RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] "Echos of the Wind" and a request

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
"Echos of the Wind" is a piece of piano music that I've written this last week. It will download as a .zip folder and the audio file can be found within.

The piece reflects the fickle and differing natures of wind. It also reflects the several feelings that were going through my heart as I wrote it.

As for the request, I want to be able to put this on FB, but FB doesn't have an audio upload feature -_- . I would convert the file to mp3 myself and put it into a movie file so I can upload it, but Microsoft didn't include Audacity OR Windows Movie Maker with Windows 7... which is retarded. That wouldn't be much of an issue, but this is my grandparent's new computer (currently the only one I have access to) and I've promised not to download any programs. Considering I've already added Finale... I'm pretty sure I've pushed the issue as far as it can go lol.

I was hoping someone could convert this to mp3 (for size constraints) and make a movie file. As for images, I'm perfectly fine with having none, but if you do add something, please keep it rated-G lol.

Anyway, here's the audio -
http://www.mediafire.com/?wy0hzuhi3zj
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:01:47 AM by irock »
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Why did you use those effects when recording it? It sounds like the microphone is in a different room, down a hallway.

Download http://rmrk.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=36621.0;attach=18772
Download http://rmrk.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=36621.0;attach=18772.mp3
Attached mp3.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 07:57:56 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Thanks. That's just how the piano from GPO sounds lol. Like in a hall... only issue is that every now and then the sounds aren't as clear.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Why did you use those effects when recording it? It sounds like the microphone is in a different room, down a hallway.
Ahaha that sounds exactly like how the piano sounds.

As for the music itself, <3

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
You used Finale, didn't you? Finale with GPO? And somehow recorded directly from Finale? Well, depending on what version you use, there's a place where you can turn off that horrible sewer reverb that's apparently being used in your mp3 file. In 2010, it's in the window where you choose which isntrument bank/set to use. You know, where you choose general midi, or you choose Garritan Personal Orchestra. At the bottom of that window, there should be an option for "ambience," and by default Garritan's sewer reverb is turned on.

If you turn it off, everything will sound 100% better.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, I can get you some screenshots in a few hours when I'm back on my Mac.

P.S. Sorry it took me so long to get around to this. I totally saw this thread earlier, but for whatever reason I didn't process the issue with the reverb until I randomly came back to this thread just now...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 06:34:41 PM by arlen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
OMG. Thank you. ;_;   I always thought I had to just live with it. It was in the VST Intruments list thing. Thank you! lol.

Now to make a new audio file...

EDIT : Exported wrong file -_- ugh. Lemme try again.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 10:26:58 PM by Tsunokiette »

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 96
Oh, dude.

I was gonna mp3 this for you, but I thought I should warn you first. There's a nasty pop at around the *THREE* minute mark. I'll try to take it out, but I'm don't have ProTools on my system. Maybe Logic can still do it, but I dunno, give me a second...

I'm also messing with the dynamics a bit, because it's a very quiet recording and I wanna see if I can bring it up to normal levels.

Give me a minute.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 12:01:01 AM by arlen »

Rep:
Level 96
Disregard my deleted post.

Alright, here it is. I brought up the volume and fixed the pop as best I could. It's still kind of noticable, if you're really trying to find it, but that's the best I can do with Logic. If I had ProTools on my system, then yeah, I could edit the waveform, but I don't.

Anyway...

Download http://ryanleber.com/temp/Echos_of_the_Wind.mp3
http://ryanleber.com/temp/Echos_of_the_Wind.mp3

Hope that's good enough for you.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Thanks, that sounds great. :)

I don't know why, but for some reason Finale always exports at low decibel levels lol.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 96
Try bringing up the mixer, for some reason the default overall level is usually set to 64 (50%).
The second thing I always do when I use finale is open the mixer (Apple+Alt+M) and put the stereo out up to about 90%.

Though I think this may have been fixed in 2010... because I just checked it and it was up to a normal level. I dunno...

(The first thing I do is get rid of that damn sewer reverb, lol)