RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Phantasia-esque CMS 1.0

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
You could use an alternative, their (Z). No need for gender discrimination.
Also, I think MA's eventing idea is better. Scene work isn't my best area and he's not only a scripting god; he's an eventing genius.
And yours isn't my only request at the moment, it would take me a while to get to it. I think it'd be better for everyone if you event it.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
"Their" is still not gramatically correct (at least not in Canada), though it has been making some headway in recent years. In any case, "actor" would still not be gender-neutral, and since I'm already using actor/actress then, it is more consistent style to use his/her.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 05:33:11 PM by modern algebra »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
This is a topic about one of your amazing CMSs, not a debate about the development of modern grammar. Shall we take that elsewhere?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
Well, you have two options:

(1) wait for Pacman to write a scene for it in that topic
(2) have it call a common event instead and show the picture in the common event.

If the latter, you would simply make a common event that should look essentially like (Note: if already using Picture Label 1 to show something else, use a different label):

@>Show Picture: 1, IGMap
@>Loop
  @>Set Move Route: Player
    :                      $>Wait: 6 Frames
  @>Wait: 6 frames
  @>Conditional Branch: Button B is pressed
    @>Break Loop
    @>
   : Branch End
  @>Conditional Branch: Button C is pressed
    @>Break Loop
    @>
   : Branch End
  @>
 : Repeat Above
Erase Picture: 1
Open Menu Scene
@>

Then, in the script, just follow the instructions to add a common event call. In other words, do this (assuming it has not already been edited in any way. If it has, you need to pic an ID for the new one that isn't already used -- again, as per the instructions):

Code: [Select]

0 => ["Vocab::item", 144, "$game_party.members.empty?", false, Scene_Item],
    1 => ["Vocab::skill", 128, "$game_party.members.empty?", true, Scene_Skill],
    2 => ["Vocab::equip", 51, "$game_party.members.empty?", true, Scene_Equip],
    3 => ["Vocab::status", 137, "$game_party.members.empty?", true, Scene_Status],
    4 => ["Vocab::save", 133, "$game_system.save_disabled", false, Scene_File,
            "true, false, false"],
    5 => ["Vocab::game_end", 179, -1, false, Scene_End]

And you would change it to this:

"true, false, false"],
    5 => ["Vocab::game_end", 179, -1, false, Scene_End],
    6 => ["Map", 153, -1, false, X]

(NOTE how I added that comma after the 5 => line)

The X before the bracket you would replace with the ID of the common event you made. IE, if you made the common event in the first slot of the common event tab, that line would be:

6 => ["Map", 153, -1, false, 1]

If in the second:

6 => ["Map", 153, -1, false, 2]

ETC...

Note that this method would stop the player from moving but other events on the map would still be active. If you wanted to prevent that, wait for Pacman to finish the script you requested.

i seem to be bothering you allot on this one topic, and i tested this, its awesome, but anyway is there a way to insert a button on the menu that calls the common event in this, or do i just have to live with putting map billboards up everywhere?
Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
i seem to be bothering you allot on this one topic, and i tested this, its awesome, but anyway is there a way to insert a button on the menu that calls the common event in this, or do i just have to live with putting map billboards up everywhere?

Umm, that's what you quoted. It's:
[quote author=modern algebra link=topic=35085.msg494092#msg494092 date=1312395913]
Then, in the script, just follow the instructions to add a common event call. In other words, do this (assuming it has not already been edited in any way. If it has, you need to pic an ID for the new one that isn't already used -- again, as per the instructions):

[code]

"true, false, false"],
    5 => ["Vocab::game_end", 179, -1, false, Scene_End]

And you would change it to this:

"true, false, false"],
    5 => ["Vocab::game_end", 179, -1, false, Scene_End],
    6 => ["Map", 153, -1, false, X]

(NOTE how I added that comma after the 5 => line)

The X before the bracket you would replace with the ID of the common event you made.
[/quote]

All you would then need to do is put 6 in the Command List. So, instead of:

COMMANDLIST = [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]

It would be something like:

COMMANDLIST = [0, 1, 2, 3, 6, 4, 5]

Rep:
Level 63
:3
Would it be possible to modify this script to mimic Phantasy Star III's menu? ^^;; It's very close to what I've been looking for.

Screenshot:

Adan would be the first character, then Mieu, Wren, and followed by Gwyn. The last (empty) box is reserved for the fifth character.
When life gives you lemons~

Rep:
Level 71
It would require a lot of windows to be moved as well as delete the part with characters and add faces instead which could take a while. Not only that but this is not the place to request this, try here http://rmrk.net/index.php/board,101.0.html.

Rep:
Level 63
:3
Oh, I understood that. I meant no offense, but this just struck a cord with me, or so to speak. ^^; More or less, it was a question asked out of curiosity since the two systems look incredibly similar to me (and I wouldn't have been offended if I was told a simple, "No, it's not something that interests me," or "It can't be done."). =P

However, I'll give requesting the script I had in mind a shot. :) Thank you very much.

EDIT: Is it possible to move the windows/actor positions, or would that be a bit of work to modify this script?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 02:25:07 AM by Wimpy »
When life gives you lemons~

Rep:
Level 71
I'm pretty sure that this script is in compatible with Omega 7's world map script. When I add the menu option to it I get an error message at start up stating a no method error involving the players location on the world map. If the menu option is not there how ever then I receive no error. Though I have not tried to open it via event.