RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Zeriab Caterpillar 1.1c [RMVX Edition]

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Zeriab's Caterpillar
Version: 1.1c
Author: Zeriab [ported to VX by modern algebra]
Date: February 21, 2010

Version History

• <Version 1.1c (RMVX)> 02.21.2010 - Fixed an error that would keep the caterpillar actors visible (and immobile) even when the caterpillar switch was turned off. Also applied the passability features to 8D movement.
  • <Version 1.1b (RMVX)> 01.15.2010 - Fixed a little error with dashing - no more jarring movement. Also, the demo apparently wasn't set up correctly before - whoops! It is now.
  • <Version 1.1 (RMVX)> 12.08.2009 - Added compatibility with Composite Characters, as well as adding a feature to generate the graphic of actor caterpillar events automatically
  • <Version 1.0 (RMVX)> 10.13.2009 - RMVX conversion of original script. Added features:
    • Non-Party Followers
    • Pass Through Solid Followers
  • <Version 1.0 (RMXP)> 08.16.2008 - Original Release for RMXP

Description

Quote from: Zeriab
This script creates a caterpillar of the party members by using events present on the map. (You need to actually make the events in the editor)
When the caterpillar is deactivated they act just like any other event. Most event commands still works on the events when the caterpillar is activated, but the results be strange.

I also added the features of allowing events who are not in the party to follow the player as well (which I am pretty sure is unique to this caterpillar script), and also an ability to set the events to be solid and letting only the player pass through them automatically and to all other events they react as if they are solid, so other events can't just walk through your party members (unless you set them to Through)

For the most part, the basic functioning of the follower events noted by Zeriab remains the same.

Features

• Party members will follow behind the player in a line, like Lufia and countless other RPGs
  • Event based, Event-based caterpillar, meaning that follower events can be interacted with as events
  • Can set regular events to follow even if they are not in the party.
  • Can set them to solid, so that other events are not able to walk through follower events while still allowing the player to pass through them.

Screenshots

Instructions

Quote from: Zeriab
Put \cat_actor[3] in the name of an event and it will be considered the event for the actor with id 3. The name could for example be "Cyrus\cat_actor[3]"

The switch number specified with CATERPILLAR_ACTIVE_SWITCH (default is 23) is used to determine whether the events should be positioned in the caterpillar or not. When the switch is off they are just like any other event.

The REMOVE_VISIBLE_ACTORS (default is true) is used to determine whether actor event not in the party should be erased or not. If it is set to an integer rather than true or false the switch with the corresponding id is used. For example REMOVE_VISIBLE_ACTORS = 21 will allow you to determine whether the events should be erased or not depending whether switch 21 is OFF or ON.

The MAX_ACTORS (default is 4) is used to determine how many player moves should be remembered. Only change this if you can have a party with more than 4 followers.

Features added for RMVX version by modern algebra

~Non-Party Followers
    This addon allows you to set events to follow the player in the caterpillar without having to be an actor in the party. It is set by page, rather than name, as that allows a number of conditions to be placed on  being able to follow. In order to set an event to be a follower, you MUST place a comment as the FIRST line of a page and in the first line of the comment there must be the code: \cat_event

~Pass Through Solid Followers
    This addon to Zeriab's Caterpillar Script allows the player to walk through a Caterpillar event that is not set to through - this will make it so that the events are treated as non-through in all cases except the player walking through them. To enable this, you must set PASS_SOLID_FOLLOWERS below to true. You can also set the MUST_FACE_FIRST constant, which forces the player to face the event before being allowed to pass through the follower event. It's useful if you want to allow the player the opportunity to interact with the 1st follower event for whatever reason.

~Auto Change Graphic

This is a simple feature. If AUTO_CHANGE_GRAPHIC at line 73 is true, then the graphic of the caterpillar actors will automatically change to the current graphic of the actor it represents, regardless of what you have the graphic in the event set as. If you use silver wind's addon, then it MUST be set to true. This feature is also recommended if you use Composite Characters, in order to have them show up with all their added equipment.

Script

See the Demo to retrieve the script

Addons

Spoiler for silver wind's Auto Generate Party:
This is an addon originally written by silver wind for the RMXP version and ported to RMVX by me. Basically, it automatically generates events for all the actors in your party, so you don't need to put them in every map. If you do have an actor event in a map, then it will take priority. Note that if you do this, the events will not be interactable, and you won't be able to custom set things, like Stepping Animation or any of that special stuff, thus actors that are autogenerated will be less functional than events that are manually set up. Also, please note that for this script to work, you must set the constant AUTO_CHANGE_GRAPHIC to true in the main script. In any case, put the code underneath the Caterpillar script, but still above Main:

Code: [Select]
#==============================================================================
#    Silver Wind's AutoParty
#      Addon to Zeriab's Caterpillar Script
#    Version: 1.1
#    Author: silver wind (converted to RMVX by modern algebra)
#    Date: December 6, 2009
#++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
#  Description:                                                                
#   * Now you don't have to create events for each party member, in every map.                                          
#    This script will create them automatically. You may create events for some
#    of the actors, and let this system add the missing events.                          
#   * If you ever need to know the id of the event used for a certain actor,
#    use:                                            
#       event_id = $game_map.cat_event_id(actor_id)

# ** Game_Map
#  Summary of Changes:
#    aliased method - setup
#    new methods - make_cat_events; new_cat_event; cat_event_id

class Game_Map
  #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  # * Setup
  alias silwer_wind_cat_game_map_setup setup
  def setup(*args)
    silwer_wind_cat_game_map_setup(*args)
    make_cat_events
  end
  # * Make Caterpillar Events
  def make_cat_events
    # if the caterpillar event doesn't exist, create it
    all_actors = []
    for i in 1...$data_actors.size
      all_actors.push ($game_actors[i].id)
    end
    actor_events = []
    for event in @events.values
      actor_events.push (event.caterpillar_actor)if event.caterpillar_actor != nil
    end
    for actor_id in all_actors
      # add a new event for this actor
      new_cat_event(actor_id) if !actor_events.include? (actor_id)
    end
  end
  # * Create new Caterpillar Event
  #    actor_id : the ID of the actor to create event for
  def new_cat_event(actor_id)
    # create unique ID for the event
    ids = @map.events.keys  
    event_id = (ids.size==0) ? 1 : ((ids.max) +1)
    # Set the event on the upper-left corner
    new_event = RPG::Event.new(0,0)
    new_event.name = "EV#{event_id} \\cat_actor[#{actor_id}]"
    new_event.pages[0].priority_type = 1
    new_event.pages[0].graphic.pattern = 1
    l = @map.events.keys.length
    @map.events.keys[l]=event_id
    @map.events[event_id]=new_event
    game_event = Game_Event.new(@map_id, new_event)
    @events[event_id] = game_event
  end
  # * Retrieve Caterpillar Event ID
  #    actor_id : the ID of the actor you want event ID for
  def cat_event_id(actor_id)
    for i in @events.keys
      return i if @events[i].caterpillar_actor == actor_id
    end
    return false
  end
end

class Game_Caterpillar
  AUTO_CHANGE_GRAPHIC = true    # DO NOT CHANGE
end

Credit:
  • silver wind
  • modern algebra

Credit

• Zeriab
  • modern algebra

Thanks

• Zero2008, for bug reports

Support

Post in this topic at rmrk.net for support.

