RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Leomorn Sword (1.3 Released)

Poll

Which “twist” in the story would you prefer?

The death/disappearence of one of the main characters;
A treason;
You can foresee something will happen to “A”, but it happens to “B”;
The enemy you’re fighting is in fact another villain’s emissary;
One of the antagonists joins you before the end;
All of the above.

Rep:
Level 83
Project of the Month winner for March 2010

“Leomorn Sword”

Story Background
Spoiler for:
« We were too busy looking up,
when we should have looked down ».
(Eilmorel)

The story takes place on three floating islands, flying over the abyss: NORTHDELL, ERIDEN and SOUTHSTON.

The “Council of the Elders”, in Virannum (NORTHDELL), is in charge of all the decisions made in NORTHDELL. You will be introduced to the life of Lauron Pegason, hopefully becoming familiar with what it has been like so far, especially since Leomorn’s disappearance, its people, its places, its routines, and so forth. However, shortly after that, something is going to change dramatically: many things that Lauron firmly used to believe in will turn out to be false.

Panril Loyalar and Lauron have been working with Lord Leoven Arcanscape for about two months at the remains of Lochbrook Edge, near the place where Leomorn disappeared six years before (Dorford, NORTHDELL), when all of a sudden something is dug out, something that can’t belong to the islands. While Leoven, as a scholar and a researcher, is willing to see things clearly, the Council grows impatient to burke the matter, because the councillors think themselves to be the keepers of an essential dogma: there is nothing underneath the islands, no UNDERWORLD exists. Whatever it is that Leoven found out, it will not change their beliefs. The matter is even more delicate to Eilmorel Gladomain, not only because of her anxiety to show her worth to the Council, but also because those beliefs are the ones that her mother, before her, meant to preserve . . .

Characters
Spoiler for:

Lauron Pegason
(Born in: Nossa; Age: 19)
He was born in Nossa (NORTHDELL) and he’s nineteen years old. Secluded, maybe shy more than introverted, he’s been living in Nossa since he was born, Miss Rune Milner took him in when he was four, and he’s been thinking lately of leaving the village, not exactly to travel, as to find his “own” place. He’s working with Panril Loyalar under Lord Leoven Arcanscape, wishing to become a Guardian someday, like his brother Leomorn before him. Everyone is expecting him to live up to his brother’s celebrity.

Eilmorel Gladomain
(Born in: Mirisia; Age: 19)
Despite her young age, she heads up the Council in Virannum (NORTHDELL), as a descendant of the royal family that used to rule the islands. Although she’s revered by the Council, perhaps more for her past than for her present deeds, Eilmorel knows that she won’t be loved by the councillors as much as her mother used to be. However, in order to prove herself worth of their approval, she often appears harsher than she really is. Eilmorel is the descendant of the Gladomain family for this time: she’s destined to leave the sovereignty of NORTHDELL to her daughter: she’s also the only member left of the glorious Gladomain family, as the other two islands, ERIDEN and SOUTHSTON, are currently under other rulers. In order to be able to assure her lineage, Eilmorel’s body will not old, nor die, before she’ll give birth, although the rule of NORTHDELL may only pass to a female heir. People say that Eilmorel and Leomorn used to be lovers for a short time in the past.

Leomorn Pegason
(Born in: Engon; Age: 24)
Leomorn is Lauron’s elder brother. He used to be a Guardian of NORTHDELL, before he mysteriously disappeared years before, in an attempt to save the islands from the sudden arrival of a demon of unknown origin. According to the rumors, Leomorn threw himself in the abyss, from the edge of NORTHDELL — in Westerwald, to be precise, near the remains of Lochbrook Edge. Leomorn is regarded as a hero by everyone in NORTHDELL and beyond. He’s remembered as one of the finest combatants who ever lived, as the hero who sacrificed himself for the safety of his beloved ones, and for another undertaking: before that demon arrived, Leomorn had created a sword, in which he relegated part of his living spirit, making the weapon eternally bound to him, meaning that one could not exist without the other. Everyone knows about this story, but very few believe it is actually true. Heroes will always attract legends.

Eilnys Arroway
(Born in: Panador; Age: 20)
Eilnys is a Healer from the capital city of NORTHDELL, Panador. She is always gentle and very generous, although something happened to her in the past, leaving its signs in the vague sadness of her manners. As a matter of fact, she had to leave her hometown to settle down permanently in Meusa (ERIDEN). An ancient custom imposes Healers to leave their hometown forever, in order to complete their apprenticeship, which is precisely what Eilnys did two years before the story begins, although she now misses her mother terribly. She’s also a dear friend of Lauron’s, and she happens to visit him quite often in Nossa.

