RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] "Simple" Lighting System

Rep:
Level 83
OK, i see that a lot of people are asking about this on nearly every form alive.
I even wanted to learn how to do Light effects for a Characters Flash light or a lantern.
So i decided to try it out and make an event system that does such a thing.
Every thing that is needed to do such a task is enclosed in the demo, along with a few exsamples on how to use the flash light:

use by an item
use by a button
use by a switch

There are also detailed comments on why i did this or that to help explain what i was thinking.

Whats being used: "These can be changed to what ever you want them to be"

- Switches -
1 = Flash light                   - for use with button togle and Item
2 = Flash light button on     - for Button comon event to be Parallel

- Variables -
1 = Screen X - for X placement of Light Picture
2 = Screen Y - for Y placement of Light Picture

- Commons -
1 = Flash Light
2 = Toggle on and off
3 = Button Pressing

NOTE: This is realy basic, it works yes but its not like true light... it will pass through walls and objects, and does not cast any shadows.

Post your questions/ comments bellow.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:12:26 PM by modern algebra »
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
This was really good. I'm going to use this in my game.

Rep:
Level 83
@stripe103 -
Glad you like it, im useing it as well for my zombie game, im hopeing to have a demo soon....
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

Rep:
Level 83
X-PLAT!
@mr_wiggles - simple and helpful = good job

can't wait to see this zombie shooter in action ^,^

~=[G@/\/\eF@Ce101]=~

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Well, now all that remains is to make this something that runs out after a certain amount of time (which, I assume would be very easy) and then we have a special item that you need to stock up on to use (like batteries, or latern oil or somthing) that you use to make it keep on working!

EDITed in response to below post: Well, I would have figured it out eventually...

-_-

I feel stupid.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 05:08:48 AM by Sashikinaroji »
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 83
that wound be that hard make a common event that checks for "batteries" and then make a "wait" for so long then remove one batteries and then when no more batteries then the light gets turned off by the switch its turned on by...

i hope that wasn't too much to be explained.... ;)
Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
You can do it!

Rep:
Level 83
@ Sashikinaroji - your not stupid... and if you have any more questions feel free to ask them... :)
Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors