appearing as a sensitive, mama's boy has it's advantageous, no one ever expects him to be a competent fighter! A curious young boy, with a caring heart that seeks to play whenever his mom isn't around, but is far too scared to do much without some encouragement.

Spoiler for Plot Summary:
The World Martial Arts Tournament has just started, so Goku and company have decided to finish up their rigorous training and seek to show off their newfound powers. All the while an ominous foe seeks to take out his most fearesome opponents by entering the tournament and killing "all the birds" with one stone. After which his plans for world domination can come into fruition. Quickly Goku finds out about this, and is determined to stop the bloodshed, but not without spilling some of his own in the process. Goku realizes that life is full of sacrifices; but he also knows that the greater your power-- the less sacrifices you have to make, and he intends to prove this to everyone.

For More Info Go Here:
http://www.cetrastudios.com/cetrastudios-new-projects.html

Promo Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDceqC2IyJE

Download
http://www.cetrastudios.com/cetrastudios-new-projects.html

Known Issues

01. Shouldn't be any, besides some minor spellling mistakes and grammar issues.

Disclaimer

Disclaimer: Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, and all related characters, images and logos are registered trademarks of Toei Animation and FUNimation in the United States and other countries. This game is made by fans, and is not meant to infringe on any copyright. The game is also strictly non-profit and is intended only to spread the popularity of the aforementioned series.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 03:19:31 AM by MakoInfused »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I'm pretty sure you can delete your own posts, but OK, Mr. Batista.

I'm pretty sure you can delete your own posts, but OK, Mr. Batista.
LOL! I do apologize, I wasn't thinking straight.

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
so good and interesting.i like it so much.
forum

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Nice, A dbz rpg that looks good! Though the screenshots all shown things from near the end of Dragon Ball. I think there was  dbz rpg on the SNES not sure

so good and interesting.i like it so much.
Thanks I appreciate it :D. The game was fun to make...but very hard-- the bug fixing I did for this... well, let's just say that I hope I NEVER go through something like that again.

Nice, A dbz rpg that looks good! Though the screenshots all shown things from near the end of Dragon Ball. I think there was  dbz rpg on the SNES not sure

Thanks, I put a lot of effort, time, and thought into this. I figured if I gave it my all, I could at least make a decent indie game.

Yeah, you're right most of the screenshots are from the end of DB. The game starts at the end of Dragonball, and goes into Z. Also, yes you are correct there was a DBZ game on the SNES, it was one of my inspirations for this-- although this game is totally different. The reason I call it an inspiration is because it showed me that DBZ should be an RPG, it doesn't make sense as a fighting game!

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
everytime i come around news to Dragon Ball Z... i always get excited coz i just love this Goku and his team  ;8 .... one of the best serial of mine......thanks for sharing the post and links too......

Rep: +0/-0Level 68
RMRK Junior
sounds great to me