RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Important Dates

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Monday, December 14th: Sign-ups will be closed.If you don't sign up by then, you'll have to PM me and we'll discuss finding a spot for you. Don't worry, last year we had several people join late. As long as both guilds approve of the member joining one guild, you're in.

Also Monday December 14th: All guild members will be given access to their respective private guild forum. No work is to be done in this time. This is a preparation period. Only guild leaders will be allowed to post topics, the rest of the members are restricted to replying only until the contest actually begins. It's imperative that each member at least posts to check in during this time period (i.e. about 2 weeks).

Saturday, January 2nd, 2010: Guild competition begins and participants are allowed to begin work.

Saturday, January 23rd, 2010: First Press Release

Saturday, February 13th, 2010: Second Press Release

Saturday, March 6th, 2010: Third Press Release

April 2nd, 2010: Guild projects are due and must be submitted before midnight CST.

Intervals between press releases have not yet been determined.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 03:17:43 PM by Modern Algebra »
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 88
Something something events
Project of the Month winner for December 2008
I'm guessing the guild leaders will be picking people between Monday and Thursday?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
They'll choose people on Monday and they should probably be able to finish by then.

The reason waiting until Thursday to give general members access is to not give too much time for preparation. In fact, we'd give less but I'll be gone for a few days starting on that Friday, so I have to do it then. :)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

Rep:
Level 88
Something something events
Project of the Month winner for December 2008
Ah, yeah that does make sense. Thanks~ I'm pretty excited for this.

Rep:
Level 97
I'm anxious for it to begin as well, and I don't even do anything lol. It's fun watching the progress each guild makes (or sometimes lack thereof). :]

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
So writers are able to start planning, but not write anything done? Are they allowed to share ideas before the competition begins?
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 97
So writers are able to start planning, but not write anything done? Are they allowed to share ideas before the competition begins?

It's recommended to get some ideas. Considering there are enough writers that it's guaranteed you won't be the only one in your guild, expect that you'll be working with at least one other writer.

You cannot openly share your ideas guild members until January 2nd, though there's really no way of stopping you lol

Once you're given access to your guild (17th) this will all make more sense :P

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Sooooo looooonnnnnggg to wait  :tpg:

It does test a person's perseverance, though. It's sure to root out all those uncommited folks.

*cough*

(< IS GOING TO STICK WITH THIS.)

Rep:
Level 97
Ending date has been determined. It seems most everyone was in favor of 3 months, so 3 months is what you get.