Demo

Download Demo

Note that only the main script is included in the demo. If you want silver wind's addon, get it above.

Author's Notes

Credit for this script is attributed solely to Zeriab because I took a very hands-off approach to converting this script. I only removed or changed what was necessary to allow it to work in RMVX. This ended up not being fully the case as I did add a few features to the basic script (I imagine Zeriab would take offense if I attributed such sloppy code to him), but as these were minor applications of the code already written by Zeriab I should not take credit for those modifications. I do, however, accept blame for anything that doesn't work and will try my best to resolve any issues you might have with the script.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 01:14:32 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Updated this script to 1.1.

It should now work with Visual Equipment, and it has an added feature that actor caterpillar events can have their graphics autogenerated.

Rep:
Level 97
Not being good at life, I had forgotten to include functionality for the followers to dash when the player was dashing. I just added it now. In addition, the demo wasn't properly set up before, which is why there were people hanging out in the corners of the maps. That wasn't an error with the script, it was just me rushing the demo and not retesting after I took silver wind's addon out for distribution.

So, the demo is now fixed too.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Hey Modern Nice Job For Making This But I Got 1 Question....
Where Is The Link To The Demo?

-Thanks-

Rep:
Level 97
It's at the very end of the post, right above my signature and right below the Author's Notes section. I'll edit to include a hyperlink I suppose.

Thanks Modern:D

Sorry To Bug You Again :D
But This Keeps Buggin Me...
I'm Trying To Make An Event Folow Me But It Doesnt Work???
Can You Help Me Out

-Thanks-

Rep:
Level 97
Well, umm - the ghost in the demo is an event. Make sure that it's set up like he is. It has to be the first comment on the page.

Oke So i Did This...
I Copied The Ghost From The Demo...
Then Pasted In My Own Game And Changed Event Graphic.
But Still Not Working Am I Missing Somthing?

Rep:
Level 97
Well, A) the switch that activates the caterpillar has to be ON - have you done that?

B) the event in the demo has to be on the second page before he will start following.

Does everything work in the demo?

Yes Every Thing Is Fine In The Demo  :D
So I Make An Switch And Call It Catipillar And Turn It On?

Never Mind Fixed It  :D

-Thanks-
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 07:19:09 PM by White Fang »

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Current Project: RoSL
I must say I do like this caterpillar script. There's just one thing I'd like to see done, if possible.

I use Yanfly's Variable Dash Speed to set dashing to a more appropriate speed for my game. The problem arises with following characters. If the dash speed is set to anything but the default of 2x the trailing members will have jagged movement.

Example: I set the dash speed to be 1.5x (150 in the script's setup), and when the player dashes, the caterpillar members still try to go the normal 2x speed (so it seems) and they "run into" the player.

Any way to make the caterpillar recognize the new dash speed?

-Heart of Shadow-

"How can I be expected to save the world, when I can't even save myself?" --Sysolos(Return of a Shadow Lord)

Rep:
Level 97
Hmm, try going to around line 59 in Yanfly's script and changing:

class Game_Player < Game_Character

to:

class Game_Character

That change makes it a little more likely to be incompatible with other scripts that affect movement, so you should put Yanfly's script above all your other custom scripts but still below the default scripts.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Current Project: RoSL
Awesome.

Runs smoothly now. (hah.. pun) Thanks for the help!

-Heart of Shadow-

"How can I be expected to save the world, when I can't even save myself?" --Sysolos(Return of a Shadow Lord)

Rep:
Level 97
Updated to version 1.1c. Before, the caterpillar actors wouldn't disappear when the caterpillar switch was turned off. That is now fixed. Also, the PASS_SOLID_ACTORS feature now works for 8D movement, in case anyone is using a script for that or force 8D movement through move events.

Rep:
Level 84
I think there is a problem with Silverwind's Auto genereate addon cuz when you use it all together and stop walking on a map where the events are not present the following party members are shown with a walking sprite instead of a standing one...

Rep:
Level 97
You're right. Thanks for noticing that. The tall grass in my demo made it unnoticable for me :)

Anyway, to fix it, go to line 64 of the addon to see this:

Put a new line directly under it with this:

Thank you for all your help and patience in working out the issues with me, Zero2008.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 02:58:56 PM by Modern Algebra »

Rep:
Level 84
You're welcome!

And thank you for coming up with a solution to my diagonal movement dilemma!

Rep:
Level 84
Sry for double posting...

Uhh MA i have a question. Could it be possible to set the Silverwind add on to make the caterpillar events "Bellow hero"?

I know it's supposed to let you walk through, but when I put the scripts in the game, it only lets me walk through the caterpillar where the original caterpillar event is located if it's set to bellow hero.

Also in the map where the original caterpillar event is located when I stop walking the following member stays in a walking position again...

I think it might be one of the other scripts i am using...

Edit:
I figured our which script is messing with the Diagonal movement ones.
It appears that the add on or caterpillar script is not compatible with KGC's TilesetExtension script.
I hope this helps...

If you need a list of the ones I'm using then just say so and I'll have ready in no time!

thanks again!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 10:12:11 PM by Zero2008 »

Rep:
Level 97
No, I don't think the problem you mention is an incompatibility - it's intentional if it's occuring as a result of what I think you're doing. The event's stationary pose will be the one you set it to in its event, as with any other event. So, if you're  setting the graphic to a moving pose (or leaving it without a graphic), then when it's stationary it will return to that pose. I prefer to leave that much control open to the users of the script, since they could be using scripts that alter the way sprites are interpreted that may not have the middle pose be the one they want to use for stationary events, for instance.

So, to fix it, all you have to do is set it to the stationary pose of the sprite, or if you are using AUTO_CHANGE_GRAPHIC, to the stationary pose of any sprite.

However, if you want it to do it automatically, pasting in something like the following might work:

class Game_Event
  attr_writer   :original_pattern
end

Then go into the script around line 228 and see:

rescue
            event.set_graphic ($game_actors[actor.id].character_name, $game_actors[actor.id].character_index)
          end

and put this line right below that end command:

event.original_pattern = 1

Rep:
Level 84
Awesome!
But does this fix the walking through problem too?

Also where am I suppose to paste the first edit piece you gave me?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 10:57:51 PM by Zero2008 »

I was just wondering if there was a way to use the character zoom script ( http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,34543.0.html ) with this script.  Seeing as that script is around 8 lines and yours is quite a bit more, i was hoping maybe you would have a possible idea where to insert the call line in yours.

There is no end to learning!
I'm using Modern algebra's reserve party script and when I change the party order,it doesn't reflect in the caterpillar order.any solution?

