RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Deity Lockpicking System [Oblivion]

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Lockpick System
Version: 1.0
Author: Deity
Date: January 8, 2010

Description

This script simulates a lockpicking system similar to that in Oblivion which allows you to set certain chests to only open once successfully picking the lock. Essentially, the system requires the player to successfully push all of the "sticks" into the up position - a failure results in a destroyed lockpick. Once all sticks are up, self-switch A of the particular event is turned on and you can put in the success results      

Features

• A fun little minigame that puts some challenge into the task of opening chests or doors
  • Can customize which pictures to use for the background, foreground, lockpick, and sticks
  • Very easy to set up through a comment in plain English
  • Turns on self-switch A automatically upon success

Screenshots

Instructions

See the header of the script in the demo for instructions and better yet, examples!

Script

See the demo - it is attached at the bottom of the post. It is better to look at the demo so you can see how it works.

Credit

• Deity

Support

Please post in this topic if you encounter any problems and I will either try to fix it or pass it on to the author.

Demo

See attached

Translator's Notes

I have received Deity's permission to translate this script and post it here. I thought it was a neat idea and figured the English language community should get a glimpse of it. Aside from a few minor edits, I have had nothing to do with writing this script. All credit belongs to Deity.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 09:49:38 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 82
Dreamers often lie.
Definitely have to give this a shot  :D

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
WHOA BADASS - telling guild (/^o^)/

Rep:
Level 82
aka DigiDeity
Hi @ all
Maybe I don't understand the replys well but Thanks!
I hope the idiomatic expressions you use here are good comments. :D

Greets
Deity
Greetings
DigiDeity

├Work┤
├Contact┤

Rep:
Level 82
Eternally bloody...
looks good, but I got a quick question: what happens if the lock is destroyed and how do you go about destroying a lock?

I will use it a lot, I've always been looking for something like this (ever since I played Splinter Cell that is; which is long ago :P)

Rep:
Level 82
aka DigiDeity
Hi,
if on lockpick is destoryed then the item vanished of the inventory of the party. In the settings you can choose if the lockpick should be broken or not.
The lockpick breaks every time you're not hit the buttom at the right time.

Greets
Deity
Greetings
DigiDeity

├Work┤
├Contact┤

Rep:
Level 82
Eternally bloody...
thx, it looks really good xD

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
Wow looks great! Thx!

Rep:
Level 83
I scripted the Fall out 3 one i was gonna post soon to any one that is intersted in it, also nice work deity :)
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
RMRK Junior
Hey, I was using the script in my game and whenever I go and try to pick a lock the lockpick won't show. I'm not sure what the problem is can you help?

~Zetara~
“He who does not punish evil commands it to be done.”

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
This is awesome, i dub thee Gray fox, you get the cowl and everything

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
¸.•*¨*•??¸¸.•*¨*•??¸
WOO! I love Oblivion. Will give it a try! Thanks!!!!

Rep:
Level 73
VIII or DIE!
Nice 1 man this is awsome :)
The only limit is your imagination.

My artwork:
http://jameswhite89.deviantart.com/

My Music:
http://uk.myspace.com/jamescoversall

Rep: +0/-0Level 55
RMRK Junior
I apologize if i'm posting after one year, but i read to post here for any problem..well, i downloaded the demo, and then i modified a bit of things like graphics and a pair of instructions in the script, but when i put it in my project nothing happens. I turned on the switch and added at least one lockpick, but when i click on the chest it gives me reward without playing the minigame. The parts that i changed, they were only for matching images.

(I am sorry for any possible grammar error, i'm italian)  :'(