RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Beyond the Ocean [Working Title]

Rep:
Level 88
Beyond the Ocean

I'll, uh... Come up with a better title later. >.>

Yep, I'm attempting yet another game idea, which will no doubt fail like all the others. :tpg: This game has some heavy influences from the online game "Mabinogi". Most of the characters in this are my own from that game.

Story
Adan has finally arrived at the continent of Iria. As an archeologist, he plans to investigate the many ruins of the land, and hopefully not get killed in the war that going on between the elves and giants. This game will chronicle his many adventures alongside his new friends.
(Yes, I know that's REALLY short, but to be honest, that's pretty much the best summary I can give.)

Characters
Name: Adan
Race: Human
Combat Role: Support
Bio: He was raised in a wealthy family in Emain Macha and grew up always wanting to explore. His father was a famous archeologist, so he naturally followed in his footsteps. He left his family in Emain Macha and moved to Dunbarton, where he studied the many books in the grand library there. When the new continent of Iria was discovered, Adan caught the first boat there.
He has a strong sense of leadership, a keen eye, and a passion for adventure. However, he is a bit awkward, and tends to become absorbed into what he's currently focusing on.

Name: Ray
Race: Human
Combat Role: Defence
Bio: A childhood friend and rival of Adan. He was typically the one to bail Adan out of the many predicaments he manged to get into. He is from a family of warriors and knights, and as such, he was pressured into becoming one as well. He had extreme amounts of talent and was one of the youngest to ever become a recognized Paladin. He has accompanied Adan on his journey to help provide support for the new colony there.
He's talented and is always willing to fight for others. However, he sometimes unknowingly gets overambitious and ends up failing because of it.

Name: Deiune
Race: Elf
Combat Role: Offence
Bio: He was raised in a proud family of elves. However, because of the war with the giants, he lost his parents and was left to take care of his sister at a young age. He was more than willing to help in the war, and he fights with all his strength. He's an unconventional elf in that he prefers melee weapons, but that is just one more clue to his rash attitude.
He is hot-headed and close-minded. He's suspicious of others, but will help almost anyone with a problem. He's a great ally in battle.

Name: Selentia
Race: Elf
Combat Role: Offence
Bio: She is Deiune's younger sister. Ever since her parents were killed, she has only wished for one thing: Peace between the elves and giants. As any sort of idea of peace between the two races is supremely looked down upon, she has been somewhat cast aside. Her brother had to force her to join the Filia City Guard. She has purposely failed the training test in order to not have to fight.
She is naive, emotional, and overall the perfect picture of the "good girl". However, she has amazing combat skills, and doesn't realize it.

Name: Dulstaft
Race: Giant
Combat Role: Defence
Bio: He is the only remaining member of his family. He sees no reason to participate in the war, and would rather spend his days as a humble hunter. He rarely stays in his home of Vale, as he usually stays miles away in small caves, tracking animals.
He's strong-willed and a great tactician. He a bit of a hermit though.

Features
This game won't be very combat-oriented. It will focus more around puzzle solving and the story. If I am able to, I plan to make all the sprites myself, although I may try to recruit someone. I will be doing all the art, though.

Screenshots
~To come eventually~

Credits
Mabinogi, for inspiration and for being actually fun
The members of Guardia, for letting me use their characters

At the moment, this is still in the planning stages. I'm trying to figure out what all I'll need and if I need anyone else to help me do it.

My plan with this was to give my characters a story, and make a game that's just about a group of travelers and their random adventures. To be honest, the characters in this aren't "heroes". They aren't out to save the world. They probably won't even end the war. I just wanted to make a game that focused on the characters.

That is all.