P.S:Can I use this script for sharewares/commercial projects?
"A thing of beauty is a joy forever" - Keats

Rep:
Level 97
You'd have to PM Zeriab to see if you can use it in a commercial project - that determination I leave entirely to him. As for changing the party order, try to put this code in its own slot below the Reserve Party in the Script Editor:

# ** Game_Party
#  Summary of Changes:
#    aliased method - ma_switch_actor_order

class Game_Party
  # * Switch Party Order
  if self.method_defined? (:ma_switch_actor_order)
    alias mlgb_zcat_irp_swtcpyordr_7uh1 ma_switch_actor_order
    def ma_switch_actor_order (*args)
      mlgb_zcat_irp_swtcpyordr_7uh1 (*args)
      $game_system.caterpillar.refresh
    end
  end
end

@b00radley - I may look into it in the future, but not right now - it's a matter of applying the same zoom to events; probably not hard

@Zero2008 - sorry I must have missed that the first time. To do it, go to the same place where you put:

and place underneath it:

new_event.pages[0].priority_type = 0
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 08:15:50 PM by Modern Algebra »

Wow that was really fast!works absolutely fine :D
Many thanks!

Rep:
Level 84
Um... yeah I'm a little lost.

-I was asking where I'm supposed to paste this:

class Game_Event
  attr_writer   :original_pattern
end

-Also, I don't think you asked me to paste this anywhere yet..:

-You did however ask me to paste this:

-Under this:

rescue
            event.set_graphic ($game_actors[actor.id].character_name, $game_actors[actor.id].character_index)
          end

Lol So where does everything go again, and which script exactly cuz one could get paste it in the wrong place... :P

Rep:
Level 97
class Game_Event
  attr_writer   :original_pattern
end

You can paste it in its own slot if you want, or at the end of the silver wind addon, or anywhere really, except inside another class. Just paste it into its own slot is the easiest thing to do.

I did indeed tell you where to paste that line:

Anyway, to fix it, go to line 64 of the addon to see this:

Put a new line directly under it with this:

new_event.pages[0].priority_type = 0
is to go directly underneath

You've pasted that in the correct place.

Rep:
Level 84
"I can see clearly now the rain is gone!"

LOL Thanks again man you rock!

Edit:
Okay now the sprite faces in the correct position, but it still won't let me walk through it in maps where it's event is not located. And I made sure to make the original sprite set to under.
Is there something we can do?

Oh also, I just noticed something...
In the game there are butterflies that when touched fly over the head of the main character and replenishes the PP (Psychic points).
Will the script make so the butterfly event not fly over the following characters or will it allow event that are to to above go over them?

One last thing.
Earlier before I asked for the fixes, I made the main character with a following member walk on a event that would change both the main characters sprite and the following members sprite so that it looks like they are climbing.
But while the sprites were climbing the following member kept jumping under the leader and stayed back for a bit and then jumped under again, and didn't stop until the sprites were switched back to normal...

Just thought I'd mention that...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 02:17:45 AM by Zero2008 »

Rep:
Level 97
And that's with the priority_type set to 0? I didn't think it made sense to depend on the priority of the hero - I will take another look at it sometime in the next few days and see if I can resolve your issue.

Rep:
Level 84
Your the man Modern!
I'll make sure to put a HUGE thankyou spot for you in the game credits!

Ok I don't know where to put it(whether in reserve party topic or here).I'm using Modern algebra's reserve party and when I take out one member from the party so that there are only three in the active party,then the caterpillar shows four members where the first one is the duplicate of the second member.But if I check my active party from menu or battle screen it shows three members.how to remove the duplicate member?here's a screenshot to explain it better.

before (with 4 active members)-

after (with 3 active members)-

also how do I disable the party leader from getting subtracted from the active party?that is how do I ensure he cannot be moved from active party while others can be removed or changed?

Rep:
Level 97
Um, try adding $game_player.refresh right above $game_system.caterpillar.update in that code I gave you. If that doesn't work I will look into it.

There isn't any $game_system.caterpillar.update in your bit of code fix.there is $game_system.caterpillar.refresh only.and if you are talking of zeriab's script,I added $game_player.refresh before $game_system.caterpillar.refresh in it but it did not work.

Rep:
Level 97
Alright, can you possibly reproduce the conditions for error in a new project and send that to me? (or else just send me your project if you don't mind sharing it at this stage).

Well I'm working out all the scripts before actually starting the project.so there isn't any actual game progress.I don't mind sharing it with you.I've PM ed the project download link(zipped).The caterpillar can be seen in map MAP001.You can see the errors there.

Rep:
Level 84
Hey Modern Algebra I figured out what was making the following events jump under the Leader when switching sprites. I had a Common event that made the followers switch to a sprite while walking and then switch back when stopping. After I altered that Event to only switch and not switch again The jumping stopped!

So you can cross that right off your list of glitches buddy!

Hi,any updates on my queries? :)

Rep:
Level 84
Hey Modern I found something interesting that you might want to look at.

When I places the KGC Script under the 3 scripts that give us the diagonal movement it gives me this error everytime I start up the project.

Script 'Zeriab Caterpillar' line 449: ArgumentError occurred.
wrong number of arguments(3 for 2)

Maybe this could help you identify the problem!

Hallo.
I cannot download the demo

An Error Has Occurred!
You are not allowed to access this section

it says.

Would you kindy post the script as a txt, or fix downloading error?
Thanx.

Rep:
Level 97
It was a link to the wrong attachment. It's fixed now, and you can always just click on the attachment at the bottom of the first post.

Rep:
Level 84
Hey MA!
Anything new about those glitches?

Rep:
Level 97
Sorry, I haven't had time to take a look at anything RM for quite some time. I'll try to get around to it when I can.

Rep:
Level 84
So... um... Any progress with the script buddy?

Rep:
Level 84
Okay... I know its kind of necro posting but I have a question.

Will the script still work if instead of having a event on the map for the caterpillar you just make the events into Common Events and have them activated all the time with the appropriate name of the character?

I have yet to try it, but I would appreciate someones professional opinion.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
The point of having the events on the map is so that there is a graphical representation of the other party members. I don't think that a common event can do that...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 84
Oh well just asking...
Thanks for the help though!

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, no you can't just use a common event. What you can do, and what I did when I used this script, is set all the interactions up in a common event and simply have all the caterpillar events that you use for that character in every map call that common event.

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
Hey, I've been trying to get this script and the autoparty add on to work, and I've got them running pretty smoothly, except when you load a saved game the followers that were generated prior to saving will just stand in the place they were in during the save and not move. This goes away as soon as you change maps but it looks really awkward. I was wondering if there was any way around it? Whenever I change something enough for the script to reinitialize or whatever the saves won't have this issue for at least one load, I think if there was a way to flip the activating switch off and on real quick every time you load a game it would work, I just have no idea how one would go about doing that.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Rep:
Level 84
I'm using KCG's Large Party script as well as the Tankentai Side View Battle System in addition to this script. It worked fine. But then I added a total of 6 characters to my party, changed the party number in all of my scripts to that it would work with 6 people, and then re-arranged the positions the characters will be in during battles. Then it crashed. I get the error:

Script: "Zeriab Caterpillar" line164:NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'values' for nil:NilClass

Any help here?

