RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A back and fourth ship? (Please Delete this topic.)

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
I'm at the point in my game where I need to travel across the water but I want a ship to take me to a specific spot rather then letting the player control the ship. (Kinda like early in FF2) I just want the ship to go between the two towns. I Have an NPC in the town that I want to put you on the ship when you pay him. I was gonna do just a simple teleport... but i think this would be cooler. So if anyone knows how I would do that could you please make me a Tutorial? Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 01:41:52 AM by Despise »

Rep:
Level 87
Have the ship event on the maps with 2 tabs - tab 1 is unconditioned and shows the ship graphic, tab 2 uses a switch (we'll call it IN SHIP) and has no graphic.  You'll actually have two of these - one in each location, and they'll use the same switch as the trigger.

When the player pays for the journey, let them "get on" the ship - when they trigger the ship event's action trigger, make them walk into the ship, change the player direction to the ship direction (if you can in 2K3), change the player graphic to the ship graphic, turn on the IN SHIP switch (so there's only one ship).  Use a move route to get the player where you want them to go.  When they arrive, do the reverse - turn off the IN SHIP switch so the ship reappears, change the player graphic back, make them move away from the ship.

My terminology is for XP.  Hopefully you can do all these things in 2K3.
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.