RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Preview of my first minkoff battle styled character

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
So yes, as the title implies, this is my first character. First thing i've made ever, actually. lol
Just posting a preview of it, in hopes of getting some feedback or something to make it better.
And yes, i know that only one line of poses are done. Well, even that is still only SORTA done  :P
So yeah, don't hold back, i can take critizism and such   ;D

Oh, also, i found this template on google, and if the owner of it wants credit for me using it, just let me know, ill be sure to do that for ya  :)

EDIT: After posting, i realized that the pants we're really, well.. bad. I'm reworking them now.

EDIT(again): You may all think im a loser for this, but i've pretty much abandoned this project till i've gained more experience. First time making a sprite of any kind, i've gotten in too deep lol I'm gonna try to make some icons or something first, then eventually continue this project once im ready. But, it does look alot better than the example above, i must add. :P
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 03:22:19 AM by 21stbreakdown »
Boredom entertains me.

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
The hair is kinda strange, butthe battle char set is well made. You should finish it.
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Looks like you caught that the pants look weird. I didn't even know he was wearing pants separately from his whole outfit. Everything is just the same damn color - you need a lot of shading and better contrast between objects. Also, as a tip - don't copy/paste the hair from one sprite to the next, change it a little bit each time to give it movement.

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
if this is your first try its ok,

a few friendly tips though

1) Hair do not repeat the samething or as grafik said copy/paste em. try to give it more movement, moving a few pixels will not hurt trust me, try to give it more darklines not only in the outerlining but inside as well so you could give it a good shape

2)If your gonna go with details with the Shirt give it more darker shade and if possible try to focus on where you light is. Kinda like the one, when you shade your sword, that way it wont look pillow shaded.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Sweet, thanks for the help you guys, i'll make sure to keep your helpful tips in mind as I continue on it :)

EDIT: I doubt anyone is curious as to the production of it, but I'm getting there.. don't have much time for it these days, but i'm well.. getting there. lol

The updated version, that is going to be set aside for some time.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 03:24:19 AM by 21stbreakdown »
Boredom entertains me.