Rep:
Level 97
Well, it's likely an incompatibility. I can't say much more than that. Try starting a new project, adding your scripts in one by one and note the last script you added when it crashes. Then share that script with me and I'll take a look.

@neuromonster - sorry; I never noticed that error before since I had always modified and so it never showed up in my testing. It is easy to fix and I will release a new version with it fixed very soon; I'd like to explore whether DCZ's problem is a general error in the script first.

Rep:
Level 84
It can't be incompatibility. It worked perfectly, and then I changed a number in the SBS to make my battler stand closer to the middle of the screen. I haven't added any scripts since then. If it is compatibility, then it is probably with the KCG's Large Party script. It was the most recent on I added.

Edit: I put it into a game with only the Large party script and the caterpillar one. It's incompatible with that one. I've got it so that I can only have 4 people in my party at a time, but can hold up to 6 in the reserve, if that info is helpful or not. Hopefully I'll have my database done shortly so that I can start the actual game so I can put it up on here.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 11:30:35 PM by DarkCodeZero »

Rep:
Level 97
Well, wha the error is telling me is that $game_map.events is not defined the first time the caterpillar is refreshed. Since that can't happen if isolated to this script, I think it's likely to be a script incompatibility. Anyway, test it out and recreate the error in a new project, then upload it and send it to me.

Rep:
Level 85
Sorry. I hope I am not breaking the rules by bumping and old thread. I am having issues with this script. When I press the restart button (f12 or something) and try to load up the game again, I get an "stacking error" on line 459. I have no idea what is wrong with it ...

Thanks ahead of time!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Add a new section at the very top of the script editor and copy & paste the following snippet into that section:
unless $@.nil?
  game_exe = 'Game' # Name of the .exe file
  exec = game_exe + ' debug' if $DEBUG  # XP
  exec = game_exe + ' test'  if $TEST   # VX
  Thread.new{system(exec)}
  exit
end

*hugs*

Rep:
Level 85
Thanks for helping me out. :D

I tried to use it - but it did a weird thing. The test window was brought to the back of all my windows, but it works. :D Though I don't know what the problem is.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
When you test play the editor waits until the game instance ends.
My scripts opens a new instance and closes the current one.
When you play normally it's less evident ^_^

Rep:
Level 85
Oh alright. :D Sorry, I have one more question - using the automated caterpillar, is there anyway that the person could face the same way you are facing when entering a room?

Rep:
Level 84
yeah, I've been facing the same problem

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Sorry for the Necropost. 

This script is awesome!  It has a few bugs, but hey, people are human!

Has anyone else noticed that when you get On or Off a Vehicle, the Characters just start following the Vehicle (Boat, Ship, Airship)?
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Sorry for the Necropost.
Excused in scripts and recourses sections, don't worry as long as you have something worth posting to post.
This script is awesome!  It has a few bugs, but hey, people are human!
People are human? YOU CHANGED MY LIFE
Has anyone else noticed that when you get On or Off a Vehicle, the Characters just start following the Vehicle (Boat, Ship, Airship)?
Can you not just turn the switch off then?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
...Can you not just turn the switch off then?

Not for every place that a player can land a vehicle in a world, and I'd like to stay away from more Parallel Processes if possible.  It interferes with other events.  Of course, its probably just the fact that I suck at life.  Just a humble suggestion.

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
RMRK Junior
well...that script is great...but...there's a little BIG problem:
if I save the game and then I load it...the characters that was following:
1) dont follow me
2) are untouchable
that's a biiiiig prob....
what can we do to fix it?
the DEMO have this prob too!

Rep: +0/-0Level 71
RMRK Junior
well...that script is great...but...there's a little BIG problem:
if I save the game and then I load it...the characters that was following:
1) dont follow me
2) are untouchable
that's a biiiiig prob....
what can we do to fix it?
the DEMO have this prob too!

im also having this problem, but it can be solved by adding a dummy party member and removing it again when the game loads to refresh the caterpillar.

Also when i use Set move route in the player it often gets stuck in the caterpillar... Specially with the move backward command or any move type that causes it to move to the caterpillar.

When using the SilverWind addon, how do you set move routes/play animations to the generated events?

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
Geisha can has cheesburger?
This little code by GubiD fixes the problem with the saves. Enjoy. :3

class Scene_Map < Scene_Base
  alias upd_basic_scn_map_cat_fix_zeriab update_basic unless $@
  def update_basic
    upd_basic_scn_map_cat_fix_zeriab
    if @last_map_refresh == nil
      @last_map_refresh = $game_map.map_id
    elsif @last_map_refresh != $game_map.map_id and Graphics.framecount % 120 == 0
      @last_map_refresh = $game_map.map_id
    end
  end
end

Rep: +0/-0Level 65
RMRK Junior
First of all, great script. Thank you for maintaining it.

I'm having an issue where after the actors join my party they don't follow me, they just remain stationary after teleporting to the player's position. I have a feeling there is an incompatibility with ArcThunder's Pixel Movement script, but I can't find where.

Can you help me out?

Here is the pixel movement script:

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * Arcthunder Pixel Movement
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * By Khas Arcthunder (nilokruch@live.com)
# * Version: 1.0 US
# * Released on: 21/07/2011
#
# * Author's note
# Thank you for choosing Arcthunder scripts. If you find any bug, please let
# me know by reporting it at the official threads (threads created by me - Khas)
#
# You can find more scripts and updates (in portuguese or english) at:
# http://arcthunder.host.org/
#
# If you like my scripts and want to donate a little, anything you can give
# would be appreciated. Please visit http://arcthunder.host.org/ to donate.
#
# * Terms of use
# You must give credit to Khas if you are using any Arcthunder script;
# All Arcthunder Scripts are licensed under a Creative Commons license;
# All Arcthunder Scripts are for non-commercial projects, if you need
# them for a commercial game, please send a email to nilokruch@live.com
# All Arcthunder Scripts are for personal use, you may edit them and use in your
# own project, but you can't post any modified version without my permission.
#
# * Instructions
# 1. How to use
# Just place this script after materials. This script will change the movement
# of the player, the events and the vehicles of your game.
#
# 2. Physics system
# In order to make this script working correctly, there's a system called
# Khas Physics. This system will load all Pixel Movement maps at the start
# of the game and it will save the settings into a file called
# "Khas Physics.rgss2a". You must refresh the file if you make any modifications
# at the maps of your game.
#
# There's two ways of refreshing Physics:
# a. Delete the "Khas Physics.rgss2a"
# b. Set Force_Physics_Update = true
#
# When you finish your game and it's ready to send to other people, remember to
# delete "Khas Physics.rgss2a" before encrypting! The Physics System will
# automatically create a new file when the player plays at the first time.
#
# 3. Event Commands (put on comments of events on map)
# You may put special commands for some events. There are two special commands:
#
# a. [collision X]
# This command sets the collision constant of the event to X.
#
# b. [forcedefaultcmd]
# This command forces the event to move as the default RMVX movement.
#
# 4. Event Commands (script codes)
# You may call some new commands for the player or map events:
#
# character.centralize(x,y)
# This command centralizes the character at x,y.
#
# character.px
# This command returns the Pixel X coordinate.
#
# character.py
# This command returns the Pixel Y coordinate.
#
# character.pixel_passable?(px,py)
# This command checks the passability at px,py coordinates.
#
# * Incompatibilities
# The Arcthunder Pixel Movement is incompatible with:
# 1. RMVX Loop maps
# 2. Heavy modifications in Game_Character, Game_Player and Game_Event
# 3. Anti-lag scripts
# 4. Action Battle Systems (A compatible ABS is coming soon! Arcthunder ABS!)
#
# * Setup part
module Pixel_Core

# Pixel Movement maps (ID)
  # Example:
  # Maps = [1,3,4,5,6,7]
  Maps = [1,2,3]

# * Physics update

# Force physics to update when testing?
  # If you set this option to false you may delete the physics file manually
  # to refresh the collision system. You only will need to refresh the file
  # when you make a change in any map.
  Force_Physics_Update = true

# * Auto-Multiply system

# Multiply event commands? (event_commands will be multiplied by Pixel constant)
  # Please note that it isn't a very precise feature, it's better if you
  # multiply the commands by yourself to get better results.
  Multiply_Commands = false

# Commands that will be multiplied (ID, separated by commas)
  Commands = [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13]

# * Pixel settings (OTHER SETTINGS THAN THE DEFAULT MAY CRASH YOUR GAME!!!)

# Axis [x plus, y plus, width, height]
  # Default: [0,0,0.75,0.75]
  # True Pixel: [0.25,0.25,0.25,0.50]
  Axis = [0.25,0.25,0.25,0.50]

# Bush axis [x plus, y plus, width, height]
  Bush_Axis = [0.5,0.75,0.0,0.0]

# Counter axis [x plus, y plus, width, height]
  Counter_Axis = [0.25,0.25,0.25,0.25]

# Pixel constant (32/Pixel must be an integer!) - Best setting: 4
  Pixel = 4

# Tile divisor (256/Tile must be an integer!) - Best setting: 0.25
  Tile = 0.25

# Default collision range (must be an integer!)
  Collision = 3

# Trigger range (direction => [x,y])
  Trigger_Range = {2=>[0,2],4=>[-2,0],6=>[2,0],8=>[0,-2]}

# Counter range
  Counter_Range = {2=>[0,3],4=>[-3,0],6=>[3,0],8=>[0,-3]}

# Vehicle Range (gettin on or off vehicles)
  Vehicle_Range = {2=>[0,3],4=>[-3,0],6=>[3,0],8=>[0,-3]}
end

# * End of setup part

class Game_Character
  include Pixel_Core
  attr_accessor :px
  attr_accessor :py
  attr_accessor :collision
  alias apm_initialize initialize
  alias apm_moveto moveto
  alias apm_jump jump
  alias apm_update_bush_depth update_bush_depth
  alias apm_force_move_route force_move_route
  alias default_mr move_right
  alias default_ml move_left
  alias default_mu move_up
  alias default_md move_down
  alias default_mur move_upper_right
  alias default_mul move_upper_left
  alias default_mlr move_lower_right
  alias default_mll move_lower_left
  def initialize
    apm_initialize
    if (Maps.include?($game_map.map_id) rescue false)
      @x = @x.to_f
      @y = @y.to_f
      @pixel = true
    else
      @pixel = false
    end
    @px = (@x*Pixel).to_i
    @py = (@y*Pixel).to_i
    @collision = Collision
  end
  def moveto(x,y)
    @pixel = Maps.include?($game_map.map_id)
    apm_moveto(x,y)
    if Maps.include?($game_map.map_id)
      @x = @x.to_f
      @y = @y.to_f
    end
    @px = (@x*Pixel).to_i
    @py = (@y*Pixel).to_i
  end
  def update_bush_depth
    if @pixel
      if object? or @priority_type != 1 or @jump_count > 0
        @bush_depth = 0
      else
        bush = $physics[$game_map.map_id][@px,@py,4] == 1
        if bush and not moving?
          @bush_depth = 8
        elsif not bush
          @bush_depth = 0
        end
      end
    else
      apm_update_bush_depth
    end
  end
  def move_down(t=true)
    @pixel ? pixel_md(t) : default_md(t)
  end
  def move_up(t=true)
    @pixel ? pixel_mu(t) : default_mu(t)
  end
  def move_left(t=true)
    @pixel ? pixel_ml(t) : default_ml(t)
  end
  def move_right(t=true)
    @pixel ? pixel_mr(t) : default_mr(t)
  end
  def move_upper_right
    @pixel ? pixel_mur : default_mur
  end
  def move_upper_left
    @pixel ? pixel_mul : default_mul
  end
  def move_lower_right
    @pixel ? pixel_mlr : default_mlr
  end
  def move_lower_left
    @pixel ? pixel_mll : default_mll
  end
  def pixel_mr(turn_ok)
    if pixel_passable?(@px+1,@py)
      turn_right
      @x += Tile
      @px += 1
      @real_x = (@x-Tile)*256
      increase_steps
      @move_failed = false
    else
      turn_right if turn_ok
      check_touch(@px+1, @py)
      @move_failed = true
    end
  end
  def pixel_ml(turn_ok)
    if pixel_passable?(@px-1,@py)
      turn_left
      @x -= Tile
      @px -= 1
      @real_x = (@x+Tile)*256
      increase_steps
      @move_failed = false
    else
      turn_left if turn_ok
      check_touch(@px-1, @py)
      @move_failed = true
    end
  end
  def pixel_mu(turn_ok)
    if pixel_passable?(@px,@py-1)
      turn_up
      @y -= Tile
      @py -= 1
      @real_y = (@y+Tile)*256
      increase_steps
      @move_failed = false
    else
      turn_up if turn_ok
      check_touch(@px, @py-1)
      @move_failed = true
    end
  end
  def pixel_md(turn_ok)
    if pixel_passable?(@px,@py+1)
      turn_down
      @y += Tile
      @py += 1
      @real_y = (@y-Tile)*256
      increase_steps
      @move_failed = false
    else
      turn_down if turn_ok
      check_touch(@px, @py+1)
      @move_failed = true
    end
  end
  def pixel_mur
    pixel_mu(true)
    pixel_mr(true)
  end
  def pixel_mul
    pixel_mu(true)
    pixel_ml(true)
  end
  def pixel_mlr
    pixel_md(true)
    pixel_mr(true)
  end
  def pixel_mll
    pixel_md(true)
    pixel_ml(true)
  end
  def pixel_passable?(px,py)
    return false unless $game_map.pixel_valid?(px,py)
    return true if @through or debug_through?
    return false if $physics[$game_map.map_id][px,py,0] == 0
    return false if collision?(px,py)
    return true
  end
  def collision?(px,py)
    for event in $game_map.events.values
      if (event.px - px).abs <= event.collision && (event.py - py).abs <= event.collision
        next if event.through || event == self
        return true if event.priority_type == 1
      end
    end
    if @priority_type == 1 && !$game_player.in_airship?
      return true if ($game_player.px - px).abs <= @collision && ($game_player.py - py).abs <= @collision
    end
    return false
  end
  def check_touch(px,py)
  end
  def force_move_route(mr)
    apm_force_move_route(mr)
    multiply_commands
  end
  def multiply_commands
    return unless @pixel
    return unless Multiply_Commands
    return if @move_route.list.empty?
    new_route = []
    for cmd in @move_route.list
      if Commands.include?(cmd.code)
        Pixel.times do
          new_route << cmd
        end
      else
        new_route << cmd
      end
    end
    @move_route.list = new_route
  end
  def centralize(fx=@x.to_i,fy=@y.to_i)
    cx = @x - fx
    cy = @y - fy
    tx = (cx/Tile).to_i
    ty = (cy/Tile).to_i
    ty.times do; (cy > 0 ? pixel_mu(false) : pixel_md(false)); end
    tx.times do; (cx > 0 ? pixel_ml(false) : pixel_mr(false)); end
  end
  def move_random
    if @pixel
      case rand(8)
        when 0;  pixel_mu(false)
        when 1;  pixel_md(false)
        when 2;  pixel_ml(false)
        when 3;  pixel_mr(false)
        when 4;  pixel_mur
        when 5;  pixel_mul
        when 6;  pixel_mlr
        when 7;  pixel_mll
      end
    else
      case rand(4)
        when 0;  move_down(false)
        when 1;  move_left(false)
        when 2;  move_right(false)
        when 3;  move_up(false)
      end
    end
  end
  def move_type_toward_player
    sx = @x - $game_player.x
    sy = @y - $game_player.y
    if sx.abs + sy.abs >= 20
      move_random
    else
      if @pixel
      move_toward_player
      else
        case rand(6)
        when 0..3; move_toward_player
        when 4; move_random
        when 5; move_forward
        end
      end
    end
  end
  def move_toward_player
    sx = distance_x_from_player
    sy = distance_y_from_player
    if @pixel
      unless sy == 0
        sy > 0 ? pixel_mu(true) : pixel_md(true)
      end
      unless sx == 0
        sx > 0 ? pixel_ml(true) : pixel_mr(true)
      end
    else
      if sx != 0 or sy != 0
        if sx.abs > sy.abs
          sx > 0 ? move_left : move_right
          if @move_failed and sy != 0
            sy > 0 ? move_up : move_down
          end
        else
          sy > 0 ? move_up : move_down
          if @move_failed and sx != 0
            sx > 0 ? move_left : move_right
          end
        end
      end
    end
  end
  def move_away_from_player
    sx = distance_x_from_player
    sy = distance_y_from_player
    if @pixel
      unless sy == 0
        sy < 0 ? pixel_mu(true) : pixel_md(true)
      end
      unless sx == 0
        sx < 0 ? pixel_ml(true) : pixel_mr(true)
      end
    else
      if sx != 0 or sy != 0
        if sx.abs > sy.abs
          sx > 0 ? move_right : move_left
          if @move_failed and sy != 0
            sy > 0 ? move_down : move_up
          end
        else
          sy > 0 ? move_down : move_up
          if @move_failed and sx != 0
            sx > 0 ? move_right : move_left
          end
        end
      end
    end
  end
  def jump(xp,yp)
    apm_jump(xp,yp)
    @px = @x*Pixel
    @py = @y*Pixel
  end
end

class Game_Player < Game_Character
  alias apm_get_on_vehicle get_on_vehicle
  alias apm_get_off_vehicle get_off_vehicle
  def get_on_vehicle
    @pixel ? pixel_gov : apm_get_on_vehicle
  end
  def get_off_vehicle
    @pixel ? pixel_offv : apm_get_off_vehicle
  end
  def pixel_offv 
    if in_airship?
      return unless pixel_airdocs?(@px,@py)
    else
      fx = @px+Vehicle_Range[@direction][0]
      fy = @py+Vehicle_Range[@direction][1]
      return unless pixel_walk?(fx,fy)
    end
    $game_map.vehicles[@vehicle_type].get_off
    if in_airship?
      @direction = 2
    else
      jump(Vehicle_Range[@direction][0]*Tile,Vehicle_Range[@direction][1]*Tile)
      @transparent = false
    end
    @vehicle_getting_off = true
    @move_speed = 4
    @through = false
    @walking_bgm.play
    make_encounter_count
  end
  def pixel_gov
    fx = @px+Trigger_Range[@direction][0]
    fy = @py+Trigger_Range[@direction][1]
    if ($game_map.boat.px - fx).abs <= $game_map.boat.collision && ($game_map.boat.py - fy).abs <= $game_map.boat.collision
      return false if $physics[$game_map.map_id][@px+Vehicle_Range[@direction][0],@py+Vehicle_Range[@direction][1],1] == 0
      @vehicle_getting_on = true
      @vehicle_type = 0
      @walking_bgm = RPG::BGM::last
      $game_map.boat.get_on
      return true
    elsif ($game_map.ship.px - fx).abs <= $game_map.ship.collision && ($game_map.ship.py - fy).abs <= $game_map.ship.collision
      return false if $physics[$game_map.map_id][@px+Vehicle_Range[@direction][0],@py+Vehicle_Range[@direction][1],2] == 0
      @vehicle_type = 1
      $game_map.ship.get_on
      return true
    elsif ($game_map.airship.px - fx).abs <= $game_map.airship.collision && ($game_map.airship.py - fy).abs <= $game_map.airship.collision
      $game_player.centralize($game_map.airship.x,$game_map.airship.y)
      @vehicle_type = 2
      @through = true
      $game_map.airship.get_on
      return true
    end
    return false
  end
  def pixel_walk?(px,py)
    lvt = @vehicle_type
    @vehicle_type = -1
    result = pixel_passable?(px,py)
    @vehicle_type = lvt
    return result
  end
  def pixel_airdocs?(px,py)
    return false if $physics[$game_map.map_id][px,py,3] == 0
    return true
  end
  def pixel_passable?(px,py)
    return false unless $game_map.pixel_valid?(px,py)
    return true if @through or debug_through?
    case @vehicle_type
    when 0
      return false if $physics[$game_map.map_id][px,py,1] == 0
    when 1
      return false if $physics[$game_map.map_id][px,py,2] == 0
    when 2
      return true
    else
      return false if $physics[$game_map.map_id][px,py,0] == 0
    end
    return true
  end
  def move_by_input
    return unless movable?
    return if $game_map.interpreter.running?
    if @pixel
      case Input.dir8
        when 1; pixel_mll
        when 2; pixel_md(true)
        when 3; pixel_mlr
        when 4; pixel_ml(true)
        when 6; pixel_mr(true)
        when 7; pixel_mul
        when 8; pixel_mu(true)
        when 9; pixel_mur
      end
    else
      case Input.dir4
        when 2;  move_down
        when 4;  move_left
        when 6;  move_right
        when 8;  move_up
      end
    end
  end
  def update_encounter
    return if $TEST and Input.press?(Input::CTRL)
    return if in_vehicle?
    if @pixel
      @encounter_count -= ($physics[$game_map.map_id][@px,@py,4] == 1 ? 2 : 1)
    else
      @encounter_count -= ($game_map.bush?(@x, @y) ? 2 : 1)
    end
  end
  def collision?(px,py)
      if (event.px - px).abs <= event.collision && (event.py - py).abs <= event.collision
        next if event.through
        return true if event.priority_type == 1
      end
    end
    return false
  end
  def check_touch(px,py)
    return false if $game_map.interpreter.running?
    result = false
        if [1,2].include?(event.trigger) && event.priority_type == 1
          event.start
          result = true
        end
      end
    end
    return result
  end
  def pixel_th?(t)
    result = false
      if (event.px - @px).abs <= event.collision && (event.py - @py).abs <= event.collision
        if t.include?(event.trigger) && event.priority_type != 1
          event.start
          result = true if event.starting
        end
      end
    end
    return result
  end
  def pixel_tt?(t)
    result = false
    fx = @px+Trigger_Range[@direction][0]
    fy = @py+Trigger_Range[@direction][1]
      if (event.px - fx).abs <= event.collision && (event.py - fy).abs <= event.collision
        if t.include?(event.trigger) && event.priority_type == 1
          event.start
          result = true
        end
      end
    end
    if !result && $physics[$game_map.map_id][fx,fy,5] == 1
      fx += Counter_Range[@direction][0]
      fy += Counter_Range[@direction][1]
        if (event.px - fx).abs <= event.collision && (event.py - fy).abs <= event.collision
          if t.include?(event.trigger) && event.priority_type == 1
            event.start
            result = true
          end
        end
      end
    end
    return result
  end
  def check_touch_event
    return false if in_airship?
    return (@pixel ? pixel_th?([1,2]) : check_event_trigger_here([1,2]))
  end
  def check_action_event
    return false if in_airship?
    return true if (@pixel ? pixel_th?([0]) : check_event_trigger_here([0]))
    return (@pixel ? pixel_tt?([0,1,2]) : check_event_trigger_there([0,1,2]))
  end
end