Panril Loyalar
(Born in: Nossa; Age: 22)
Reliable, very self-confident, impulsive, a conqueror and a leader. Since he’s a Guardian, he used to be a fellow soldier along with Lauron’s brother, Leomorn, and he secretly regrets that he actually deserted him right before the end. He also means to protect Lauron, after his brother’s disappearance. Together with Lauron, he works under Lord Leoven Arcanscape near the ruins of Lochbrook Edge (NORTHDELL). This is the reason why Panril and Lauron go to Molenor every week.

Leoven Arcanscape
(Born in: Erene; Age: 42)
Leoven is Lauron and Panril’s superior. He is a scholar and a revolutionary. He organises the works at the ruins that lie to the south of Molenor, in a place called Lochbrook Edge, along with Panril and Lauron, and he reports back to the Council every week. The Elders, and especially Eilmorel Gladomain, don’t trust him: he’s been conjecturing about another world lying below the floating islands. Leoven wishes to prove his good faith to the Council.

Davian Millstone
(Born in: Nossa; Age: 17)
He was born in Nossa (NORTHDELL) and he’s seventeen years old. Davian and Lauron Pegason have known each other for a long time, although they don’t see themselves as close friends. Davian enjoys spending time with Lauron, who trains him every now and then around Northmill. Also, every time Eilnys Arroway comes to NORTHDELL, which is quite often, she stays at Davian’s.

Theremita Windsailor
(Born in: Meusa; Age: 20)
Theremita is a Guardian who spends most of her time in Molenor (NORTHDELL), running errands for the Council, even though she’s originally from Meusa (ERIDEN). She’s a very determined fighter: Theremita uses the “Two Swords Style”. She’s sweet and trustworthy, although every now and then she might get a little touchy, but she’s never deeply angry. She knows Panril Loyalar quite well, as they are both Guardians of NORTHDELL.

Traben Tigersoul
(Born in: Meusa; Age: 21)
Traben is a Healer, although, unlike Eilnys Arroway, he hasn’t left his hometown yet (Meusa, ERIDEN), which means that he hasn’t completed his apprenticeship yet. (An ancient custom imposes Healers to leave their hometown forever). Therefore, he finds himself “isolated” in Meusa, as nobody would seriously consider to employ an apprentice, however gifted, who hasn’t completed his course of studies yet. While Traben is deciding whether to leave ERIDEN or not, he grows fond of the legends surrounding Leomorn Pegason; not only because of his mysterious disappearance from Lochbrook Edge (NORTHDELL), but also because he’s deeply fascinated by his figure.

Marlynn Lairhorn
(Born in: Molenor; Age: 18)
She’s always cheerful and vivacious, perhaps a little stingy, but most of all inappropriate. However, underneath this jester-like appearance and attitude, Marlynn is not lacking in a more emotional sagacity, from which you can tell that she’s, as well, protecting her frailty. She was born in Molenor (NORTHDELL), and she’s helping out the soldiers in Lochbrook Edge, where she can be found during the day.

Screenshots
Spoiler for:

Features
Spoiler for:
“Leomorn Sword” uses the Sideview Battle System (SBS):
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaUoRBqu9ks" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaUoRBqu9ks</a>

