RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] The Book of Thoth :: The Brute Squad

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

~Image Heavy~

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature spaceSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
We did story in December. Let's see some action. B|

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Most Unsung Member
All I saw from you was a couple flat maps panned out and some scrolling text..oh..and a line drawing.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
You can certainly tell Joy is working on this project.

for those who either can't read the text, or don't have the dedication to read the whole thing:

Spoiler for tl;dr:
Here in Egypt there be a dark Secret.
Salid is obsessed with magic and is friends with Duncan and doesn't interact much with his father.
Duncan is a hotheaded impulsive English bloke who likes wine and wants to cure a disease that killed his father and made him move. ( "Now, if only Salid could get Duncan away from the wine long enough...")
Aidan is an Irish girl that was captured and had her family killed and was going to be a sex object before she escaped the English lord with a piece of jewelry that isn't just a normal piece of jewelry.

I'm not sure how it all comes together but it seems rather traditional if you ask me.  I'm going to await more information before forming some sort of opinion on the game.

All I saw from you was a couple flat maps panned out and some scrolling text..oh..and a line drawing.

OH GOD ALL YOU HAVE IS MAPS AND CHARACTER PICTURES AND A CUSTOM SPRITE AND A CUSTOM SONG AND AN INTERACTIVE STORY TEASER AND HAVE HINTED THAT YOU HAVE ACTUALLY APPLIED OTHER WORK TO REALLY MAKING THE GAME RATHER THAN JUST TALKING ABOUT THE STORYLINE FOR 3 WEEKS, WELL WE GAVE YOU OUR STORY TAKE THAT WE'VE DONE MORE THAN YOU!!!

Joy, protip: read into what we put in our press release, we revealed more information than you can see at surface level.  In fact, make a record of what is there, I'm sure it'll all come together by the end for you.  I mean, unless you want to continue with the baseless trash talk about how you have so much more content in your press release than we do :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 05:46:32 AM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Most Unsung Member
You chose to withhold story, we chose to withhold graphics. All will be revealed in due time.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
You chose to withhold story, we chose to withhold graphics. All will be revealed in due time.

Fair enough, though I still call your dismissal of our actual applicable work to be totally baseless.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature spaceSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Did you choose to withhold your sexy maps and music that you totally don't have too? >:]

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Given any more sarcastic remarks about anyone's topic will be deleted as soon as I see them. Trash talking our game or us trash talking your game, I think, is acceptable and probably necessary for a competition but I won't have any of it inside of either guild's main topic for their project. I don't particularly care how much work HA has or hasn't done and likewise it shouldn't matter how much we have or haven't done for HA. We're able to release as much or as little of an aspect of our projects as we want considering that it's enough for a release. If you need to be sarcastic and deem it necessary to bash or call out other projects, then make a new topic for it and gtfo of here.

And in all fairness - that trailer really was just some panned mapping examples and a line drawing. I do like the quick little flash episode. Interesting approach to story telling instead of a body of text.

Rep:
Level 102
Given any more sarcastic remarks about anyone's topic will be deleted as soon as I see them. Trash talking our game or us trash talking your game, I think, is acceptable and probably necessary for a competition but I won't have any of it inside of either guild's main topic for their project.
It's all fun and fair. I'm surprised you're actually taking offense to any of this (well, maybe I'm not surprised YOU are)

There's no reason why it shouldn't take place here, and it's not your call to forbid it.

Besides, nobody's being sarcastic or bashing anything. It's all criticism, but we're doing it in a way that makes it fun/builds up tension.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Most Mature Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Sounds mad interesting.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
There were some dumb sarcastic comments. Make a different topic for it - all I'm saying. Criticism is fine and I welcome it whether it's a rough crit or not, but comments about an implied lack of work or otherwise is stupid and unnecessary. Post about it in that topic you have about how you're better than us or something. idc. I don't plan to talk about this any more. This is reserved for our game's information, not arguing about the little things. Thank you.

Sounds mad interesting.
Thanks Anski :)

p.s. Namckor, I edited the tl;dr thingy in your post - just small things. I just wanted to make sure that since there is a tl;dr version, that at least it was correct. Nothing else :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 05:40:39 AM by grafikal »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
graf, honestly, I think you'd know me better than that.
if I really disliked a game I wouldn't dick around and trash talk about it, I'd give actual criticism.

