RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] [POTM] The Legend of Zelda: Realm of the Gods.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
live each day as it comes,
Project of the Month winner for May 2010
TASTER DEMO VERSION 2 IS NOW UP! see downloads for details

STORY

The loremasters of Hyrule hold the devine secret.

Just over 1 century ago, death and disaster wiped Hyrule of all that was good. 
An impure twilight covered the land and creatures spread fear throughout Hyrule.
The sacred temples of the land were theived of their holiness and the powers that held both the world and the twilight in harmony were imprisoned.
Then one day, a boy from a village with a charmed life and cruel destiny appeared as odd as it seemed it felt like he was  sent by the gods to banish the evil that covered the land in twilight.

But what happened to the evil that was banished?

The evil known as a man famous for his lust for power was stripped of his godly powers and taken back to a place that he knew only too well. 
Once the body had been destroyed the soul, like all souls, found its way into the Sacred Realm and was there put on trial by the gods.

The evil man known as Ganondorf had once been there before but was banished away to the twilight Realm due to his terrible powers.

Now that the Twilight Realm has been restored to peace and shut away from the land of hyrule, the gods had to think of another way to deal with the evil.

This time the gods were unforgiving.

Ganondorf was sent to the darkest hole of the realm.  There, even deadlier and crueller souls than his had resided since the dawn of time and none of them had broken forth and so the gods were comforted that they were rid of this evil for good.

They were wrong.

Ganandorf, with hidden power and might broke free of this prison.

Free, within the realm of the gods to hunt down the powers that had imprisoned him and punish them to the end of time.

Meanwhile, the three goddess that had created Hyrule had no choice but to hide in the land they had ruled over, each taking a third of the sacred and mysterious triforce with them.

With the realm under his command Ganondorf openned a new portal to the world, allowing his powers of evil to destroy the peace and plunge the world into darkness once more...

GAMEPLAY
Now most of you are familiar with the legend of Zelda Franchise, Everyone knows the basics of how the game plays,
Basically the game is a mixture between different styles of zelda games.
most of the grounds are familiar, Hyrule field, Lake hylia, death mountain etc.
Now before you start saying oh not another Zelda game, probably won't be good.
Take into fact that i have tried so hard to make this game differ from most others.
for example.We have completely revamped Requiems ABS system to create an authentic Zelda battle style,
We have a fully working Ocarina System, So you can play music to solve puzzles and get to where you need to go.
I have worked my heart out on making graphics for the system, There are Zelda style HUDs and hearts
you will encounter old enemys and new more upgraded versions of those enemies.
A hookshot system has been made for the game but is not gonna be featured in the demo.
Im going for the typical Zelda feel to the game.

CHARACTERS
Like all Zelda classics you only need Link.

FEATURES
*Hearts and MP system
*Zelda style items HUD, Rupee HUD, Key HUD
*File select system
*Zelda style gameover
*Ocarina system
*bottle system
*Shooting gallery system
*Lots of places to explore
*Original and new characters
*Old and new weapons
*Much much more to make this Zelda more authentic

I wasnt gonna show anything untill im finished, but as you all been waiting so patiently i decided to leave you
all a treat, be warned the demo is not near completion.

UPDATED SCREENS WARNING NOT SPOILER FREE
Spoiler for:
Title Screen

File Select

Menu Screen

Some in game shots UPDATED 3/06/2010

New Zora Temple Pics.

TENTERULA form 1

TENTERULA form 2

TENTERULA form 3

DOWNLOADS
Taster Demo version 2 released!

DEMO FEATURES
The demo will feature 30 mins at least of gameplay from the story intro all the way to the end of the first Boss!
The Taster includes: 5 Gold Skulltulas but only 4 are attainable, 1 quarter Heart, 1 Full heart (from defeating the boss)
Some Basic Forest Enemies, 1 Sword and 1 Shield, and 4 other items!
A fully functional Menu System, A file Select system (Warning: Copy button does not work), Zelda Style HUD,
and Zelda Sounds plus other stuff.