Original Script: Enu; Translation: Kylock; Translation Continued: Mr. Bubble; Special Thanks: Shu; Moonlight; NightWalker; Enelvon; Atoa; AlphaWhelp.
Addons:
Battle Face (Moogle Warrior) adds character face graphics to Window_BattleStatus.
Default Scope Options (Kylock; Mr. Bubble) reproduces some ‘Scope’ options for skills, such as “One Enemy Dual”, “One Random Enemy”, “2 Random Enemies” and “3 Random Enemies”;
Bow-Addon (Mr. Bubble) adds a smooth bow animation;
Critical Flash (Jens009) flashes the screen when dealing critical hits;
Enemy Animated Battlers (Kylock; Mr. Bubble), which allows to use animated battlers for enemies as well;
Zantetsuken (Zeoxis) adds the skill “Zantetsuken” (“Iron-Cutting Sword”) (vers. 1.1);
State Animation Sequence (Enu, Mr. Bubble, Hanzo Kimura; SoFresh85) shows animations according to Status, such as “Poison”, “Confusion”, “Paralysis”, “Blindness”, etc. (vers. 1.1);
OverDrive (KGC), which allows to add some skills that are available only when the OverDrive gauge is full (Upd. 2009/11/1, vers. 1.1);
Enemy Level Control (Yanfly) makes enemies adjust their stats according to the party’s level (vers. 1.1);
Different Ways to Die (BigEd781): some states will cause Game Over when they’re inflicted to the whole party;
Change Battle Background (Claimh) allows to use the current map as the battle background;
Battler SE (Rockleedude) adds sound effects to to play for actors and enemies during battle according to the actions that they take (vers. 1.1);
AutoBattle (Dargor): by selecting “Auto Battle” the system will automatically choose the actions of the turn;
Display Enemy Gauge;
Optional Battle Music (Sangdolem) allows to enable or disable music during combat;
Fade Battle End ME (Kylock), instead of playing the entire sound file.

“Leomorn Sword” uses the following scripts affecting abilities:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J83E2LB7iXs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J83E2LB7iXs</a>

OverDrive (KGC), which allows to add some skills that are available only when the OverDrive gauge is full (Upd. 2009/11/1, vers. 1.1);
RateDamage (KGC), which lets you decide whether the damage caused by any skill has to be an integer or a percentage (vers. 1.1);
HP Skills (modern algebra) allows to assign an HP_Cost for skills, instead of an MP_Cost;
Item/Equipment/Skill Conditions (modern algebra) allows to set stats and/or level requirements for weapons, armor and skills;
Skill-Teaching Equipment & Items (modern algebra) allows items, weapons and armors to teach skills when used or equipped;
Learn Skills By Use & Show Skill Count (modern algebra) allow to have actors learn skills by using other skills, and to draw the number of times  the actor has used a skill onto the Help Window when selecting skills;
Custom Damage Control (Yanfly) sets whether or not certain skill types can produce “criticals”, meaning that not only physical attacks can deal a critical hit (vers. 1.2);
MPCostAlter (KGC-TOMY, translated by Mr. Anonymous) turns the Mana cost specified in the Database into a percentage: it also makes this amount the real multiplier to determine the damage or the healing done when using the ability. It means that characters with higher values of Intellect, having more Mana Points, will suffer from higher costs of Mana to cast the same spells as others, but their spells will be more effective. (Higher Intellect > Higher Mana Points > Higher Mana Cost > Higher Damage/Healing) (vers. 1.3).

Equipment:
The “Equipment” screen has been replaced with Yanfly’s “Equipment Overhaul” (vers. 1.2). This script essentially redefines the way the equipment system works while keeping the core without rewriting too much. It also recalculates the stats applied through equipment by the order of operations properly. In addition to fixing the calculation regarding the order of operations, Yanfly’s “Equipment Overhaul” changes the equipment scene with a different layout and more efficient methods.

The “Status” screen has been replaced with Lettuce’s Stat Points Distribution System 1.71 (vers. 1.1). This script lets you distribute points onto your actor’s stats: points are earned leveling up, through a specific formula, and they can’t be assigned twice. It’s useful to contribute to the characters’ growth: however, all unused points will stagnate. I renamed these points “Talents”. The stats are: “Stamina”, “Intellect”, “Attack Power”, “ Defense”, “Mana Regen”, “Haste”, “Accuracy”, “Evasion” and “Critical Hit”.

Party/Arrange Party:
The following features are handled by Dargor’s “Custom Commands”, “Large Party” and “Party Changer” scripts: it is possible to change your party during combat; you can display an actor’s detailed status window when pressing Shift; actors in the reserve can get a percentage of the “EXP” earned in battle; “Party Changer” and “Arrange Party” are both available in the Main Menu.

Quest Journal:
It’s modern algebra’s “Quest Journal”. This script provides a graphical interface for viewing quest progress. (It is an objective-based quest log, meaning I could choose to reveal, conceal, complete, or fail any objective at any time). It shows which objectives are needed to complete each quest. The description is also very useful as a reminder.

