RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Zylos' Puzzle/Event Shop (VX)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I'm opening up to take some requests on puzzle-like event systems anywhere from beginner level to advanced. I'm going to be focusing primarily on making events puzzles, traps, and general challenges, but if you ask nicely I'll do general systems and such for you as well. Just post here with what you have in mind and I'll make it for you. OR, if you'd rather have something privately, send me a PM and I'll customize it for your game alone. Just make sure you're detailed on what you'd like. Simpler puzzles will be made faster.

You can check out my puzzle package for some older examples of my work.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Guildmaster of Graceful Ubiquity [GU]
Wondeful, is this still open? If so, i've been doing my best to come up with traps for my dungeon-stomping RPG, but i'm having a bit of trouble with two events in particular that i was really hoping you could help me with:

1. I need a trap that, when you step on it, spikes come out of the ground and hurt you, and then the spikes go back into the ground so if you step on it again it will hurt you again. I can make the whole spike trap but i can't get them to go back into the ground.

2. I need kind of a "crumbling floor" trap, where you step on it and its like a pit-fall, you fall and die. I was planning on setting up a reflex skill so you can avoid these, but the actual trap im clueless about.

Im not even sure if its possible to make these, but if you could i would really appreciate it.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
That sounds like a piece of cake. Let me just ask you few things to clarify.

1. Do you want the character to back up a step when they get impaled, so that you have to find another way around the spikes instead of just continuing onwards after losing health? And how much health would you lose?

2. There's two ways I see of doing this. One, you step on an area and it'll start to crack, and if you don't move off of it by the time it collapses completely, you fall and die. Two, you step on a cracked area and it'll collapse from under you, and if you don't press an indicated random button after a set amount of time, you'll fall into the pit and die. Which of these ways is what you had in mind?

1. i dont want the character to step back because, really, the traps are just meant to be annoying. I am in the middle of trying out some events that allow you to search for and/or disable these traps, and i supose you'd only lose 1 hp because all of the stats/hp/mp are relatively low compared to most rpgs.

2. The Skill system i was working on (another series of events) would help you as so: You hit the event and if your reflex is 1 than you have a 1 in 10 shot of jumping off the collapsing floor, where as if it is like 3, you have a 6 in 10 shot of jumping off at the last second. If you made it across, you get some exp which goes toward leveling your reflex skill. I think i've just about got the skills working properly, but most of the things will have to do with the odds of successfully making it depending on that particular skill.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Okay, well, here's the first one. It's attached at the end of this post, and it's pretty much the basic of the basic. Just copy paste that one spike to make more, you can alter it very easily to your needs.

As for the second one, you're going to have to give me a little more info than that. What exactly is reflex, is it a variable or is it a character stat like agility? Is it something that requires an extra script? You say he has this reflex number / 10 chance of jumping across the collapsing floor, how exactly does the player do this? Is it done automatically by a random number checking against your reflex level, or does the player have to press a button in a set amount of time? Does he gain actual experience or will this be controlled with another variable, or will this reflex stat just increase by one as is? Try to be very specific about this.

Thanks for the spike trap, its good to compair my event to yours. There is a variable called Reflex and Reflex EXP, when a trap is successfully avoided, the trap provides like +3 to the variable Reflex EXP, which i can easily insert myself. When Variable EXP reaches a certain number, another event in the Common Event sheet causes the variable Reflex to increase by 1. The trap i had made was made so that if the reflex=1, then there is a 10/25 chance of leaping over the hole. If it fails, then the main character dies in a neat falling event i already made. If he succeeds, then a Set Move Route is activated that makes the character jump backwards

In anycase, thanks for the spike trap, i built a pretty decent fall-trap after awhile of tinkering so don't have to worry about that one

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
The Archivist of Ivilandar
Okay, Zylos, I have a request, it isn't very important, and it is optional, if you don't want to do it. But here it is:

This is similar to your picture sliding puzzle, but I have a couple changes I need. First of all, I need it to be Egyptian themed(Picture I want it preferably to be is either a Pyramid burning or the symbol of the Aten) Second, I want it to be able to change every time you have to do it if you fail, so it can't be easily memorized.

If you are able to do this, I thank you. If not, oh well, but I love your work, so I'll refer to you for any questions.
Come by and see my handmade, yet incomplete, site for my game series Midori

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Sounds simple enough. Would you like it to be a 4x4 or a 5x5? I've recieved a number of people complaining about how hard the 4x4s were as is, let alone the 5x5s, but it'd be more centered to go with an odd number. Up to you.

The Archivist of Ivilandar
I'd like it to be the 5X5, if you would. I like to give my players a challenge.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 12:54:54 AM by Sorohn »
Come by and see my handmade, yet incomplete, site for my game series Midori

I'm working on a project, and one of the puzzles in it has the player pushing a rock onto a switch (original, I know). I'm trying to make it so that the rock can only move within a set space, which I hoped you could do with areas. Evidently- and somewhat stupidly- you can't. It would really be helpful to have events confined to a set space, but I'm not sure how to do it. Any help I can get is appreciated.

Speeding to victory!
Zylos I have a request but it is optional. I want an elevator system like in pokemon Diamond and pearl (if you know it).

If you can make the event, i will really appreciate it...but don't mind if you can't.
Speeding to victory!

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Lol, it's called "Make a choice branch and put a teleport event in each choice" finished. Lol, why would you ask for something like that ._.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
That's... exceptionally easy to the degree that I'm wondering why you don't do it yourself... ._.;

But I'll add it to the queue if you like, I'm running late because of having to come home for Thanksgiving. I'll get back to work on Monday after I sneak out the back door and return to a computer that actually has RPG Maker. Kinda helpful thing to have for making these events, no?

Speeding to victory!
I was asking for something like in the canalave gym. Sorry. I forgot to mention it before.

If you have not played pokemon D/P it is like an elevator which transports the player from a lower level to higher level with no fading or transitions.

Speeding to victory!

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Uhmm. The solution remains the same. The only difference is that the screen doesn't fade when you teleport. That requires a script. Specifically, this one here that ModernAlgebra developed.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Oh wait, I see now what he's asking for.

Spoiler for:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGvlHmc83to" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGvlHmc83to</a>

I'll see what I can do.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Whoa. That's intense.

Rep:
Level 83
I dont care doesnt mean I dont understand
Hi

There is a puzzle in Pokémon Gold/Crystal/Silver in a ice cave. When you step on icy ground you start to slide and cant stop before you hit something or somewhere.

Can you make a puzzle like this please ?