RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Avoid Gaurds Event System

Rep:
Level 83
Avoid Gaurds
By: Mr_Wiggles

Auther Note: This was made for one of my old games that never realy worked so i figured let some other people use it insted!

This event system alows you to set up a series of gaurds with flash lights patroling the night.
You can sneak past them and get to your goal by staying out of ther lights.

NOTE: This is not for Beginers, this is sorta advanced and can get kinda confusing at times a lil experance in eventing is recamended not required... ;D

This only uses 3 switches but uses a BUNCH of events that are on the map
- Most are just copies -

Instructions are in the Events.

SCREEN SHOT

« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:12:15 PM by modern algebra »
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Nice. Can you make complex guard routes with this? Mine always have to be simplistic otherwise the sight events get unorganized.

Rep:
Level 83
Complex in what way?

like move routs that take the guards in L shapes and squares?

well, i know that i made this a while back but in the demo you can see that the guard that is moving back and forth, he runs foreword for one tile, to catch up to his light. lol

if that's the sorta problem you are having, try controlling the movement of the guard with the event that controls the guards sight.

if that doesn't work, I'll throw a quick event system together and try to see what i can do.
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
Wiggles, that's a lot of events in the map...You could do that System with like 3 events, and way easier to use, and lots of other routes that are'nt front and back...Without filling the map with events...Anyway, that's a nice system to use, but lot's of work to make it.
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 83
Yea, and when ever i can think of another way of doing this believe me i will up date this with a much easier and faster set up, but like i said i made this a while back and uploaded it because there are not a lot of tutorials that show how to make this type of system.

That and i think some where i saw another type of event system like this and it took even more events.

idk, i was thinking of looking at a way that would use the character graphic of the light and then use the size and some scripts or something to work on a better way if that is even possible.  
Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors