RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Zylos' Puzzle Package! (XP)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
As promised, here is Zylos Puzzle Package for XP. I started this a while back, but accidentally had forgotten about it until now. This here a small collection of RPG Maker XP puzzles designed with beginning and intermediate users in mind.  The package is unique in that it was made without using any outside resources or scripts, without variables or switches, and without any common events or database changes. It was made completely using basic mapping events and neat get-around tricks. As a result, you can very easily just copy/paste the map right out of my project and into yours, with little to no customization save for changing what maps you want to exit to.

• 1. Color Switch Puzzle - Match up the colors of the switches to bypass the guards.
  • 2. Line Switch Puzzle - Set all of the switches to the down position.
  • 3. Memory Box Puzzle - Open boxes and match the chess pieces up akin to a memory game.
  • 4. Grid Switch Puzzle - Press all of the pressure plates to the down position.
  • 5. Blocking Flames Puzzle - Navigate across a corridor of fire by stopping the flames with switches.
  • 6. Boulder Moving Puzzle - Use levers to manuever two boulders into holes both at once.

These puzzles are for anyone wants to use them in their game, so credit is not needed. If you have any questions or would like some help better customizing the puzzles for your own game, just send me a message on RMRK and I'll be more than happy to help. Thanks for your time, and if you like what you see here, be sure to vote for me in the annual RMRK awards. :3

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
let's see, MA is our RMVX scripter, Kipe is our RMVX/XP eventer, and now Zylos is or RMVX/XP puzzle makereventer.

We have a really nice community here!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 01:42:54 AM by Lazer Ki »
Hi

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
let's see, MA is our RMVX scripter, Kipe is our RMVX/XP eventer, and now Zylos is or RMVX/XP puzzle maker.

We have a really nice community here!

Except I'm a good eventer in general, not just a puzzle maker. D:

Rep:
Level 83
Nice im gonna check them out..
I learned how to make puzzles using positional variables thanks to one of your games "Anima" :) thanks a lot for posting this..

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi

Except I'm a good eventer in general, not just a puzzle maker. D:
Oh, I fixed my post k :)
Hi

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
These are pretty good! They'll be a welcome addition to the usual walk around fighting enemies crap i got going on lol. It's hard enough finding puzzle events, even harder finding good ones that actually work!! So yeah, cheers  ;D