class Game_Event < Game_Character
  alias apm_event_initialize initialize
  alias apm_setup setup
  def initialize(m,e)
    apm_event_initialize(m,e)
    setup_collision
  end
  def setup_collision
    @collision = Collision
    unless @list.nil?
      for value in 0...@list.size
        next if @list[value].code != 108 && @list[value].code != 408
        if @list[value].parameters[0].include?("[collision ")
          @list[value].parameters[0].scan(/\[collision ([0.0-9.9]+)\]/)
          @collision = $1.to_i
        end
      end
    end
    @force_dc = false
    return unless @pixel
    unless @list.nil?
      for value in 0...@list.size
        next if @list[value].code != 108 && @list[value].code != 408
        if @list[value].parameters[0] == ("[forcedefaultcmd]")
          @force_dc = true
        end
      end
    end
  end
  def check_touch(px,py)
    return if $game_map.interpreter.running? || $game_player.in_vehicle?
    if @trigger == 2 && ($game_player.px - px).abs <= @collision && ($game_player.py - py).abs <= @collision
      start if not jumping? and @priority_type == 1
    end
  end
  def setup(n)
    apm_setup(n)
    unless @page.nil?
      setup_collision
      multiply_commands unless @force_dc
    end
  end
  def move_random
    if @force_dc
      case rand(4)
        when 0; pixel_md(true)
        when 1; pixel_ml(true)
        when 2; pixel_mr(true)
        when 3; pixel_mu(true)
      end
    else
      super
    end
  end
  def pixel_mr(turn_ok)
    if @force_dc
      if pixel_passable?(@px+Pixel,@py)
        turn_right
        @x += 1
        @px += Pixel
        @real_x = (@x-1)*256
        increase_steps
        @move_failed = false
      else
        turn_right if turn_ok
        check_touch(@px+1, @py)
        @move_failed = true
      end
    else
      super(turn_ok)
    end
  end
  def pixel_ml(turn_ok)
    if @force_dc
      if pixel_passable?(@px-Pixel,@py)
        turn_left
        @x -= 1
        @px -= Pixel
        @real_x = (@x+1)*256
        increase_steps
        @move_failed = false
      else
        turn_left if turn_ok
        check_touch(@px-1, @py)
        @move_failed = true
      end
    else
      super(turn_ok)
    end
  end
  def pixel_mu(turn_ok)
    if @force_dc
      if pixel_passable?(@px,@py-Pixel)
        turn_up
        @y -= 1
        @py -= Pixel
        @real_y = (@y+1)*256
        increase_steps
        @move_failed = false
      else
        turn_up if turn_ok
        check_touch(@px, @py-1)
        @move_failed = true
      end
    else
      super(turn_ok)
    end
  end
  def pixel_md(turn_ok)
    if @force_dc
      if pixel_passable?(@px,@py+Pixel)
        turn_down
        @y += 1
        @py += Pixel
        @real_y = (@y-1)*256
        increase_steps
        @move_failed = false
      else
        turn_down if turn_ok
        check_touch(@px, @py+1)
        @move_failed = true
      end
    else
      super(turn_ok)
    end
  end
end

class Game_Map
  alias apm_initialize initialize
  alias apm_setup setup
  def initialize
    apm_initialize
    @pixel_w = 0
    @pixel_h = 0
  end
  def setup(id)
    apm_setup(id)
    @pixel_w = Pixel_Core::Pixel*@map.width
    @pixel_h = Pixel_Core::Pixel*@map.height
  end
  def pixel_valid?(px,py)
    return (px >= 0 && px < @pixel_w && py >= 0 && py < @pixel_h)
  end
end

class Game_Vehicle < Game_Character
  alias apm_set_location set_location
  alias apm_sync_with_player sync_with_player
  def set_location(m,x,y)
    apm_set_location(m,x,y)
    if Maps.include?(m)
      @x = @x.to_f
      @y = @y.to_f
      @pixel = true
    else
      @pixel = false
    end
    @px = (@x*Pixel).to_i
    @py = (@y*Pixel).to_i
  end
  def sync_with_player
    apm_sync_with_player
    @px = $game_player.px
    @py = $game_player.py
  end
end

class Khas_Physics
  Axis = Pixel_Core::Axis
  Bush_Axis = Pixel_Core::Bush_Axis
  Pixel = Pixel_Core::Pixel
  Tile = Pixel_Core::Tile
  Counter_Axis = Pixel_Core::Counter_Axis
  def initialize
    @maps = {}
    @passages = load_data("Data/System.rvdata").passages
    run
  end
  def run
    size = []; phase = 0
    for i in 0...Pixel_Core::Maps.size
      size << (100*i)/Pixel_Core::Maps.size
    end
    warn = Sprite.new
    warn.bitmap = Bitmap.new(192,32)
    warn.y = 376
    for id in Pixel_Core::Maps
      warn.bitmap.clear
      warn.bitmap.draw_text(32,0,160,32,"Loading... #{size[phase]}%")
      Graphics.update; Graphics.wait(5)
      map = load_data(sprintf("Data/Map%03d.rvdata", id))
      @maps[id] = Table.new(map.width*Pixel,map.height*Pixel,6)
      for x in 0...(map.width*Pixel)
        for y in 0...(map.height*Pixel)
          @maps[id][x,y,0] = process_point(x*Tile+Axis[0],y*Tile+Axis[1],map,0x01)
          @maps[id][x,y,1] = process_point(x*Tile+Axis[0],y*Tile+Axis[1],map,0x02)
          @maps[id][x,y,2] = process_point(x*Tile+Axis[0],y*Tile+Axis[1],map,0x04)
          @maps[id][x,y,3] = process_point(x*Tile+Axis[0],y*Tile+Axis[1],map,0x08)
          @maps[id][x,y,4] = bush_point?(x*Tile+Bush_Axis[0],y*Tile+Bush_Axis[1],map)
          @maps[id][x,y,5] = counter_point?(x*Tile+Counter_Axis[0],y*Tile+Counter_Axis[1],map)
        end
      end
      phase += 1
    end
    warn.bitmap.clear
    warn.bitmap.draw_text(32,0,160,32,"Loading... 100%")
    Graphics.update; Graphics.wait(20)
    warn.bitmap.dispose; warn.dispose
    warn = nil
    Graphics.update
  end
  def process_point(x,y,map,flag)
    return 0 unless (x >= 0 && x < map.width && y >= 0 && y < map.height)
    return 0 unless free_tile?(x.to_i,y.to_i,map,flag)
    return 0 unless free_tile?((x+Axis[2]).to_i,y.to_i,map,flag)
    return 0 unless free_tile?(x.to_i,(y+Axis[3]).to_i,map,flag)
    return 0 unless free_tile?((x+Axis[2]).to_i,(y+Axis[3]).to_i,map,flag)
    return 1
  end
  def bush_point?(x,y,map)
    return 1 if (@passages[map.data[x.to_i,y.to_i,1]] & 0x40 == 0x40 rescue false)
    return 1 if (@passages[map.data[(x+Bush_Axis[2]).to_i,y.to_i,1]] & 0x40 == 0x40 rescue false)
    return 1 if (@passages[map.data[x.to_i,(y+Bush_Axis[3]).to_i,1]] & 0x40 == 0x40 rescue false)
    return 1 if (@passages[map.data[(x+Bush_Axis[2]).to_i,(y+Bush_Axis[3]).to_i,1]] & 0x40 == 0x40 rescue false)
    return 0
  end
  def counter_point?(x,y,map)
    return 1 if (@passages[map.data[x.to_i,y.to_i,0]] & 0x80 == 0x80 rescue false)
    return 1 if (@passages[map.data[(x+Counter_Axis[2]).to_i,y.to_i,0]] & 0x80 == 0x80 rescue false)
    return 1 if (@passages[map.data[x.to_i,(y+Counter_Axis[3]).to_i,0]] & 0x80 == 0x80 rescue false)
    return 1 if (@passages[map.data[(x+Counter_Axis[2]).to_i,(y+Counter_Axis[3]).to_i,0]] & 0x80 == 0x80 rescue false)
    return 0
  end
  def free_tile?(x,y,map,flag)
    for i in [2, 1, 0]
      tile_id = map.data[x, y, i]
      return false if tile_id == nil
      pass = @passages[tile_id]
      next if pass & 0x10 == 0x10
      return true if pass & flag == 0x00
      return false if pass & flag == flag
    end
    return false
  end
  def [](id)
    return @maps[id]
  end
end

if File.exists?("Khas Physics.rgss2a") && !(Pixel_Core::Force_Physics_Update && $TEST)
  tmf = File.open("Khas Physics.rgss2a", "rb")
  $physics = Marshal.load(tmf); tmf.close
else
  $physics = Khas_Physics.new
  tmf = File.open("Khas Physics.rgss2a", "wb")
  Marshal.dump($physics,tmf); tmf.close
end

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
If I recall this version correctly, there is a switch called "Caterpillar" that needs to be set to ON with an event.  I think its #23.  Im just goin with the basics, as Im not very good at most of the scripting language.

Rep:
Level 67
Eternal Newbie
You're partially correct. The switch by default is 23, you can redefine it on line 70 of the script

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
I've yet to see a single catepillar system or script that can deal with dead party members.  I'm no scripter myself, but anyone think of an easy way to deal with knocked out (dead) party members?  I really love how the Dragon's Quests games do it with little coffin images...

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
Geisha can has cheesburger?
I've yet to see a single catepillar system or script that can deal with dead party members.  I'm no scripter myself, but anyone think of an easy way to deal with knocked out (dead) party members?  I really love how the Dragon's Quests games do it with little coffin images...

Well, this script already uses events. So just put a condition inside the event of the party members that if actor has x state inflicted that his graphic will be changed, then set the else to change to the original graphic so it can change back when the state isn't inflicted. Pretty sure that'll work.

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
thanx, that's actually what I did...

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Well, I have a problem with SwapXT, not an error or anything, but the actual caterpillar doesn't work on SwapXT maps.

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 38
RMRK Junior
I had the same problem that affected neuromonster.
Spoiler for:
Hey, I've been trying to get this script and the autoparty add on to work, and I've got them running pretty smoothly, except when you load a saved game the followers that were generated prior to saving will just stand in the place they were in during the save and not move. This goes away as soon as you change maps but it looks really awkward. I was wondering if there was any way around it? Whenever I change something enough for the script to reinitialize or whatever the saves won't have this issue for at least one load, I think if there was a way to flip the activating switch off and on real quick every time you load a game it would work, I just have no idea how one would go about doing that.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

The solution of RavenTDA gave me an error.
And the solution what i found is this:

- You have to press F11(script editor) and go to "scenes", then "Scene_File".
- Go to the line 195 and paste this
$game_switches[23] = true

So, when you execute load, automaticly the switch 23 turn on, and the events (caterpillar) follow you again. (the DEMO used the switch 23)

I hope this will help to someone.
CYA later
KriZ

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Thanks for posting that here Kriz!