RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Guild Signups

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I'd like to add that I would like to be a co-guild leader, but not the guild leader. Like what Falcon said.

Rep:
Level 82
Part of this balanced breakfast.
I'm pretty good with plot ideas/twists, characters, concept art, and spriting. I'm okay with events and mapping. I'd be happy with any of those positions.

You know, if you'll let me join.
"Maybe your imagination just smells like popcorn."

Doneski
Rep:
Level 86
Writer. Irock's team. or Namkcor's team :mad:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Irock and NAMKCOR is on the same team. :mad:

And you don't get to pick teams. Team captains take turns picking and the fat kid gets picked last.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
writer/mapper.

Rep:
Level 87
I could probably spend around 40 hours a week (maybe more, maybe less) depending on what I'm needed to do and if I'm not dragged off to events and school. ;o

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I think I can join as a composer (though I'm not any good.) That too if this thing happens to start in around March because I won't be very very very free till then.
Arlen is hot.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
I'd just like to say, if people would like to post examples of work, it'd greatly help the leaders when we/they chose members (we'd ask you to post examples anyways once you're picked, so you may as well do it now).

No reposts are necessary, just edit your post in this topic.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I have been bullied into joining  ;9
I'll sign up as an eventer and co-leader.
I have no examples to show ._.

Edit: Oh yeah, I expect I'll be able to put 1-4 hours of work per week.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 09:23:17 PM by Zeriab »

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best MusicianFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I have been bullied into joining  ;9

I'm going to need proof that you can do events :V
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)
lol

I actually think I'm going to withdraw my application as a scripter - I don't think I'll be able to make a consistent weekly commitment during the school year at least. Maybe if it started in the summer, but I think it should get off the ground before then.

Rep:
Level 87
I'd like to take part, but I don't know how busy I'll be then, and I'd hate to commit and let the rest of the team down in the end.

I'll just watch the goings-on this time around :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 11:58:00 PM by shaz »
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
LOL THIS AGAIN? :P

I think I might be an eventer :P I don't remember doing anything last year or w/e. >_> Irock did everything, lol.

You were a composer but there were already like 3 other composers so you had nothing to do.
Oh yeah. Also, I sucked/still suck so yeh, lol.

In response to the amount of time I can spend, I can probably spend a buttload of time on whatever. Most likely the only limitation on time I'll have is my interest in constantly working on it.

I have been bullied into joining  ;9

Edit: Oh yeah, I expect I'll be able to put 1-4 hours of work per week.
F***. How am I gonna compete? :mad: Whether different teams or not.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Writer/Plotter all that bullshit jazz.

Edit: I can compose piano pieces, and only that, but I put a lot of work and heart into them. Q_Q

Edit:

Sample of work from my NaNoWriMo entry, if you want it for some whack reason.

Spoiler for:
Edward de Vladren shook his head, replacing his glove.

“Something isn’t right here, we need to be careful. I’m getting a bad feeling about this.” He said, walking past Julia with flare in hand, the corridor curving onward. She followed suit, keeping close to him and looking around occasionally.

They soon approached an archway door, no sign of a door actually having been there in quite some time. Gray steel hinges still held on the sides, but there was no sign of use of them in ages. They stepped through, and were greeted by torches along the walls lighting themselves.

They illuminated a large circle, pillars standing in an inner circle of stone that was led by stairs to the plane they were standing on at the moment. The circle was sunk about three feet, and the stairs were steep and few in numbers. In the midst of the inner circle lay a pedestal, atop it an elaborate gold crate. The sides had been crushed in, and it looked ready to fall apart, but mostly it was still there. Nothing else adorned the room but a simple, torn up banner of the Knights of the Sun on the back wall. Vladren stepped into the circular room and down the stairs quickly.

“Are you sure just taking it off the pedestal will be safe? Who knows what kind of traps there are.” Julia chirped up, but Vladren shooed her off with a wave of his hand over his shoulder as he kept walking. Removing the lid of the coffin of scrolls, inside lay many a collection of scrolls, all white as fresh canvas. He grabbed all of them and quickly pocketed them, and the lights shut as he did, encircling them in darkness.

“See, I told you so, Edward.” Julia’s voice piped up, and if the lights were still on, she would have seen him glare in her direction as he spun on his heels. However, glaring wasn’t number one on his mind as the hot wind they were greeted with returned, and the building growled. The rumble was deafening, as the floor shook and twisted under his feet, the wind blowing him back.

The floor was sinking in on itself, and out of reflex he understood as Vladren leapt forward, grabbing Julia by the hand and sprinting off. The building wasn’t really a building any longer, destroyed in the Sundering. It had been replaced by some Forsaken abomination that took its shape. It was trying to eat them, luring them with magic that any Magi would pick up on. He ran down the corridor, the wind picking up and the groaning turning like a mill of living tissue. The walls were slick and the floors were slicker, as if they were growing more and more soaked. He grabbed the slimy rope he had dropped on, just as the corridor before them sunk in.

As soon as Julia took hold, he clicked the contraption box it had shot from, and it instantly scrambled up, shooting the both of them through the hole at four fold the speed they dropped in. He leapt from the ascending rope as they were back to the tower doors, and they were both out as the doors clamped at them, growling as the entire tower shifted, rocked and rotated. The doors swung open and inward furiously, the windows breaking and shattering as the tower fell in on itself, the two hunters taking off down the forest.