IMPORTANT! please remember this is just a taster demo, this is not a alpha, nor is it a beta, feedback and critisms are welcome however please note alot of fixs and errors are due to script coding and conflicts these cannot be fixed without a coder. I will try my best to fix up anything that i can, but i cannot guarentee anything. Please Remember RPG maker VX is not an Action RPG system, thus meaning it is not meant for Zelda games. SO PLEASE PLEASE Respect the ammount of work put into this, instead of nit picking!

NOTES:
File Size 96MB approx ( i tried all the methods to keep size low)
ALSO please read the important note file before installation.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ye884egguw0at6y[/color]

taster demo v1.2 fixes
- fixed up dialogue grammer
- fixed maplink problem
- fixed events
- fixed gameover continue function
- changed enemy damage para's (more in tune with OOT parametre system)
- general fixes and updates

Support?.
Wanna Support this project?
Codes will be up soon

Code: [Select]
[url=www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=12760][img]http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff333/Twilight1300/Support2.png[/img][/url]

[url=www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=12760][img]http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff333/Twilight1300/Support1.png[/img][/url]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The official Forum, Join up =)

[url=rotgzeldavx.47.forumer.com/index.php?noportal=1][img]http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff333/Twilight1300/forumbar.png[/img][/url]

Thats right people, the Realm of the gods forum is now ready.
Join up now!
The forum will have:
*updates on the project
*a brief project history
*new screens before official releases.
*PROJECT RECRUITMENT AND BETA TESTING FORMS* (can ONLY apply through this forum)
*topics to keep you going.
*Talk about other zeldas and your theories.

so sign up now, **Project workers will instantly become Mods**

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a demo currently underway.

Hiring

Hiring is now done through our forums check it out.

Credits
IMPORTANT
Due to so many changes on the game i have decided to cut down the credits,
and remake them, but I am going to need some help identifying who made what!

*Midget Man12
*Pacomcdohl
*Overlord_Dave
*Gingercake
*Requiem
*Ah2190
*SojaBird
*Macks tilesets.
*PinedaVX Zelda set
*Lel/Lenny
*Erika

*nintendo (for the Actual game series, without them i wouldn't be able to make such a fan game)
*enterbrain (For RTP and tilesets)

AGAIN!
There is plenty of people i know who should be in this credit list, but i have lost my list of names.
If when the demo is done and you notice some of your work please let me know who you are because
I want to add you to my credit list.
Thank you.

IMPORTANT

Beta Testing is now done through our forums go check it out!

Email me on rotgzeldavx@live.co.uk

FAQ
Q: Could you please tell me where you get the scripts or send me them?
A: All the main scripts are customized i suggest looking on the script forums so sorry i can't give info,
unless the script is already released, but i doubt it will be a major script at all.

Q: Could you send me the graphics or HUD's?
A: No, yet again these are personally made and customized,
anything that isn't is edited and cut to a needed style and made into many tilesets.

Q: Im making a Zelda game and really need that heart system can you send me it?
A: im gonna say no again, its a customized script, which is for this project.

If after those 4 questions you don't get the hint, then well im sorry but nothing from this project will
be given to you at all.
I do get quite angry at these types of questions as there are more important things to worry about.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:24:26 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 84
Whoah.  I can't wait for a demo!  That looks awesome!

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Sounds good. Could we have some screenshots?  :tpg:
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
THis game looks very good - I am looking forward to it :)

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Very nice! Looking forward to playing it.

I love how you can see caves and stuff under the frozen lake, very nice touch.  :)

Rep:
Level 83
"You come, You go, but first you lose an arm"
its about time someone finally creates a worthy zelda fan made game
i like it, :D the best yet
-=Renegade has come=- so has your death

@DarkCodeZero - thanks as i say the team is working on it,
try and have something up soon.

@MagitekElite - There are screenshots already up check the spoiler,
theres loads.

@Modern Algebra - glad to hear it =)

@SirJackRex - theres more to it than that ;) but for now it adds scene =)
thank you.

@EV3 of RenGal - thank you, nice to hear that, my aim is to make something more worthy.
^^ were breaking a lot of Vx boundaries for this.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Oh, it was empty before >.<
It looks really fun. I got interested when I saw the Boss screenshot  :lol:
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 83
@DarkCodeZero - thanks as i say the team is working on it,
try and have something up soon.

