RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Unlimited Actors Custom Menu System

Rep:
Level 81
Can you post what line the error occurs on?

Rep:
Level 81
i why  ..........

Rep:
Level 88
hello there i got an error on line  3014. It says : NoMethodError occured. undefined method ยด[]' for nil:NilClass i got this in version 2 of the script. It wont open the menu and crash.
How can this be fixed please?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 10:32:40 AM by patmi »

Rep: +0/-0Level 78
RMRK Junior
Hi, I really love this menu system. I love the way the menus are laid out. But I have a question. I don't really need a bestiary but I'd really like to add a mission or quest log instead. I've got a quest log system I like and have been able to add it to the menu in the regular menu system. But I'd like to use this menu script since it's so much better than the default. So is there a way that I can remove the Bestiary option and replace it with the option to go to the questlog script that I have?

Thanks so much.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
yes there is XD
whats the call script for the quest log.
and, if you happen to have the copy of this menu system that you're using, could you attach it as a txt file XD

RMRK Junior
Hi. this is the script to call the quest log:

Code: [Select]
$scene = Scene_Quest.new

And here's the txt file of the menu script that I want to use. I want to actually get rid of the bestiary and have the option of turning off the formation (though I know that's kind of the point of the script, but what I really want is to have the main character, the ship's captain to stay the head one.) Although I haven't experimented with the formation part of the script. So maybe that's possible and I just need to look it over more carefully. Anyway, thanks for the help!

Rep:
Level 85
bang :D

finished

that fixes you're menu problem
as for that formation issue, i'm dont know how to do that XD

RMRK Junior
Wow. That works great! Thanks!  ;D

RMRK Junior
I have another question and I'm wondering if it's possible to do. Here's a screenshot of how the menu system looks currently:

Spoiler for:

Now I like the look of how each menu choice is in it's own box, but it throws off my mouse script so that the actual selection doesn't match up with the mouse position. I think the mouse script expects all the menu choices to be right next to each other in one box, if that makes sense. So what I'm wondering is, is it possible to change the menu script so that each menu choice in one box instead of it's own little box? Or would that be a pain to do?

It's not the end of the world if it can't be done but I also wanted to add a menu option for that achievement script somebody made, and there's no room with the current way the menu is spaced out. So also if someone could help me add that menu option or tell me on what line in the script, approx., that it should be added, I'd appreciate it too.

I've attached to menu script I'm using. The script for adding the achievements is:

$scene = Scene_Achievements.new

Thanks so much.

Rep:
Level 85
adding a another button should be piece of cake (THE CAKE IS A LIE :P)

i will try to get on that soon, if not now, then this weekend.

However :/
I don't really understand what else youwanted

RMRK Junior
That's ok, it was kind of hard to explain. If you look at the picture I posted, each menu option (eg., Status, Quest Log, Formation, etc.) has it's own little window box with a border around it. I like that look, but because the original menu had all the options inside a single window box with a border around them all. It wouldn't be a big deal but because the extra borders around each menu option space the options farther apart than in the regular menu screen that my mouse script doesn't work well with this menu script. Sorry, this probably isn't making sense. Here's a picture of how it is currently:

Here's a concept of how I was wondering if the menu could be changed to. You notice that all the menu options are in one box with a big frame around all of them as opposed to the first image where each one has it's own frame around it. I hope that makes sense. It's kind of hard to explain it.

But if you can't do that part, it's ok. If you can add the Achievements option to the menu that'd be awesome. Thanks so much!  :D

RMRK Junior
Yay! I figured out how to script everything in today. I couldn't have done it without looking how you added the quest option for me. I still need to tweak it a bit but I'm pretty proud I was able to figure it out. Thanks for all your help. This CMS is really awesome! I love it.  ;D

RMRK Junior
Sorry for posting so much. I've managed to get most everything the way I want but there is a problem I'm having with the Party_Size script. For my game I want the main player to be the Captain of a warship and all the other characters are his crew. I love that I can have a large crew and decide who will go with the captain on away missions. The problem I'm having right now is that it's possible to swap the main character out of the battle party and not even use him.

I was wondering if it's possible to adjust the script so that there's the option for not allowing the player to swap out the main character from being in first place in the party. Sorry for being a bother. I've attached the script. This is by far my favorite CMS script. It's really great work. Thanks so much.

Rep:
Level 85
hmmm, i can't help you out much until i finish exams this week, go look at all the other cms scripts...i swear there's one that makes one player permanently in the system, find it, and look in it and try to see what is done, then try to mirror that in the actual cms.

