RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Bank/Loan System

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Note: This is my first event system in RMRK, just in case you wanted to know. Thanks to Grafikal for pointing out my mistakes.

WHAT? ANOTHER BANK SYSTEM?
I know that there are a lot of bank systems out there and some of them are pretty good, but I couldn't find one that fitted my designs so I decided why not make my own one? In the end it turned out to be pretty hard to make and there's also a script involved if you want to make the system more flashy. Anyway, it consists of two events and one common event, and is pretty much plug and play. If you don't plan on using the script in there then you need to delete the part that says Script: $game_system.no_dl to make it work. *Edit* THERE IS AN ADDON SCRIPT TO THIS EVENT SYSTEM. It's in the script database and is called Bank/Loan Script. Feel free to edit it.

Instrcutions: You can change the modules in the script if you want. Same with the text. Variables 3 - 13 are used. Descriptions here:
                    3 - Deposit holder
                    4 - Gold holder
                    5 - Withdraw holder
                    6 - Loan Holder
                    7 - Timer Holder
                    8 - Another Deposit holder
                    9 - Another Withdraw holder
    *UPDATE* 10 - Intrest Rate Timer
                   11 - Intrest Rate Holder
                   12 - Intrest Rate + Loan
                   13 - Unpaid Loan Timer

Switch #1 & 2 are also used, and so is Self Switch A. You can change those if you want (and probably should). Variable 7 (the time holder) is set to 10000, so if you want more or less seconds before the loan shark comes than set it up or down.

Features: Easy to change
              Deposit/Withdrawal with number input
              A Loan system (with consequences and timing)
              A Dark Loans card (only if you have the script)
              *UPDATE* A randomized intrest rate system.

*UPDATE* Description: Since I posted this post I've being reviewing my post and thought to myself, I should probably write a better description of the features. So anyway, here they are.

Bank System: Your average bank system with number input Depositing and withdrawing. This uses the variables 3,4,5,8 and 9.

Loan System: A system to loan cash, for those needy times. Consequences if not paid back in time (10000 seconds by default), include your items getting stolen and your gold and account balance becoming zero. Also, you will not be able to make any transactions at the bank for 20000 seconds by default. You can only repay your loans at the bank.

Dark Loans Card: A basic card that tells you when you have to when you have to repay your loan, and at what price you need to repay it. This can be seen from the menu.

Intrest rates: Like normal intrest rates, the intrest fluctuates over time. However, due to complications that may arise, until your next loan there is a set intrest rate. The intrest rate is randomized at default between 10-50%. Hope this clears up any mis-conceptions.

Compatability: The script doesn't work with other event systems and custom menu systems. If there's any other problems just post them and I'll try to fix them. (I'm new to this).

Coming soon: An Intrest rate system(maybe)
                     Nothing planned as of yet.

Demo - See attached.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:04:40 PM by modern algebra »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I already made this >_>

With all the features and an interest system.

here: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,31324.0.html

Rep:
Level 84
Yeah, it's kinda the same except for the loans card script. I was originally just going to post the script, but as it relies too much on events as well I decided to post it here along with my event system. I dunno if the script should go in the script section so redirect if this is in the wrong place. As always, thanks.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
If you used scripts, make sure that you mention it loudly in your first post here. That way people know to look at the script database when they look at your demo if needed. I'm not sure what you used for scripting in the script database, all you really need is several script commands from the 3rd page of the event commands to fix up a nice interest system.

Rep:
Level 84
Thanks for the tips, grafikal. This is my first event system so i wasn't quite sure what to do. I'll be sure to change it, and make sure my future posts follow those guidelines.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
That's no problem. You can take a look at my event system for this in the link I posted above to see what scripting I used in the events. Redyugi helped out with the scripting bits.

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
Also as a side note...cause...yeah...I made one too along time ago...there is no need for a bank. Ever...

That's why you need to make it somethign the player needs. You need to limt the Gold or somethign to that affect. I mean, you don't have to, but seriously, why go to the bank if you can keep your gold with you...

I wrote a tutioral on this, but never posted it on this site. I guess I will, You can have alot of reasons to have a Bank, but you have to put them in there other wise a bank is useless... Just some thoughts. Congrats on your fist event system man!
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Obviously you don't use this by itself. That's kind of moronic to say. Also, who actually cares.