Not long afterwards, the howl of the tower was joined by the howl of the Forsaken. Flying beasts, ground ones, they all circled them, waiting. Roaring through the forest trail next to theirs, a caravan adorned with dozens of lanterns and two city soldiers came bounding out next to them through a cross in the trail, and Vladren smirked as he ran.

Just as planned, of course, they would probably be running out of the place. No good deed came unpunished, and he foresought the caravan to take off at the first sign of trouble down the path they would be coming.

“Jump on!” Vladren shouted through the wind and the howling. He sprung onto the railing, scrambling up. Julia did the same, but with a little more grace than Vladren. Once they were atop it, they looked up. In the breaks in the canopy, a swirling black mass of small, bat-like Forsaken twisted through the sky.

They came into a break in the forest, and Vladren opened his coat buckles, withdrawing a silver crossbow. He climbed ontop of the whole carriage, standing amongst the lanterns and boxes. They had about five minutes in this open field where a small village once stood, the wind whipping his hat off and his coat wide open. He heaved the metal thing upward, as the bats descended. He squeezed the trigger, and a bolt blasted out with a visible steam burst, puncturing a lantern and catching it aflame as it flew. It snapped through a hole in the black mass, and half of it caught fire. However, those on fire knew to fly into the ground until they were extinguished by the dirt, and back into the air.

Grumbling, Edward de Vladren cracked his knuckles and squeezed the trigger again, the bolts flying out in heavy rapidity. They punctured the air, and eventually the mass but was no use. They came down upon the carriage, as Julia was pulling herself up. They swarmed like vicious locust, cutting up his coat and biting at his flesh quickly. Like small razors being slashed upon him, the wounds bled quick. Julia stood in the mess and withdrew an Ankh, a solid gold one.

Gold in this world carried magic much better than silver, and was as such twice as rare. It was something about its structure, which was still being studied, to explain why it hurt Forsaken more than silver. They kept their golden Ankhs for things like this; the silver was just for blowing open doors and dealing with the ghoulish ones, small things. She held it into the air, and spoke the chant loudly, the wind carrying off her voice. However, the chant was a chant and the ankh reacted, bursting into a vehement stretch of light that overtook the mass of demons that were tearing away the boards of the carriage, biting the horses and destroying everything like sand to a building.

This took a good chunk of them to the ground, in small burnt messes, but many more remained. The horses ran strong, their armor protecting their softest spots. The structure was being weakened, and the whole thing would collapse at this rate.

“Onward! FASTER!” Edward shouted at the driver, who whipped the horses in response and charged them to the city. Julia stumbled, and Vladren reached out to catch her, grabbing her by the arm. He grunted as he pulled her back up, and they looked down the road. What felt like hours and hours had only been about thirty minutes, and the lights of the city were still faint.
“We’re not going to make it at this rate!” He spoke to Julia over the wind, grabbing her shoulder with a gloved hand. “We need to jump ship and leave on the horses!”

« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 02:36:52 AM by ?????????? »
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 88
http://www.rukinet.com
Normally I would never say no to the change of being a leader of pretty much anything (if you're born a leader type, it's hard to say no) but for now for several unimportant reasons, I would prefer just joining a guild. Unfortunately I have no examples of my earlier work since I'm on a new laptop and my only other functional computer is unreachable for me right now (it's at my mom's place and I'm at my dad's right now).

Mapper
Writer
Eventer

If I only had a scanner I would love to be an artist since, well, that is what I am (that would be manga art, though, nothing but :zwink: ), however I don't. :(

How much I can work will depend on many factors, but a few hours a week should not be too much of a problem. And by a few hours I mean at least two to four,

Rukinet. - the dot's included!

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Oh, btw, I want to be a guild leader :V

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
ARTIST

I'd like to draw, monsters in particular, I like monster-drawing. I suppose I specialize in cartoony looking monsters, nothing real badass - but I can get them done quickly. I did the examples in less than an hour, tee hee. Take a look at the monsters and see whatcha think. I'm willing to do backgrounds to match them, if it comes to that. I won't be on all the time, but I should get on the computer for a couple of hours a week (Mondays and Tuesdays are best for me on weekdays, weekends variable) which should be enough time for me to get you whatever monsters you need.

SO CHOOSE KITKAT FOR ALL OF YOUR MONSTER-DESIGNING-RELATED NEEDS!

EDIT: whoops, forgot to add my examples ._.

DOUBLE EDIT: Also, i drew my own avatar. I can draw right-facing things, too! : D

Spoiler for:
A spoiler.

Just for good measure.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 11:51:50 PM by ?ït??t??? »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I'd like to mention to everyone that signed up or plans on signing up as a writer, to please please please come into your guild having some sort of ideas for a basic plot of a game. Also, do not discuss your ideas with anyone.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I'd like to enter as a composer, I could also do art stuff if needed

Doneski
Rep:
Level 86
We're making EotT5 :V

or did 5 come out already ._.

Rep:
Level 82
Part of this balanced breakfast.
Uh...hey...can I withdraw my 'eventer' thing? I'm kinda having problems with that, so... >_>
"Maybe your imagination just smells like popcorn."

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
GO AHEAD!

not that I'm any authority.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Only a few days left to sign up, make sure to get in while you can. ^^

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Unsung Member2010 Most Attractive Female Member
YES! Sign up if you want in. Also, please if you any examples to post and haven't yet, please do, it'll really help guild selection out.

I've also put together a word doc with all of the info I've been able to collect on those who've signed up. If you have any info at all to add, or see any errors, please let us know.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
I'll just fill in that I perfer XP, and that My hours a week should be about 3.