RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Zylos' Puzzle/Event Shop (XP)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I'm opening up to take some requests on puzzle-like event systems anywhere from beginner level to advanced. I know there's already a event system request thread for people, but I'm focusing primarily on making events puzzles, traps, and general challenges (though if you ask nicely I'll still do general systems and such as well). Just post here with what you have in mind and I'll make it for you. OR, if you'd rather have something privately, send me a PM and I'll customize it for your game alone. Just make sure you're detailed on what you'd like. Simpler puzzles will be made faster.

I've attached two examples of what I'm capable of down below, a simple box moving puzzle made more than a year ago and a mini game of Pong. Additionally, you can check out my puzzle package for some recent puzzles without even using any switches or variables.

Rep:
Level 84
ok I have one that I would to see if you can give it a go for me

I want a puzzle where you flip a switch and spikes go away that block your path and every time you flip another switch the previous spikes cleared reappear blocking your way of going back
When The dust clears I shall be the sole survivor

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
That sounds easy enough to do. Here's a quick mock-up just to make sure I'm understanding what you're asking for.

The blue switch lowers the blue line of switches, the red switch lowers the red line of switches but raises the blue line again, and so forth until you get to the last switch which lowers all of them and allows you to go back. Is this what you meant? Also, what would you like the punishment of walking on the spikes to be? Does the player lose health, do they have to start from the beginning of the puzzle? Are the spikes even passable, or are they just obstacles that you can't bypass?

Rep:
Level 84
yes that is more of what I am looking for, I could not really find the words to describe it bfore. as for the spikes I was thinking of a punishment for walking on them something reasonable like maybe you loose like 15 or 20 hp for each step on the spikes

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Let me know if this is what you were looking for. It seems way too easy to be a puzzle imo, but I did as you asked and it was exceedingly simple enough. Plus, I can easily tweak things around for you if you like, make it more challenging of a puzzle by making the spikes impassible and you have to solve a riddle or another puzzle at each lever in order to proceed. :3
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 12:57:04 PM by Zylos »

Rep:
Level 84
well I just tried it out and I am impressed with it, It was exactly what I wanted.. What I am doing is making a game that is split up into different acts and I plan releasing them one Act at a time sort of like a series and when all Acts are out I plan on releasing a full collected game.

Anyways on one of the Acts there is a temple place you go to try and find a rare object and the temple is full of different puzzles and traps.

Now I was wondering if you would be willing to take another request from me, I dont know how much of a busy person you are so I try not to waste peoples time

Anyways, I would like to have a Chest puzzle. To explain in detail I want a chest to have a combo lock on it, one where you have to pick which direction left or right and the correct number for that peice. I am not sure if that is possible or not

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Haha, go ahead if you like. It was something I did a while back for fun, just to see if I could get the angles right. Finished it in only a day if I recall right. I still have it on RMRK+, if you'd care to put it there: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,32894.0.html

@DarkClawtooth - And I'm working on your request right now. I've actually been wanting to try this for some time but procrastinated on it. It'll be a simple 10 digit lock graphic, two turns round to the right to 3, one turn round to 1, and straight to three. It'll open automatically on the right code, but if you mess up you'll have to select to reset it. Sound good?

« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 06:27:23 PM by Zylos »

Rep:
Level 84
Ya that does sound good for what I want. Im trying put things into my game that actually make you think and whatnot instead of just a run through simple RPG game.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Here we go, one rotating combination lock puzzle.

Left and right arrows turn the lock accordingly, with left increasing the numbers and right decreasing. C button resets the puzzle back to the beginning, because if you make one wrong turn the lock will not open for you. B button exits back to the previous map. The current combination is two complete turns left past zero to 3, one complete turn right past zero to 1, and a straight turn left to 3. It's editable in the event, and currently I've left nothing in the chest for you to find really.

You WILL need to copy the pictures Lock 1 and Lock 2 into your pictures folder if you copy the event into your map directly.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 01:04:56 AM by Zylos »

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
www.rmxpunlimited.net
Can you make a raft puzzle system?

Like for an underground river; and you have to get from island to island. And maybe bats can swoop down and attack you if you have a light?  ???

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Could you be a little more elaborate? Do the rafts float back and forth between two islands automatically and you have to time it right, or do you step on a raft and it'll take you to an opposite island or something? And what exactly do you mean bats will attack you if you have a light? Is this taking place in near darkness? Do the bats start up a battle or just take away health?

Give as much info as you can for what you'd like, otherwise I'll take creative liberties to fill in the blanks and make something that could possibly be completely different than what you originally had in mind.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I have a request, could you make a puzzle, where you change water levels to solve puzzles and get treasure. You would hit switches that change the water level up or down. Ideally this would be easier to control and program. I had an idea to switch between maps, but I don't know. If you need more information let me know. Thanks : D

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
K, I'll work on that asap too.