RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Ask a Jew.

Rep:
Level 82
Part of this balanced breakfast.
It's December. The holidays. I'm Jewish.

This should be fun.
"Maybe your imagination just smells like popcorn."

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH NAZI FOOD

I mean, how large is your nose? >:D

Rep:
Level 82
I mean, how large is your nose? >:D

*looks in mirror*
Depends...how large is 'large'?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
A jewish nose is pretty large.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
What is the significance of the Seder Plate?

Rep:
Level 82
To hold all of the stuff we ARE allowed to eat on Passover.  8l

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Are your parents Jewish?
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 82
Yep. They sure are.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Do you think if your parents were islamic, this thread would be titled "Ask a muslim."?
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 82
I have no doubt in my mind.

Rep:
Level 83
When do you start geting your daily 12 gifts? or am i wrong on that?
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
What is the Synagogue's official position on the practice of Kabbalah?
:tinysmile:

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
What are your feelings regarding Hitler?

Been to Germany?
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 82
When do you start geting your daily 12 gifts? or am i wrong on that?

Woah, not twelve. We usually get one or two on weekdays, and a hell of a lot more on the weekends. Hannukah starts Saturday, by the way.

What is the Synagogue's official position on the practice of Kabbalah?

Uh...I'm a Reform Jew, so we can go to town with it. You know, as long as we don't start terrorizing people with Golems.

What are your feelings regarding Hitler?

Been to Germany?

Haven't even left the country.  ._.

I'm planning on going to Japan on my Japanese class trip in my senior year, though.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
What's your thoughts on Fiddler on the Roof?

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I find it odd that many mainstream Christian and Muslim faiths exclude homosexuals and women in the practice thereof, and cite the Old Testament, or Mosaic Law as the foundation for the exclusion. Yet, every synagogue I've visited had gays and women intoning blessings the same as men.
Are the above faiths misquoting the Talmud or is there a provision in the reformed Jewish faith that allows for gays and women?
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel

Rep:
Level 102
I just hope my 2 questions and your answers provoke some self assessment :)
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 94
I just hope my 2 questions and your answers provoke some self assessment :)

Let the kid have his religion.

Rep:
Level 82
I'm a girl, thanks.

What's your thoughts on Fiddler on the Roof?
Oh, man, that's a good movie. I remember learining to play the opening song on the piano...anyway, yeah, it represents Jewish life in 19-20th century Russia.

I find it odd that many mainstream Christian and Muslim faiths exclude homosexuals and women in the practice thereof, and cite the Old Testament, or Mosaic Law as the foundation for the exclusion. Yet, every synagogue I've visited had gays and women intoning blessings the same as men.
Are the above faiths misquoting the Talmud or is there a provision in the reformed Jewish faith that allows for gays and women?

Reform allows for gays and women, yes. But there are other Jewish sects that are kinda different about that.
Orthodox, for instance. Serious Jews, who think that Reform is for wusses. I'm ninety-nine percent sure that there's no gays allowed. Probably. Women are fine, they just have to sit in a seperate section. But they don't get the same blessings.
Conservitave Judaism lets Bar and Bat mitzvahs happen. They're kind of in the middle of orthodox and reform. More lax than orthodox, but more strict than reform.

Make sense?

Rep:
Level 83
[EDIT] - fixed punctuation... sorta...

Being Jewish sounds fun, "I don't have a religion". I'm not sure what to believe in at all, god doesn't make sense to me, And i kinda wanna stay away from Satan...
"he's OK but I'm not digging the evil thing"...

I'm one who supports any ones choice for what they believe in and I'm not one to put down their beliefs, but I just like to insert my criticism about it to get answers on how things "work" acording to their religion.
- seems that sometimes makes people angry tho -
But i enjoy you sharing your religion with us i never new that much about Jews before this topic was made.... :)

- i support gays, there people just like any one else they need to be treated as equals -
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 02:08:59 AM by Mr_Wiggles »
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

Rep:
Level 82
Well, thank you for taking to time to say that with bad spelling and almost zero punctuation. :l

Rep:
Level 83
@miriku - ROFL....
i'm sorry.... lol
i nearly failed english class, Basic enlglish at that...
Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

Rep:
Level 82
Ahaha, no, it's fine. It's just a bit of a pet peeve for me, if you know what I'm saying. Don't worry about it. As long as it's not made up entirely of 1337-$P34K, I think we'll live.

Rep:
Level 94
I'm a girl, thanks.

Sorry. Let the girl have her religion, is what I meant.