Trash talk is like half the fun of the guilds, but I see your point and will refrain from it inside project threads.

My stance is that I feel the story is somewhat dry (lol desert joke) but there's too little to judge right now so I'm not going to decide my opinion just yet.

Edit: also graf you shouldn't touch my posts.  the tl;dr was meant to be what -I- saw in the thread. It is -my- post, of -me- explaining what -I- saw in your post.  Are you seeing the problem here?  It's not -your post-, it's -mine-, it should have -my- content, not yours.  I don't edit your posts, you shouldn't touch mine.

Rep:
Level 102
There were some dumb sarcastic comments. Make a different topic for it - all I'm saying. Criticism is fine and I welcome it whether it's a rough crit or not, but comments about an implied lack of work or otherwise is stupid and unnecessary. Post about it in that topic you have about how you're better than us or something. idc. I don't plan to talk about this any more. This is reserved for our game's information, not arguing about the little things. Thank you.
Having an opinion on the situation is fine, but you aren't to moderate the guild forums by your own rules. You don't make the guild rules -- everyone as a whole and Halo do. Stop trying to throw your newly found moderator position around.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Edit: also graf you shouldn't touch my posts.  the tl;dr was meant to be what -I- saw in the thread. It is -my- post, of -me- explaining what -I- saw in your post.  Are you seeing the problem here?  It's not -your post-, it's -mine-, it should have -my- content, not yours.  I don't edit your posts, you shouldn't touch mine.

No harm was meant. You wrote:
for those who either can't read the text, or don't have the dedication to read the whole thing:
I'm sorry if I incorrectly assumed that you were trying to share a tl;dr with the community rather than sharing your personalized opinion. :(

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
all I did was sum up exactly what I saw that you wrote.  I notice you remove the part where I said "who likes wine" even though in your story information it says something to the effect of Salid dragging Duncan away from the wine long enough to get something done.

all I did was write down what I saw in shorter form, if something I said was misrepresented it's either because it was unclear or because given the information that's the conclusion I came to.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I don't remember removing anything about wine. I just changed Duncan from an Irishman to and Englishman and removed the part where he was made to move because of the disease. The disease part wasn't actually explained so I guess it was a decent assumption. Sorry though.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 06:29:15 AM by grafikal »

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Trash talk is acceptable and encouraged - within reason, of course; it helps to motivate. :)

Anyway this is interesting and hope to see this finished. I don't have much to say since I was pretty much in your chat when you guys discussed most of this story lol
:tinysmile:

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I'm looking forward to this game. Good work, guys.

Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Wow, this is shitloads better than the homo's game. I look forward to this. :3

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I'm sure if Irock would use the decorum Namckor did, his comments would recieve a much warmer reception.

I would love to tell the general public about all the exciting work we in BS have done, but I can't. I will say that my (biased) opinion is that both guilds have a great starting point.

:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
OH GOD ALL YOU HAVE IS MAPS AND CHARACTER PICTURES AND A CUSTOM SPRITE AND A CUSTOM SONG AND AN INTERACTIVE STORY TEASER AND HAVE HINTED THAT YOU HAVE ACTUALLY APPLIED OTHER WORK TO REALLY MAKING THE GAME RATHER THAN JUST TALKING ABOUT THE STORYLINE FOR 3 WEEKS, WELL WE GAVE YOU OUR STORY TAKE THAT WE'VE DONE MORE THAN YOU!!!

lol, i'd rather prefer a simple storyline than a 20 seconds gameplay thing.And nothing about what your story is on about.People who see our post will know what we doing, and what about that project...I saw a 20 secs gameplay, well, i enjoyed the mapping, but...No point about it since you have only 10 seconds to see.(That can give the game design image, ok), but our next release won't be about story anymore...Since you got the idea.Next release will be some good chapter that will make you inside the story on the playing context.Let's see if we can get what that story is on about in the next release, because there are many points that i rlly can't understand.

And yeh, we show you story, you shown graph.Next release you'll see what we've been doing on spriting, and game features.
You guys had your start, we had ours.Let's see who ends with the best final.

(It's kinda shit arguing about the first release since it is a minimal release of of the game, only to make people on what both projects are up to).

Ofc there would be this clan fight, that makes this competition way "hot".lol

Well, gl both, and Go Brute Squad ;)
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week: