RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Gay or Straight?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
That didn't explain anything. Liking a penis is the same as liking a guy. They're only on men whether or not who it's attached to actually looks like a man or not. It's a sexual organ, if you're attracted to it, you're gay. There is no in between; there is no grey area, unless you can explain, which clearly, you cannot do. All you can do is "WAH, YOU'RE RETARDS BECAUSE YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME", and that's hardly a debate.

He likes dicks, but doesn't like men, so you're saying that he likes men that look like women that have dicks.?Those are still men. He likes them and is therefore gay.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Because he doesn't like dudes.

but he likes penis.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
That didn't explain anything. Liking a penus is the same as liking a guy.
Wrong. Rest of your post is invalid.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Sexual attraction is just that: sexual. I'm sorry, chewey, but you're wrong.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Male (?) refers to the sex of an organism, or part of an organism, which produces small mobile gametes, called spermatozoa.

Homosexuality is romantic or sexual attraction or behavior among members of the same sex.

Male is the same gender as Male
Male likes penus which only Male have.
thus
Male = Homosexual

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel

He likes dicks, but doesn't like men, so you're saying that he likes men that look like women that have dicks.?Those are still men. He likes them and is therefore gay.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
That didn't explain anything. Liking a penus is the same as liking a guy.

Liking a girl who got herself a dick makes you gay, then?
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
It has a functional dick, then yeah. Unless it's a strap-on, then it's weird, but then he'd be into chicks and like dildos.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Sexual attraction is just that: sexual. I'm sorry, chewey, but you're wrong.
This doesn't mean anything. At all.

Male (?) refers to the sex of an organism, or part of an organism, which produces small mobile gametes, called spermatozoa.

Homosexuality is romantic or sexual attraction or behavior among members of the same sex.

Male is the same gender as Male
Male likes penus which only Male have.
thus
Male = Homosexual
Liking penus is not the same as liking men. You're wrong. Stop trying to make it so simple when it's really, really not. Sexualities should not be strictly defined. If you want to quote the wiki article, you can't really cut out the tiny part that supports your argument when it's taken out of context. Here, read this:
As a sexual orientation, homosexuality refers to "an enduring pattern of or disposition to experience sexual, affectional, or romantic attractions primarily to" people of the same sex
This guy doesn't desire anything about men other than the occasional penis. This isn't homosexuality. This isn't bisexuality. It doesn't matter what it is.

It has a functional dick, then yeah. Unless it's a strap-on, then it's weird, but then he'd be into chicks and like dildos.
Derp.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 06:49:02 AM by chewey »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
You're not even debating anything. You're only telling us we're wrong when you cannot support anything you say. The only way I could agree with you is if the guy had an obsession with phallic objects in general and not just a man's dick, because then his obsession isn't sexual as much as it is just an obsession with a sexual looking shape.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
You're not even debating anything. You're only telling us we're wrong when you cannot support anything you say. The only way I could agree with you is if the guy had an obsession with phallic objects in general and not just a man's dick, because then his obsession isn't sexual as much as it is just an obsession with a sexual looking shape.
It's hard to debate with "a dick is a dick" and "sexual attraction is sexual attraction." That really doesn't mean anything at all.

I debated with NAM. Please reread what I said.

You're an idiot if you think being attracted to a woman with a penus means you're gay.

There you go, post explained. I hope you realise none of your arguments have amounted to anything more "LIKING penus MEANS YOU'RE GAY YOU'RE WRONG" so you cannot really question my arguments.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 07:21:59 AM by chewey »

Professional Badass
Rep:
Level 82
I will make you hurt

Yeaaah, no.

Sex: Genitalia.

The two are separate. Saying "gay" is not reliable because one, gay means attracted to all characteristics of men. A gay man does not look for large breasts or hips, or heavily feminized features. Nor does a lesbian just look for women and expect them to be men in terms of everything but vagina.

That would be idiotic and contradictory.

Therefore it is not GAY, even though it is male-male. It is NOT, however, man-man. Because male is a sex and man is a gender. A transgender (my fetish) is male but a woman. It's just like the relationship between a straight male and straight female and they act the same.

Socially, then, it is still straight, and in most physical ways it is straight. I could fool people in this thread with transgender that look so much like female sexed persons you'd question yourself. So, calling it gay is really contradictory except for, of course, the penis aspect. But you cannot define it socially as gay because the roles are straight, and most of the characteristics are from the straight side of the fence.
I make my bed on remains of dead-eyed angels,
In the depths of Tartarus,
Where I lay in passion with Echidna
Giving birth to shapes both twisted and great.

Rep:
Level 94
If you like dicks and not vaginas, you're gay. Better face it now.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Are you trolling or are you really just this awful?

Rep:
Level 94
It's not awful, man. It's just true.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I think he's just trolling
:taco: :taco: :taco:

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Well, I hope so anyway.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I am failing to understand how it's not homosexual to want to have sex with someone who has the same reproductive organs as you, considering that's what homosexuality is.

Yeaaah, no.

The two are separate. Saying "gay" is not reliable because one, gay means attracted to all characteristics of men. A gay man does not look for large breasts or hips, or heavily feminized features. Nor does a lesbian just look for women and expect them to be men in terms of everything but uhu.

That would be idiotic and contradictory.

Therefore it is not GAY, even though it is male-male. It is NOT, however, man-man. Because male is a sex and man is a gender. A transgender (my fetish) is male but a woman. It's just like the relationship between a straight male and straight female and they act the same.

Socially, then, it is still straight, and in most physical ways it is straight. I could fool people in this thread with transgender that look so much like female sexed persons you'd question yourself. So, calling it gay is really contradictory except for, of course, the penus aspect. But you cannot define it socially as gay because the roles are straight, and most of the characteristics are from the straight side of the fence.

Social aspect doesn't define sexuality, the uh SEX aspect does.  You know, hence the word SEXuality.

From where I'm sitting, it looks like you're trying to convince yourself that liking dick and not vagina isn't gay.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 02:51:11 PM by NAMKCOR »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\

Yeaaah, no.

Wow, way to incorrectly define each word. You're just making that up now. Gender is the same thing as sex. Oh wait, here, let me quote actual sources:
Spoiler for:
Quote from: From dictionary.com
gen·der    (j?n'd?r)   
n. 
Grammar

A grammatical category used in the classification of nouns, pronouns, adjectives, and, in some languages, verbs that may be arbitrary or based on characteristics such as sex or animacy and that determines agreement with or selection of modifiers, referents, or grammatical forms.

One category of such a set.

The classification of a word or grammatical form in such a category.

The distinguishing form or forms used.

The condition of being female or male; sex.

Females or males considered as a group: expressions used by one gender.

Sexual identity, especially in relation to society or culture.

The condition of being female or male; sex.

Females or males considered as a group: expressions used by one gender.

Quote from: From Cultural Dictionary
A grammatical category indicating the sex, or lack of sex, of nouns and pronouns. The three genders are masculine, feminine, and neuter. He is a masculine pronoun; she is a feminine pronoun; it is a neuter pronoun. Nouns are classified by gender according to the gender of the pronoun that can substitute for them. In English, gender is directly indicated only by pronouns.

Quote from: From Word Origin & History
c.1300, from O.Fr. gendre, from stem of L. genus (gen. generis) "kind, sort, gender," also "sex" (see genus); used to translate from Gk. Aristotle's grammatical term genos. As sex took on erotic qualities in 20c., gender came to be used for "sex of a human being," often in feminist writing with reference to social attributes as much as biological qualities; this sense first attested 1963. Gender-bender is first attested 1980, with reference to pop star David Bowie.

OH WOW THIS ONE LITERALLY SAYS GENDER = SEX
Quote from: From Medical Dictionary
Main Entry: gen·der
Pronunciation: 'jen-d&r
Function: noun
1 : SEX 1
2 : the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex

Quote from: The Medical Dictionary cont.
gender gen·der (j?n'd?r)
n.

The sex of an individual, male or female, based on reproductive anatomy.

Sexual identity, especially in relation to society or culture.

OH WAIT WHAT DOES ALL THIS MEAN? It means, if you have a functional DICK you are a MAN. If you were a woman and got a dick, you are NOW a man. So yes chewey, wanting to be someone who looks like a woman, while clothed, but has male reproductive organs, and is a man, makes you gay.

