RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Zeriab Caterpillar 1.1c [RMVX Edition]

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
There is no end to learning!
Wow that was really fast!works absolutely fine :D
Many thanks!
"A thing of beauty is a joy forever" - Keats

Rep:
Level 84
Um... yeah I'm a little lost.

-I was asking where I'm supposed to paste this:

class Game_Event
  attr_writer   :original_pattern
end

-Also, I don't think you asked me to paste this anywhere yet..:

new_event.pages[0].graphic.pattern = 1

-You did however ask me to paste this:

event.original_pattern = 1

-Under this:

rescue
            event.set_graphic ($game_actors[actor.id].character_name, $game_actors[actor.id].character_index)
          end

Lol So where does everything go again, and which script exactly cuz one could get paste it in the wrong place... :P

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Code: [Select]
class Game_Event
  attr_writer   :original_pattern
end

You can paste it in its own slot if you want, or at the end of the silver wind addon, or anywhere really, except inside another class. Just paste it into its own slot is the easiest thing to do.

I did indeed tell you where to paste that line:

Anyway, to fix it, go to line 64 of the addon to see this:

new_event.pages[0].priority_type = 1

Put a new line directly under it with this:

new_event.pages[0].priority_type = 0
is to go directly underneath

event.original_pattern = 1

You've pasted that in the correct place.

Rep:
Level 84
"I can see clearly now the rain is gone!"

LOL Thanks again man you rock!

Edit:
Okay now the sprite faces in the correct position, but it still won't let me walk through it in maps where it's event is not located. And I made sure to make the original sprite set to under.
Is there something we can do?

Oh also, I just noticed something...
In the game there are butterflies that when touched fly over the head of the main character and replenishes the PP (Psychic points).
Will the script make so the butterfly event not fly over the following characters or will it allow event that are to to above go over them?

One last thing.
Earlier before I asked for the fixes, I made the main character with a following member walk on a event that would change both the main characters sprite and the following members sprite so that it looks like they are climbing.
But while the sprites were climbing the following member kept jumping under the leader and stayed back for a bit and then jumped under again, and didn't stop until the sprites were switched back to normal...

Just thought I'd mention that...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 02:17:45 AM by Zero2008 »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
And that's with the priority_type set to 0? I didn't think it made sense to depend on the priority of the hero - I will take another look at it sometime in the next few days and see if I can resolve your issue.

Rep:
Level 84
Your the man Modern!
I'll make sure to put a HUGE thankyou spot for you in the game credits!

Ok I don't know where to put it(whether in reserve party topic or here).I'm using Modern algebra's reserve party and when I take out one member from the party so that there are only three in the active party,then the caterpillar shows four members where the first one is the duplicate of the second member.But if I check my active party from menu or battle screen it shows three members.how to remove the duplicate member?here's a screenshot to explain it better.

before (with 4 active members)-

after (with 3 active members)-

also how do I disable the party leader from getting subtracted from the active party?that is how do I ensure he cannot be moved from active party while others can be removed or changed?

Rep:
Level 97
Um, try adding $game_player.refresh right above $game_system.caterpillar.update in that code I gave you. If that doesn't work I will look into it.

There isn't any $game_system.caterpillar.update in your bit of code fix.there is $game_system.caterpillar.refresh only.and if you are talking of zeriab's script,I added $game_player.refresh before $game_system.caterpillar.refresh in it but it did not work.

Rep:
Level 97
Alright, can you possibly reproduce the conditions for error in a new project and send that to me? (or else just send me your project if you don't mind sharing it at this stage).

Well I'm working out all the scripts before actually starting the project.so there isn't any actual game progress.I don't mind sharing it with you.I've PM ed the project download link(zipped).The caterpillar can be seen in map MAP001.You can see the errors there.

Rep:
Level 84
Hey Modern Algebra I figured out what was making the following events jump under the Leader when switching sprites. I had a Common event that made the followers switch to a sprite while walking and then switch back when stopping. After I altered that Event to only switch and not switch again The jumping stopped!

So you can cross that right off your list of glitches buddy!

Hi,any updates on my queries? :)

Rep:
Level 84
Hey Modern I found something interesting that you might want to look at.

When I places the KGC Script under the 3 scripts that give us the diagonal movement it gives me this error everytime I start up the project.

Script 'Zeriab Caterpillar' line 449: ArgumentError occurred.
wrong number of arguments(3 for 2)

Maybe this could help you identify the problem!

Hallo.
I cannot download the demo

An Error Has Occurred!
You are not allowed to access this section

it says.

Would you kindy post the script as a txt, or fix downloading error?
Thanx.

Rep:
Level 97
It was a link to the wrong attachment. It's fixed now, and you can always just click on the attachment at the bottom of the first post.

Rep:
Level 84
Hey MA!
Anything new about those glitches?

Rep:
Level 97
Sorry, I haven't had time to take a look at anything RM for quite some time. I'll try to get around to it when I can.

Rep:
Level 84
So... um... Any progress with the script buddy?

Rep:
Level 84
Okay... I know its kind of necro posting but I have a question.

Will the script still work if instead of having a event on the map for the caterpillar you just make the events into Common Events and have them activated all the time with the appropriate name of the character?

I have yet to try it, but I would appreciate someones professional opinion.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
The point of having the events on the map is so that there is a graphical representation of the other party members. I don't think that a common event can do that...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 84
Oh well just asking...
Thanks for the help though!

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, no you can't just use a common event. What you can do, and what I did when I used this script, is set all the interactions up in a common event and simply have all the caterpillar events that you use for that character in every map call that common event.

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
Hey, I've been trying to get this script and the autoparty add on to work, and I've got them running pretty smoothly, except when you load a saved game the followers that were generated prior to saving will just stand in the place they were in during the save and not move. This goes away as soon as you change maps but it looks really awkward. I was wondering if there was any way around it? Whenever I change something enough for the script to reinitialize or whatever the saves won't have this issue for at least one load, I think if there was a way to flip the activating switch off and on real quick every time you load a game it would work, I just have no idea how one would go about doing that.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Rep:
Level 84
I'm using KCG's Large Party script as well as the Tankentai Side View Battle System in addition to this script. It worked fine. But then I added a total of 6 characters to my party, changed the party number in all of my scripts to that it would work with 6 people, and then re-arranged the positions the characters will be in during battles. Then it crashed. I get the error:

Script: "Zeriab Caterpillar" line164:NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'values' for nil:NilClass

Any help here?