RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(request) Harvest moon script

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Is there a possible script where you can make the character give gifts to people from their inventory? Also hold things over their head?

Celestial Dance: Shift the tide. My current project which is inspired by harvest moon. Thank you Jonnie for the image ^_^
Check out the Celestial Dance website for details :)

Check it out:

...When the link is fixed. Another awesome game, not by me, But I voice act in it!

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Giving a gift is just removing an item from your inventory. Getting a gift is just adding an item to your inventory. That's a basic event command. Holding things over your head sounds more like graphic issue. You just need character sets that show your character's arms in the air or out and holding something. Then you would to the + or - item to inventory. Don't need script for this unless you have something else you need. If you do, then you should make sure you always explain your request fully.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
From how I interpreted it, the giving gifts from inventory would go well with this.

However, it's an RMVX thing, I've not seen any script like this in RMXP. :P

And yeah, the item-out-of-the-bag thing is a graphic issue.

And yeah (again), the whole HM system can be event system'd. You'd need a good deal of efficiency, though. I made a system with one plant for my GIAW thing and that thing was messy enough.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I don't think you need the evidence locker script unless I misinterpret what the giving gifts is. If you have something you want to give as a gift, then just -item   :|

Rep:
Level 83
Egg > Gnarmander > Gnarmeleon > Gnarizard
CLARIFICATION:
I think what the TC is talking about is more in the effect of...

1. Select an item in your own inventory.
2. Shows graphic of item above head.
3. Interacting with people/etc. causes dialogue and item "giving".

In this way, you could hold a "Hay" above your head, and either:
a) Give it to someone (preferably someone who would appreciate it)
b) Dump it in a bin (presumably to sell)
c) Dump it in a crate (to add to available feed in barn)

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:
To do this, I would suggest the following:

Make a graphic of your character with hands above their head.
Make graphics of various items to place above character graphic,
OR include items in alternate character sets (easier, but beefs up your final game's filesize).
Change a variable to a number that represents what item you're holding ("ITEM HELD" variable).
In any event that you want items to be relevant, make a conditional branch for your "ITEM HELD" variable.
The conditional branch should have your TALKING events in the "Var [####] == 0" branch,
and whatever item events in the rest of the numbers.
For example, we'll say 1 is a "Grape", 2 is "Wine", and 3 is "Strawberry".
Each condition would make a new set of events unfold.

Should be simple enough.
If you still can't figure it out, let me know.