RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What RPGM would you prefer?

Poll

What RPGM would you prefer to use if you were in a guild?

XP
VX

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I think I'm the one that has brought up this discussion several times as to which program people would be using for the guilds. As of now, none of us know what program we'll be using in the Guild Competition. This is just to get a feel as to where the community is currently at with how comfortable they are.

You don't particularly need to post anything like why your more comfortable with one program over another, but knowing who is comfortable with what will help the guild leaders make their decision of picking members when that time comes around.

Again, it's not like 1 guild will be XP and the other will be VX. It could very well end up being XP vs XP or VX vs VX or XP vs VX. The decision of what program will be used will be made after the guilds are created.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 10:29:56 PM by grafikal »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
NAMKCOR and I will most likely be using XP.

Rep:
Level 88
Something something events
Project of the Month winner for December 2008
I guess you could say my "home turf" is VX, but it doesn't really matter to me. If what ever guild I was in decided to go with XP I'd just need a week heads-up so I could get used to the feel again.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Well, for myself, I started on XP and worked a lot on that, then when VX came out, I've been using that ever since. I can go either way but my highest quality is in VX.

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
Indifference, here.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Generally I prefer XP, but I'm skilled with either.

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Most Attractive Female Member
Generally prefer VX, but lots of experience with XP.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest Member2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Here's a crazy idea that might not be so crazy: why not let the individual guild decide which maker they use? Limit to XP and VX only, since most people use either/both of those. I don't think it matters too much if one guild uses VX and one uses XP.

Ultimately it's up to you guys though. Just a suggestion.
:tinysmile:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Not really a problem, but it's nice to know who prefers which engine so that a guild doesn't consist of people who use ONLY XP and people who use ONLY VX. It'd be kinda awkward for someone good at mapping VX to be on a team with people who are good only with XP. <.<

Rep:
Level 83
I enjoy XP,
VX Sprites are wierd =P and the pallete insted of a tileset confuses me :aryan:
other then that it's ok
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
...wait, you're not even in the guilds, what're you doing here posting the system you prefer?  :mad:

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I like the idea of limiting the choices to either XP or VX. (Or both if you for some weird reason want to do that)
I would prefer XP since my XP skills is much better than my VX skills, but I am also fine with VX.

...wait, you're not even in the guilds, what're you doing here posting the system you prefer?  :mad:
I.e. Mr_Wiggles, go and sign up here: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,36329.0.html

Rep:
Level 83
I.e. Mr_Wiggles, go and sign up here: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,36329.0.html
;o; i'm sorry i didnt know ;o;
but im working on a game already so idk if i can devote all my "free" time into it
"I take my earlier statement back then >:|
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Rep:
Level 88
http://www.rukinet.com
I prefer VX on pretty much all aspects but when it come to the amount of tiles and the use of them, XP has more and allows for much more creativity thanks to the three layers.

Rukinet. - the dot's included!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I have never once used XP. I used 23k many moons ago, but it's been VX ever since I got back into game-making.
:tinysmile:

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
As I'm not doing any programming, I suppose I don't have much of a right to a say.

That being said, I'd prefer XP because as far as I'm aware, the screensize is bigger. MORE ROOM FOR BIGASSED MONSTAHS  8)

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
rmxp.prefer work with it...
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week: