RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
December POTM Voting

Poll

Which of these projects should be the Project of the Month for December?

Astyanax: Wrath steel
4 (33.3%)
Locus
2 (16.7%)
Planeswalker
6 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: December 01, 2009, 10:32:26 PM

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Once again, the community gets to make the final decision for December's Project of the Month! You each have 1 vote that you can change at any point in the proceeding. You are encouraged to post the reasons for the project of your choice to try to persuade others. The poll expires on December 1.

The Candidates:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Holy crap, tough choice... I'm gonna go with Wrath Steel, only by a fine margin. The play style is awesome, and the graphic rips are, too. But definitely a photo-finish contest.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 03:46:38 AM by EvilM00s »
:tinysmile:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)
Personally, I'm turned off by the rips and Ragnarok characters of Wrath Steel, it doesn't seem to fit quite right and looks to have a simple BlizzardABS from the screens. Might not seem that way for everyone, so its just my opinion. So, the choice for me is between Locus and Planeswalker, which I honestly gave the same point scoring for both. Of the two though, I'd have to give my vote to Planeswalker for the level of enjoyablity.

EDIT: I've now played a little of the demo Astyanax: Wrath steel as well, and honestly I can't see the hype other than the nice rips. Perhaps people haven't downloaded the 118mb demo, but its really not that good. I mean no offense, Oracle. The dialogue/grammar is just terrible and often has serious typos, the story so far as I've played is cliche at best with a sixteen year old being pulled into a new world to save a princess (admittedly I have a ways to go still), and the battle system (which is the default BlizzardABS) seems to lag a lot. I don't mean to bash, but I really don't understand why this is getting so many more votes than Locus or Planeswalker.  :-\
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 04:09:47 AM by Zylos »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I would argue that the grammar and spelling stinks because he is a native spanish speaker, and  as far as the storyline goes, I'd say it's going to be cliche- it's based on a Nintendo game that was released in 1990. I understand the lag issue and finding the sprites unpleasing, after all the latter is a matter of taste and I have not played the game they came from so I can't say how unnatural they may look to one who has.

I think what may appeal to many who have played all of them is the simplicity of the plot- your enemies are clear and accessible, lots of action, it's all laid out for you.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
NOOOOOOOO.....
why must these projects all be so good!!!!!!
I'll have to say locus, it gives me a bit of nostalgia from the Xenosaga series, which I enjoyed immensely. Also, I see chemistry, so i can play and say im studying. : D

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
Astyanax, definitly a very lagg game. As Zylos said, the cool thing is the maps, and characters ripped from ragnarok online game. that's what i most enjoy in the game. the movment doesnt fit very well since it is a 2D game, and not a 3D game...
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
And Planeswalker is the winner! Everyone congratulate NAM on an excellent game!

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
yeah, have passed it today! 2 hours of gameplay. there are an error in a skill i think -.-
The game is gr8t!!

Congratulations NAM, keep the good work =)
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Very nice work, Nam! Congrats!