RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(resolved) item changes you back to the player

Rep:
Level 83
its proven bananas should have weapons
OK ill try to be precise :)

I'm making a game when you can buy a car which is a item that has a common event so you can drive it (it changes the player into a car sprite) the question i want to ask is:

how do i make the item change you back to your player when the item is selected from menu second time?

similar to the bike system in Pokemon games

any help will be appreciated :D

thank you the people that helped  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 07:08:10 PM by ryanpokekool »
if you spot a banana look after it we have to stop banana abuse...

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
Well, to be honest, there are alot of different ways to do this. But (understand i'm at college, and don't have RMXP with me, so bare with ME) i'd say put in your common event a switch, Car switch. when you become the car, the switch should be on. make a condictional branch within your common event, that when the car switch is on...next time they select the car item in your menu, have a message asking if they want to walk...have a show choices, yes or no. in the 'yes' branch, make it the sprite switch back to the character. then have the switch turn off. Oh and the 'no' you can put some message or something, but i sugest not to. this is pretty simple. if i don't make sense check the spolier, i tryed to map it out for you... i hope it works...haha.

Spoiler for:

YOUR COMMON EVENT
(lets say this line is the last one in the event. the one that makes your character the car)
Switch: Car Switch = On
conditional Branch: Car switch = On
Do you want to walk?
     Show choices: Yes, No
         Yes:
             Move Event: Player
                            :Change Grapic: (what ever your Characters grapic is)
            Switch: Car Switch = Off
        No:

Else
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?

Rep:
Level 83
I made a small demo for the people that still don't understand. You will probably understand it, but for the people that don't: I added some comments.