RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Web Design: Give Opinions

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Most Updated

Updated

Outdated

I started getting into web design again. This may or may not turn into a website that someone I know needs for their vending business. Tell me what you do like, don't like, and would like.

It's a fairly simple design. All coded by hand. (with the exception of some minor things I copied and pasted, and something yeyinde helped out with)

I need all the feedback I can get. :]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 05:12:05 AM by Irock »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
kill the stripes.

ul li a - still suggesting you get used to it.

get into design now.

structure:
MAIN DIRECTORY -> index.html
MAIN DIRECTORY -> /images/ -> image.png
MAIN DIRECTORY -> /css/ -> stylesheet.css

code is neat and very clean, well done.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 01:36:39 AM by Nouman »
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I feel like if he made the stripes thicker or made the white box bigger, it'd work. Or a combination of both. Or it might just fail.

I also feel there needs to be a bit more padding and space from the text to the image in the middle-ish. I just feel cramped looking at this. :P Well, that's just the center. I feel like it's too cramped, maybe, because there's so much more space around the edges of the window compared to the center.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 01:51:20 AM by Ryu from Street Fighter »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I'm not concerned with the structure right now. I'm just trying to get the layout done.

I wouldn't know what to put there instead of the stripes.

I've taken some suggestions. I doubled the padding, increased the line height, lightened up the background, and switched the navigation to the left.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/352409/Webpage/Left%20Dark%202/home.html

I like it better now. It's much easier to focus on the content area and the text within it. I really prefer the navigation on the left side. I should have placed it there in the beginning.

Any suggestions now? =o

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, most people are used to navigation on the left. :) Seems like it's better nao. :3 I liked the image on the left side, though. If it's on the right, your text, as seen in the updated version, tends to not look as nice. Like, see how some lines end shorter than others? :P

Rep:
Level 102

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Besides the space from the bottom of the picture to the text right below and the right side of the picture to the text to the right being too close together, I prefer it. :P

idk, that's just my thought/preference. idk how others would feel about it.

Rep:
Level 102
Most recent version

Added more padding and line height and made the background less prominent.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
I think the text box is rather small and a bit plain to me.
Hi