RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Bank system with labels and interest

Rep:
Level 83
I have recently edited the system and added interest. Everything that is underlined is what was added.Here is a bank system that has labels and interest. The reason for the labels is so you don't have to keep talking to the banker if you want to do multiple things. Like check your balance before you make a withdraw or make a deposit and then check your balance.

Ok what you are going to need is four control variables. They should look like this.
Spoiler for:
The first four are the only ones you will need. Pay no attention to the others. Two more variables have been added for the interest. They are nuber 10 and 11.

Ok now after that. You will need to make two common events. One for deposits and one for withdraws. The deposit one should look like this. One line has been added and is circled in black.
Spoiler for:

The withdraw one should look like this.
Spoiler for:

Another common event has been added for the interest and it should look like this.
Spoiler for:
Going by this picture your interest would go up about every 3 minutes. You can change either the wait time or the conditional branch. The easiest way to figure out the time you want is every 20 frames is equal to 1 second. Also dividing by 7 will give you about 14% interest. If you like a diferent amount just change the divided by number. 11 = about 9% and 14 = about 7%

After all that is done, you can make the banker event. It should look like this.
Spoiler for:
Make sure that gold in inventory=gold and deposit amount and withdraw amount both = 0.
Also at the bottom were it says Label:exit bank put some kind of text in after that that says something like thank you come again or whatever. Well thats it hope this helps someone out.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 06:02:51 PM by wizard576 »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Labels are always helpful. I think everyone should always use labels. lol

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
I made a Tut for a Bank a while ago, it used Labels. Mine really went into alot of stuff. But I'm going to redo the Tut soon and repost it. But the point I was going to make is that you could actually do everything in one Common Event. I myself did things a bit differently. I made a bank teller. This was for the player to make an account and also get a Banking Card. I then made an ATM event one that I could Copy and Paste it any where. Also, I ran into this problem when I frist wrote my Tut, there is no need for a Bank if the player can have just about unlimted Gold (the limit is actually 9999999). But that was my second point. But it would be nice to have some reason to use a Bank. The way your Bank is set up (mine as well) you could use the Bank to store other things other than Gold. You would have to add somethings (Text, Variables, etc). I also wrote a Gold Limit Tutorial (to limit your Gold using an Event. Mainly it was to cut the Gold limit for the player down to what ever I wanted. If i ever wanted to higher the limit I could any time. Say the player gets a bigger wallet? It's based off of Zelda), but because I'm rewritting my Bank Tutorial, I'm just going to included it. Other than that it's a wonderful use of everything you used. It works well and is very striped down. Good job Wizard576. My hat is tiped to you. *tips hat* 
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
To repost something, you have to have had at first posted it at least once. You never posted a Tut here.

Rep:
Level 83
Thanks for the feedback kidfox70 I took what you had to say to heart
But it would be nice to have some reason to use a Bank.
and worked on it for a while. Now there is an interest system added.  :)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
That's a really odd way to make an interest system and isn't customizable after the game begins, but at least it works lol

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
I'm glad I could lend some foresight. Intrest is a good idea. I had that in mine as well. But I reworked it and it will be in the rewritten Tutorial. I hope to see more stuff from you Wizard576.
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?