RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Collaboration. . . .please?

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
lets cut to the chase. . .
im a noob, a south african noob if that makes any differance, the idea still stays, im kak.
every time i try to continue developing and creating my masterpiece, i sigh hopelessly and go away from the pc to ponder some more.
so obviously i need a little nudge here and there now and then.
i pay scrutinising attention to detail, some examples however basic are 1) closets that change the heros appearance in conjunction with the armour he owns in his inventory. thats the only unique thing i can point out. then i might name some fine pointers.

1.) the story is based on a fanfiction im writing which means most of the characters arent original, but the story is. and it contains self inserts. the story is on www.fanfiction.net and ill put the URL in later.

and yeah, thats about it. if youre willing to help or know of someone who would, please let me know. ill also probably span in some of my computer geek friends in as well. thanks

Rep:
Level 83
Ok, so you requesting help in your game makeing?
are you useing XP?
and no one is racist here that i know off....
"but im still quite new and ive been surprised before"

and it would be intresting if i could see the story as well, and what is this game eve about, quest, shooter?
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Racist? dude im white! haha the URL, www.fanfiction.net/s/4573209/ :P

And no, im using 2k

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 83
DUDE i love spyro games, they got kinda lam after the 3rd one tho
i would help but i my self are bussy with "games" as well
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

In reply to your idea about the closet and the different armor styles; It's pretty easy to do, but may be tedious depending of how many different armor styles / heroes you have...

For you armor, I'd plan out ahead what kinds you'll be needing for each charater

Example

0001: Cloth Armor
0002: Leather Armor
0003: Chain Armor
...etc etc

Then you could create a Common Event (Parallel Process) and run a script like this:

Example (I recall you saying you used RM2K; I'll try to use 2K's verbage)

<>Variable Oper: [0001: Hero 1 Armor] Set, Hero 1 Armor No.
<>Fork Condition if Var [0001: Hero 1 Armor] is 1
  <>Change Sprite: Hero 1 clotharmor
  <>
: End
<>Fork Condition if Var [0001: Hero 1 Armor] is 2
  <>Change Sprite: Hero 1 leatherarmor
  <>
<>Fork Condition if Var [0001: Hero 1 Armor] is 3
  <>Change Sprite: Hero 1 chainarmor
  <>
<>

------------------------------

The line (( <>Variable Oper: [0001: Hero 1 Armor] Set, Hero 1 Armor No. )) is used to read what kind of armor your hero has. Now this example assumes you have your first 3 item slots as armor.
((
<>Fork Condition if Var [0001: Hero 1 Armor] is 1
  <>Change Sprite: Hero 1 clotharmor
  <>
)) The fork condition basically takes the information from the variable and applies the proper sprite set (Charset) depending on what armor you're using... In simple terms... if hero is wearing leather armor (item 2 in your item list) then the script will set your heros charset to the leather armor charset

Hope this helps a little