Fix List vers. 1.3
List of Scripts currently being used in 1.3

Demo
Spoiler for:
Version 1.3
You can find the Demo vers. 1.3 here!
Leomorn Sword
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:22:53 PM by modern algebra »
Current Project:

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
The screenshots look kind of nice, actually. I'll download the demo now :3

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I'm glad someone took the time to arrange the enemies in a way to look more natural on a map background rather than just floating blindly over everything :)

Drama Queen :*
Rep:
Level 83
I'm glad someone took the time to arrange the enemies in a way to look more natural on a map background rather than just floating blindly over everything :)

lol. Yeah. It takes tons of effort to install a script, huh.

Anyway. Really nice screenshots. I shall download and play this weekend.
:)
Cyber Bullies
aka

Nerds who get their asses kicked in real life.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\

lol. Yeah. It takes tons of effort to install a script, huh.

Anyway. Really nice screenshots. I shall download and play this weekend.
:)

You obviously don't know what I was referring to. So you can quit coming back to this website now.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Current Project: RoSL
Played through the demo yesterday and I have to say I enjoyed it.

I especially liked the way you did the maps; none of them larger than the screen (causing scrolling) and how the interiors really felt like the inside of said building. Job well done.

Few bumps as far as text goes, but you did say your native language is not English so still a good job there. One minor thing I did notice was during battles when you are at the Attack, Auto, Party, Escape menu.. you can barely see a portion of your cursor on the far right of the screen. The main issue was with your Bestiary script. If you selected a monster to view, and then pressed the key corresponding to L or R, it would cycle through enemies that hadn't been revealed/encountered yet.. and showed all their information. Little bit of a bug there.

Overall, I'd give what was given to play through a 4.5/5; looking forward to more!

-Heart of Shadow-

"How can I be expected to save the world, when I can't even save myself?" --Sysolos(Return of a Shadow Lord)

Rep:
Level 83
Played through the demo yesterday and I have to say I enjoyed it.

I especially liked the way you did the maps; none of them larger than the screen (causing scrolling) and how the interiors really felt like the inside of said building. Job well done.

Few bumps as far as text goes, but you did say your native language is not English so still a good job there. One minor thing I did notice was during battles when you are at the Attack, Auto, Party, Escape menu.. you can barely see a portion of your cursor on the far right of the screen. The main issue was with your Bestiary script. If you selected a monster to view, and then pressed the key corresponding to L or R, it would cycle through enemies that hadn't been revealed/encountered yet.. and showed all their information. Little bit of a bug there.

Overall, I'd give what was given to play through a 4.5/5; looking forward to more!

-Heart of Shadow-

Thank you very much for playing and leaving a comment!
I am aware of both bugs. The one in the “Bestiary” is actually pretty easy to correct. I’ve removed the options to use “L” and “R”, it should be OK now. The problem with the cursor could depend from the size of it or from its position, but I’ve tried changing that a bit in the past, and it hasn’t changed much, so I pretty much gave that up for now...

It would be too much to ask my English testers to tell me which mistakes I’ve made, so I won’t. Perhaps I might specifically ask someone when the game’s complete. Again, thank you!
Current Project:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, I haven't gotten very far in the demo yet, but I really like what I see so far. Really, I am quite impressed. I will be watching this game. One question - did I miss the part where you name your character, going around as ..... is kind of weird :P

Rep:
Level 83
I was looking forward to reading your comment, Modern! Thank you!
Now, about the dots... I was told that before: the player is asked to choose a name only after a while. I do understand that reading “• • • • •’s party was victorious” and so on is dreadful, and I’m thinking of changing it into something readable at least.

The reason is I didn’t want the player to randomly choose a name before knowing anything about the hero. The second reason is I hate it when you’re asked to choose a name for your main character without any “occasion”. I like it more the “Final Fantasy” way, when there’s someone that asks you, or an autograph to sign, a letter etc. (Maybe I will change it into “Boy”).

Spoiler for:
When you come back to Nossa from the cave with Eilnys, Panril asks: «who is it?» at the door.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 08:39:35 AM by derkunstler »
Current Project:

Rep:
Level 83
New version of the Demo: fix list included in the first post. Screenshots updated.
I’m sorry it took me a little longer than I imagined.
Current Project:

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Current Project: RoSL
New version of the Demo: fix list included in the first post. Screenshots updated.
I’m sorry it took me a little longer than I imagined.

Cool. I've downloaded the new demo and will play through it over the next few days. I like the new title, by the way.

Keep up the nice work!

-Heart of Shadow-

"How can I be expected to save the world, when I can't even save myself?" --Sysolos(Return of a Shadow Lord)

Rep:
Level 83

Alright, I’ve actually changed the “tiles” again, but I sweared this would be the last time... Here’s a few screenshots of what the game now looks like. I guess you will get to see this at the next release. The materials were taken from “Coming-Of-Age Day” game, so they are in fact by Enterbrain itself. Thank you!

Spoiler for:

Current Project:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Wow, I really love those doors

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Congratulations! Leomorn Sword has won Project of the Month for March. This means it will be stickied for the month and you can use the attached badge if you want. Congrats again - I really liked the first demo and I am sure it has only gotten better since then! I also think the new doors are sweet, as well as the cliff tiles.

Rep:
Level 82
Very nice.

By the way this game has copyright materials inside of it. There for the demo project should be released. I'm sure Nintendo would be happy to hear how their Legend of Zelda sound effects are being used in someone elses personal project. I'd be careful.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Very nice.

By the way this game has copyright materials inside of it. There for the demo project should be released. I'm sure Nintendo would be happy to hear how their Legend of Zelda sound effects are being used in someone elses personal project. I'd be careful.

Don't be retarded.

Rep:
Level 82
Very nice.

Don't be retarded.

Think before you speak, anything copy-written cannot be used for personal gain.
It is protected by the ESA. Let's just say don't try and sell this game off because you'll be talking to a lawyer

bullshit. If nintendo charges, or in anyway does anything about his use of the sound effects then I'll change my signature to a picture of the jonas brothers.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
It is protected by the ESA. Let's just say don't try and sell this game off because you'll be talking to a lawyer

If you're making a game in RM with the plans to sell it, you should probably come back to reality. Second, don't be retarded.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Very nice.

Don't be retarded.

I'm pretty sure Holk said it. Obviously he's not selling it. He's using a shit ton of material he didn't create 100% himself otherwise he'd need a fuck-ton of permissions from everybody. There's no personal gain from creating a free RPGMaker game. All he has to do is write in a small credit screen at the end of the game crediting the people where he got his resources from if they require credits. If you didn't know that, you obviously don't know anything making games with an RM. Don't be retarded.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant

oh, and nice project. looks great.

Rep:
Level 97
I don't think it's that retarded to warn someone about copyright infringement, and there is a difference between using resources that were distributed for use with RPG Maker and commercial resources. That said, there's very little chance a company would sue a person for a game made with RM, but I think the response here was a little uncalled for.

Rep:
Level 83

I wish to say: thanks for warning me, but I’m pretty much aware of copyright infringement myself. I do know there is a difference between using resources that came with RPG Maker VX itself and “commercial resources”. I don’t think it’s “retarded” in any way to tell me to be careful, I just wish the discussion could now focus again on the project “per se”, rather than its copyright issues, which are right now less relevant and hypothetical from my point of view. Besides, the sounds from “Zelda” were taken from this site: since it reads that “all the memorable swords, shouts, and tunes (...) are available here for free, for any purpose you’d like”, I just assumed they could definitely be used for a free game. But then again I’m not really an expert, so correct me if I’m wrong. You might as well report that website, by the way, as it provides those materials illegally. I’d be amazed if a company as huge as the Nintendo sued someone for using resources that are freely downloadable from a website and used in a free project of a free game.

I’m going to say this once more to emphasize it properly: there is no way the game will be sold, so there will be no gain at all in any way. To dispel all doubts about the source of my materials, so that no one might think I recorded the voices myself, I will credit them all at the end of the game.

I’ve opened this topic mostly to know what people think of this project I’m working on. I’m sure there’s a more suitable place to discuss about infringement of copyright, rather than this. That said, if it was meant to be a warning, and it did sound like one, again, thank you.
Current Project:

Rep:
Level 81
?????????????
This game is cool!! Very, very cool...  :blizj: :blizj: :blizj:
遠い銀河からのスーパー戦士。
本は、セバスチャンです。
これは強力で、手に負えない。
彼の物理レベルのスキルは驚嘆です。[/b]

Rep:
Level 81
?????????????
ONE ERROR IN THIS GAME...  ???
WHEN I'M IN THE MEUSA SOUTH I GO TO "PARTY" AND IN MY PARTY IS EILNYS. (I'M BAD IN ENGLISH)
http://img22.imageshack.us/i/zepsucie.png/

:) IT'S VERY, VERY LITTLE ERROR :)

遠い銀河からのスーパー戦士。
本は、セバスチャンです。
これは強力で、手に負えない。
彼の物理レベルのスキルは驚嘆です。[/b]