RMRK Junior
Thanks so much for the idea. I found the original party changer script by Fomar and he had an add on that allowed you to lock a character in the main party. All I had to do was add the script below the Party_Size script and change the part where it says 4 for battle party size, to six in order to match the other formation script. This works great. For anyone else who's interested in this feature of locking certain main characters I hope it's ok to post Fomar's add on script so no one else has to go searching for it.

Spoiler for:
# By Fomar0153
# By default this forces the player to always have to have Hilda in the battle party (8th character).
# @locked = [8]
# Is the line you need to change to affect the defualt party. Other than that
# $game_party.locked.push(1) # As if you'd lock Aluxes
# $game_party.locked.delete(1) # That's more like it
#

class Game_Party

attr_accessor   :locked

alias locked_initialize initialize
  def initialize
    locked_initialize
    @locked = [1]
  end

end

class Scene_Menu

alias locked_update update
  def update
    if @locked_window != nil
      if Input.trigger?(Input::B) or Input.trigger?(Input::C)
        @locked_window.dispose
        @locked_window = nil
      end
      return
    end
    locked_update
  end

alias locked_update_command update_command
  def update_command
    if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
      if $game_party.locked == [] or $game_party.actors.size <= 6 or $game_party.locked.size > 6
        $game_system.se_play($data_system.cancel_se)
        $scene = Scene_Map.new
        return
      end
      locked = $game_party.locked.clone
      for i in 0...6
        locked.delete($game_party.actors[i].id)
      end
      if locked == []
        $game_system.se_play($data_system.cancel_se)
        $scene = Scene_Map.new
      else
        $game_system.se_play($data_system.buzzer_se)
        @locked_window = Locked.new($game_actors[locked[0]])
      end
      return
    end
    locked_update_command
  end

end

class Locked < Window_Base

def initialize(actor)
    super(((640 - 460)/2), ((480 - 70)/2), 460, 70)
    self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, height - 32)
    self.z = 5000
    @actor = actor
    refresh
  end

def refresh
    self.contents.clear
    text = @actor.name + ' needs to be in the active party'
    self.contents.draw_text(4, 0, 460, 32, text)
  end
end

Rep:
Level 85
yay you found it : D
thats the one i was thinking about, great job!

RMRK Junior
Thanks  ;D And thanks for all your help. I'm slowly starting to get a feel for how scripting works, and I really love it.

RMRK Junior
Hi. The more I use this CMS and compare it to others the more I like it. But I was wondering. I'm use Mousie! The mouse system, and it works perfect with the cms except for in the items screen. The categories and the fact you have to use the down arrow to access the items. So it won't work with the mouse input. I've tried adjusting it myself but haven't been successful. It might be hard to make it work with Mousie System and keep the categories, but is there any way we could have a plug in script that replaces the fancy items menu in the CMS with a simple one that works with the mouse script? Thank you so much. Oh, and I've attached to script I'm using. Let me know if I need to attach the mouse scripts.

Rep:
Level 85
like one that is a generic inventory script?

RMRK Junior
Yes. Just like that. Or perhaps just like it is now, but without the categories.  Of course, if I could have anything, I'd have one like Blizzards CMS that allows sorting and stuff, but that's too much trouble and I don't want to ask so much. You've been so kind to help. I've tried to get rid of the categories myself, and almost had it but then it stopped working all together. I basically changed it so that instead of the Up and Down arrows it used B and C so that it would work with the mouse.

So I guess to make a long story short ( too late ) just a simple item screen like the default or maybe like it is in the CMS just without categories.  Thanks so much for taking the trouble.

Rep:
Level 85
well :/

I have a few things that you can try

Move the windowitem  script underneath the entire menu

actually just one thing
the other option is to comment out all things pertaining to the menu

Ima take a look at it later

can you send me the mouse script your using

RMRK Junior
Sure. I'm sorry to be so much trouble. :/  I'll keep trying to figure it out. Here's the mouse scripts I'm using. I hope it works ok to upload the demo. There's icons and stuff that come with it. Again, sorry to be so much trouble. Thank you for the help and I'll try to do the first thing you suggested.

Edit: I tried putting the windowitem script beneath the entire menu and it didn't work. But I've almost got it working. Here's the latest version of the script. I commented out a bunch of stuff. The categories don't show up now which I wanted. The only thing I messed up is that now when I click on an item it won't use it or do anything. So like clicking on a potion doesn't do anything. Here's the latest script.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 02:59:53 PM by outlandish »

Rep:
Level 85
Got it, Move SCENEITEM script below the menu XD
its a temp fix, but I believe it works

RMRK Junior
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It works perfect now  ;D Thank you so much for your help!

Rep:
Level 82
Heya. I'm getting an error on line 1931 that says "NoMethodError occured. undefined method `update' for nil:NilClass"