Now, before you go on all about transgenders, you take this two ways. Either a transgender is a person who, at the time, currently has both reproductive organs, or has 1 set but looks like the opposite (very very often in this case they would prefer to have their gender referred to as the gender they think they should be: ie, a woman ops to have a penis, loses the vagina, and although looks like a woman, he prefers to be called a man.) So in the case of transgenders, you're either both or one or the other, and in this debate, both means nothing. There's no point to even discuss this anyways, unless you just feel like arguing more for no reason poking for new ways to be wrong.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
>Implying he said he hates vaginas or women
>Implying he said he would have sex with men

Yeah, you're all not too bright. Basically what it boils down to is this guys preferred sexual partner is a male-to-female transgendered person who still has a penis. If you think this is gay, or that it can be strictly defined as any of the three typical sexualities (hetero, homo, bi) you're all beyond help. Try reading what he said next time, though.

Derp derp derp.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
>Implying he said he hates vaginas or women

For me, feminine features are pretty much what I like, except of course the genitalia.

>Implying he said he would have sex with men

penis fetish

Yeah, you're all not too bright. Basically what it boils down to is this guys preferred sexual partner is a male-to-female transgendered person who still has a penus. If you think this is gay, or that it can be strictly defined as any of the three typical sexualities (hetero, homo, bi) you're all beyond help. Try reading what he said next time, though.

Derp derp derp.

a man engages in sexual intercourse with a human being with a penis (man).  homosexual intercourse. (gay)
a man engaegs in sexual interourse with a human being witha  vagina (woman) heterosexual intercourse. (straight)

also bisexual just means the person likes both sets of genitalia, personal preference has nothing to do with the classification of sexuality, as it is subjective and thus unable to define.  however the sexual acts themselves -can- be defined based on the sex of the people involved.

Penis + Penis = Gay

Professional Badass
Rep:
Level 82
I will make you hurt
Where NAMKOR and Chewey seem to miss the point is that your sources are really vague hunks of information.

Let me point out what I am saying here, with my own source. Wikipedia.

Quote from: Wikipedia Gender Differences. Gender vs. sex.
One's sex is determined by genetic codes:

* One's biological features are programmed by these codes.
        * We use these biological features to classify male and female sex.
        * These features include differences in external genitalia and internal sex organs, hormones, percentage of body fat, muscles, amount of body hair and brain development.
        * Regardless of gender assignment surgery, sex is permanent.
        * Sex is an individual property.

One's gender is more complex than one's sex:

* Individuals are not born with a gender, only stronger or weaker predispositions for a gender.
        * Sex determines how likely a person is to fit the gender-role, but not a guarantee.
        * The meaning of gender is neither universal nor stable.[1]
        * Gender refers to a culture's meaning for sex.
        * Gender is partially constructed by society, while sex is entirely biological.
        * Each culture prescribes meanings for one's sex, assigning them certain qualities, activities and identities.
        * These meanings are embedded into the fabric of each culture's social life.
        * Each culture perceives these meanings as "natural" or "right".
        * We constantly receive messages within our culture reinforcing these messages.
        * We often adopt the gender that our culture has assigned to us based on our sex.
        * Although it doesn't always happen, these social prescriptions generally succeed to ensure most females will become feminine and most males will become masculine.

This is all I am talking about, people. I don't define a "man" or "guy" as someone who has a male sex (genitalia). What we call a MAN in our society reflects our culture. If our culture treated transgenders like men WHICH WE DO NOT, then yeah, I'd say the person is a man. In some cultures they have FIVE genders! Five.

So, by the strict definition, you could call it homosexual, I will concede this, but not gay, because gay men are as a norm interested in other gay men! Not people who look like women in nearly all ways. I have a gay friend and he can't stand transgender at all. For him IT REMINDS HIM TOO MUCH OF WOMEN which he does not like.

And NAMKOR, way to presume about what I would do. I could have sex with a woman. I just prefer her other characteristics more than her vagina. Also, I doubt I'd be comfortable having sex with a man, because they are as a rule for the most part too ugly. XD I'm not kidding here. Guys are ugly besides their junk, and I just wouldn't see myself get involved. My penis fetish involves the transgender almost exclusively. They look and act like women, people. Sheesh. Not that "hard" to get I hope?
o
Transgenders are male, but not a cultural man and have many biologically female traits through hormones. I'm culturally straight, biologically homosexual.

I make my bed on remains of dead-eyed angels,
In the depths of Tartarus,
Where I lay in passion with Echidna
Giving birth to shapes both twisted and great.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
If you'd sleep with a man or a woman, you're bisexual then.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
P.S. wikipedia is one of the worse sources ever for actual research. Fail.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
P.S.S. I used wikipedia links earlier.

so...
Where NAMKOR and Chewey seem to miss the point is that your sources are really vague hunks of information.