RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Need help

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
How do I put my game on a disk. I wanted to put it on a CD. I'm using RPG Maker XP

The Crusade(DEMO)

The Crusade:30% Completion

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
It depends... Do you want to be able to have people play it that don't have RPG Maker installed on their PC or not.

If you want people with RMXP to play it, just make a gamedisk.

If you want ppl without it, do this:

Find the folder your project is in. Copy the folder (it's usually in C: or D:\Program Files\Games\RPG Maker XP Postality knights version (if u have it)\games\your project) to the Desktop. Now, copy the imported files to a folder in desktop sorting graphics in one folder, and music in another. Now, replace the RTP files in the project folder with the whole RTP you find in the RMXP folder. Done it? Great. Now copy all the imported files into the RTP where it belongs WITHOUT deleting anything.

Now, goto the C:\ and find WINDOWS folder. Open it, find the system32 folder, and search for RGSS100J.dll. Found it? Copy and paste into the project folder, including a text or word document on how to install it. Delete the project file, and voila! You're done! Remember to compress it.

Rep:
Level 91
Hmmmmm..... Can you explain how and why it works, please?

Rep:
Level 91
ok, the base of making the game work is that dll, any1 who install any version of rmxp gets a certain dll in that case RGSS100J.dll without it rmxp can't work

so you need to tell the users of your game to put it in system32 or else.. it won't work

other than that you will need any image you use in the game, found in the basic rtp or any image you used as well as any music file and so on
devide it to the folders that rmxp devides them to, put them all combined in 1 folder and zip/rar it up
why do you need the images/musics you used? cus without them you'll get tons of "omg i can't find the damn file" messages

good luck and good hunting
holy shit my sig was big!