RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is "Wrong"

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I brought up the topic of gay marriage in my law class to better understand the political argument behind it for another class, and this is something we all laughed about during the class. Thought it was amusing enough to pass on.

Quote from: 10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is "Wrong".

1. Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4. Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn’t changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can’t marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears’ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6. Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn’t be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren’t full yet, and the world needs more children.

7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That’s why we have only one religion in America.

9. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That’s why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven’t adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I do agree in a homosexual's right to marry, however many of those comebacks have inherent problems.
bringing sexy back

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
It shouldn't matter unless you're religious imo. It has always baffled me why some atheists and those who are not part of church get married, or are even allowed to get married. It makes no sense ???
:taco: :taco: :taco:

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
The church can make whatever rules for it's own followers it wants really. The issue I think is more the legal rights of a "Married" couple. If you are gay and have been with your partner for years and years and years, things that a legal marriage offers become important, like joint insurance, property rights, hospital issues and whatnot.

I know several of my gay friends have this great fear that one day their partner (or themselves) may have a horrible accident, be ticking away their last days in a hospital in a coma and because they are not related by blood or legally married, they may not be allowed in to see them in their final hours or be able to make decisions about the health care of their loved one. This is a pretty big issue since, unfortunately, many gay people have been estranged from their families for years, so it could come to pass that someone who's almost a complete stranger at that point would be making the decisions and keeping the one they've loved and shared their life with away.

I'm non-religious, my fiancee and I are having a civil service at the courthouse.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
My favorite:
7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
1 Reason Why Gay Marriage is Right:

Chewey and Skanker <3

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Ah, I missed this:

I do agree in a homosexual's right to marry, however many of those comebacks have inherent problems.

The same can be said of the reasons themselves, and the inconsistencies within them have been prodded at several times.

Although I do acknowledge your agreement with gay rights, Roph.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
* Roph prods at skanker ;]
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 88
http://www.rukinet.com
I have got nothing against gay marriage or people being gay in general even though I myself can't see how a person can be (in a sense that I couldn't imagine myself being interested in guys instead of girls, not that it's "so weird" or anything like that); however I do have a problem sex-change operations. I mean, I enjoy gender-bender anime as much as the next guy, but I think if you're born with a banana or your born with two mouths that's the way you should stay. It's not a religious thing or anything, I just feel uneasy knowing that... well, I don't want to mess you all up with my thoughts. XD

I hope no one takes offense in my way to view the world. If you do, however: get a life. :zwink:

Rukinet. - the dot's included!

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Lots of people who are transsexual would find that plenty offensive, Ruk. And I do believe they already have lives.

I'm sure you've heard plenty about "inside" and "outside" genders. Sometimes people just don't feel comfortable as the sex they were born with, so they get it changed. I remember watching this one transsexual blog on youtube - this trannie chick just got her balls chopped off and she said she felt better for it, despite the pain.

I don't know why you'd bring that up here. You're just begging for people to get on your ass for insulting one friend or another ; )

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Lots of people who are transsexual would find that plenty offensive, Ruk. And I do believe they already have lives.
this trannie chick just got her balls chopped off
I don't understand how a female can have her non existent balls chopped off.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I couldn't help but laugh at all ten of those reasons.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)

I'm sure you've heard plenty about "inside" and "outside" genders. Sometimes people just don't feel comfortable as the sex they were born with, so they get it changed. I remember watching this one transsexual blog on youtube - this trannie chick just got her balls chopped off and she said she felt better for it, despite the pain.

I don't know why you'd bring that up here. You're just begging for people to get on your ass for insulting one friend or another ; )

Surprisingly well said. Cuz I'm offended.  :mad:

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I have got nothing against gay marriage or people being gay in general even though I myself can't see how a person can be (in a sense that I couldn't imagine myself being interested in guys instead of girls, not that it's "so weird" or anything like that); however I do have a problem sex-change operations. I mean, I enjoy gender-bender anime as much as the next guy, but I think if you're born with a banana or your born with two mouths that's the way you should stay. It's not a religious thing or anything, I just feel uneasy knowing that... well, I don't want to mess you all up with my thoughts. XD

I hope no one takes offense in my way to view the world. If you do, however: get a life. :zwink:
This is pretty offensive, bro.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
People have opinions!?

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Not if you're transsexual because that makes you have no life. :V

I agree with this.

The church can make whatever rules for it's own followers it wants really. The issue I think is more the legal rights of a "Married" couple. If you are gay and have been with your partner for years and years and years, things that a legal marriage offers become important, like joint insurance, property rights, hospital issues and whatnot.
This reminds me of what Holk or Halo said (their names are similar so I sometimes forget ;-; ) about how marriage is mostly a legal thing; I mean, it's not like if you're not married you don't love each other. The marriage for joint insurance, property rights, etc. is all money related. If they really love each other, they should be able to work around the system or something, idk. Ignore me; I'm not even an adult yet.