@MagitekElite - There are screenshots already up check the spoiler,
theres loads.

@Modern Algebra - glad to hear it =)

@SirJackRex - theres more to it than that ;) but for now it adds scene =)
thank you.

@EV3 of RenGal - thank you, nice to hear that, my aim is to make something more worthy.
^^ were breaking a lot of Vx boundaries for this.

but it is good, zelda does need a new twist sometime, look at what nintendo is doing, the triforce has so many different meanings to it, why not stick to the old style rather than just confuse everyone with a new plot. but im hoping yours is better what nintendo is making as in the story line

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
probably not.

@MagitekElite - im glad you like it, Bosses in this game will play out like Zelda.
Also most of which are completely new bosses, and some are sibling bosses.

so we got a good mix.

@EV3 of RenGal  - As grafikal says probably not, im not trying to make something better than its original creation, this is only in the league of fan games im sure if nintendo made this exact version it would completely make this look stupid.
However although this looks like a mixture of stuff already done, i assure you it does have its own tricks.

Rep:
Level 83
@MagitekElite - im glad you like it, Bosses in this game will play out like Zelda.
Also most of which are completely new bosses, and some are sibling bosses.

so we got a good mix.

@EV3 of RenGal  - As grafikal says probably not, im not trying to make something better than its original creation, this is only in the league of fan games im sure if nintendo made this exact version it would completely make this look stupid.
However although this looks like a mixture of stuff already done, i assure you it does have its own tricks.

and i look forward to it, this acually looks like a really good game

Rep:
Level 84
When can we expect a demo to be posted?  I'm really anxious to play this.

Go on your game! Cos I'm a fan of Zelda

Rep:
Level 82
Treat Every Game Like Your Last.
I really enjoy the Zelda series. I would really enjoy to also see this fit in a time line.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Gate of Darkness
I LOVE Zelda my favorite video game series i will definitely play this.
Current Project Gate of Darkness visit at RPG RPG Revolution to see and DEMO COMING SOON

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
I realy like it!!! I look forward to play a demo!! Very nice! ;D

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Congratulations, this project has been voted Project of the Month for May! I will send you a PM with details on what this means soon. Again, congratulations; the game looks great!

Rep:
Level 83
ok...i rechecked this again and carefully.... you sir have created the BEST, i mean the BEST zelda remake ever by using rpg maker i mean seriously, you are a true GENIOUS

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Fantastic job, mate, I can't wait to see a demo.

Also, good work on the tilesets; I'm gonna need a tileset expansion, myself in a wee bit, as you seem to have a combination of RTP and custom sets (Mack's, for instance) and it looks really grand.

Well well this has been a while,
Okay first id like to apologise for being out of action for a little while,
ya know life struggles and stuff like that,
Just recently got my team working again,
The Scripts are being completely redone from scratch we decided.
So its going to take a while yet im hoping i can get most of it done by end of the summer. in the meantime heres some new screenshots, enjoy
New Zora Temple Pics.

TENTERULA form 1

TENTERULA form 2

TENTERULA form 3

Also, thank you for project of the month, i know
we havent been about much and there aint a demo currently,
but i highly appreciate it and also the comments.

@RenGal
thank you XD i wouldnt say im a genious however i would say i like breaking limitations.

@Mikhail Faulken
Thanks im sure there will a demo as soon as im confindent its ready.
XD and yes theres alot of tilesets and alot of mixed tiles.
But i try to create and effect, doesnt have to be perfect but it works.

Rep:
Level 82
This looks awesome, great work! ^_^

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
This looks totally epic!

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
Scorpian
Looks awesome and did you make those sprites yourself? ;D

Bwhahaha

ok well as people have been waiting so long i released a 30 minute Taster demo,
please read features and important information before downloading.
At the moment im feeling very low, a bit agrevated.
I hope those who play it enjoy it, and i apologise for any script errors that im unable to fix, i do have a list, from the testers, im pretty sure i know them all.