RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(request) real time timer

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
hello,i'm making an mmorpg and i was wondering if there was a way to set the the timer to wot time u log on at and when the timer gets to a certain point,the time of day changes.
no

By Kraft

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
It kinda easy...haha. But it really depends on how far you want to go. but i'll try to help. So first of all, i sugest that this be in a common event, it wouldbe dumb not to put it in there. Ok so here we go. so you need some Var.s!! One for Sec.s, Min.s, Hours. (like i siad it depends on how far and complex you want it) So 20 frames is = to 1 sec. so if you want your days to noraml you can apply real logic. but if you want shorted days (i sugest it) then you may have to do some math. By the way i'd like to add you should use the search you can find tuts on things like this all over. but i feel like helping...so...yeah...ok so in the comment event that were going to call day/night, you need to put a wait command. for 20 frames. then under that add a 1 in the Sec. Var.

so now here comes the Conditional branches. make a conditional branch that says when

conitional branch: Var. Sec.s == 60
Var.: Min.s += 1
Var.: Sec.s == 0
Else

now we need a conditional branch for Hours

conitional branch: Var.: Min.s == 60
Var.: Hours += 1
Var. Min.s == 0
Else

Hours conitional Branch.

conitional branch: Var.: hours == 12
Change Tint: 183, 183, 183, 0
Hours
Else

Only a few more...

conitional branch: Var.: Hours == 24
Change Tint: 255, 255, 255, 255
Var.: Hours == 0

Else

i don't have RMXP with me so i don't know if the tint will look good or not.
also, i might of missed something, if i did, tell me. i'm pretty sure i'm ok...but you never know. Good Luck man!
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?