Ah, I missed this:

The same can be said of the reasons themselves, and the inconsistencies within them have been prodded at several times.
But that's because they specifically chose highly debatable topics and then reworded them to make their significance less important. >_> For example, #8. They say gay marriage is not backed by religion and retort that "in a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That’s why we have only one religion in America." That completely undermines the importance of religion to some people (ignoring the people who're completely corrupt in their religion such as "KILL GAYS BECAUSE THEY'RE BAD"). If your belief in gay marriage and love is enough to support your argument, then why shouldn't one's religion be?

That aside, if anyone was offended by what I said, I just want to clarify that I believe gays should have the right to get married. Yes, as a Christian, I do not like gay marriage. That just means I have to not participate in it myself. A pastor once told me "you're only responsible for your own salvation." If gays want to get married, then let them. You'd wonder why, if some extremist Christians have some enormous hatred towards gays, they reject gay marriage instead of trying to let them burn in hell (not to offend gays here and for all you non-believers, it's just a theory) considering it's a far worse punishment.

I hope I worded things well. >_>

Rep:
Level 88
http://www.rukinet.com

Sorry, Zylos and everybody else, I didn't mean to offend anyone. And just to be clear, I did not mean that I have a problem with transsexuality, but I do find actual sex-change operations uncomfortable (not as in I have had one...). :-[

Rukinet. - the dot's included!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
But that's because they specifically chose highly debatable topics and then reworded them to make their significance less important. >_> For example, #8. They say gay marriage is not backed by religion and retort that "in a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That’s why we have only one religion in America." That completely undermines the importance of religion to some people (ignoring the people who're completely corrupt in their religion such as "KILL GAYS BECAUSE THEY'RE BAD"). If your belief in gay marriage and love is enough to support your argument, then why shouldn't one's religion be?

I think you missed the part where Christian beliefs were being turned into State Laws.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I think you missed the part where Christian beliefs were being turned into State Laws.
Kinda, but that was only in the retort. The argument was that being gay wasn't supported by religion. Morals, whatever they're based on, have a lot to do with government. If it wasn't "morally wrong" to kill someone, they wouldn't make it against the law. If it wasn't immoral to steal, they wouldn't make it against the law either.

I feel like I'm shooting into the air here because your target and my target are in different places; not only am I wording things a little weird for even me to understand, we're arguing two different parts of it :P

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Alright, so here's the moral: Many people on this forum are extremely sensitive about certain things. So, now we know: Let's be careful about what we say, then  :tpg:

Sorry, Zylos and everybody else, I didn't mean to offend anyone. And just to be clear, I did not mean that I have a problem with transsexuality, but I do find actual sex-change operations uncomfortable (not as in I have had one...). :-[

Well, it's a good thing that you're not getting one then. Sorry you're feeling all sorry. I don't know you too well, but you're still awesome : )

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Kinda, but that was only in the retort. The argument was that being gay wasn't supported by religion. Morals, whatever they're based on, have a lot to do with government. If it wasn't "morally wrong" to kill someone, they wouldn't make it against the law. If it wasn't immoral to steal, they wouldn't make it against the law either.

Things like euthanasia and honor killings are legal/illegal in certain places and whether or not they are morally right or not is debatable. Your laws are views vary drastically from place to place and different places have different religions and different ways of viewing them. Most of the laws were made quite some time ago and in places like the middle-east the traditions take priority over the laws, if you commit a crime that's 'tradition' but illegal according to their laws they usually just brush it under the mat. Law and religion isn't exactly as separated as it should be.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 83
OK this is a REALY touchy topic, and I'm sure its gonna start arguments up the A$& *no pun* "seeing that it already has already"
but still i wanna put my say in this....

i support gays and what they do because its what ever they wanna do, their not hurting the world, what by not reproducing "only thing i can think off >.>"....

i think their aiding the world, less people solve world hunger, and they would adoopt orphans.  Their just normal people and shouldn't be treated any differently just because a book "the Bible" says soo...

besides i think everyone is just a lil Bi-Courious them self's and are angry with the way they feel about them self's for it and take that anger and point it at people who are gay.

THINK OF THE ORPHINS!!
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
besides i think everyone is just a lil Bi-Courious them self's and are angry with the way they feel about them self's for it and take that anger and point it at people who are gay.

Oh my god.

He knows.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Intellligent post every blue moon.
I agree. Gays have the right to be as miserable as straight people. If they want to marry, let them.

Rep:
Level 92
The Return of Mandy
People need to get the argument straight.

Of course people oppose gay marriage. Marriage is a religious institution between a man and a woman. Many religions view homosexuality as a sin. Therefore why would those who follow a religion condemning homosexuality allow a marriage of two men with god?

Gay couples do not need to get "married". Marriage is for the traditional religious.

However gay couples deserve  the right to civil unions which grant them the same rights as married couples.

Where there are no gold stars, demerits, or infractions. <3