RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
new area features

Rep:
Level 83
Area plus
Version : 1.0 by dricc

You know about areas in rpg maker VX ? Yes , it is not very useful .

So i add 3 more features :
- The name of the area you're currently in is now displayed (only the first one if you are in two areas) .

(Translation : Traveller's street)
Of course , if the hero is not in an area , nothing is displayed .
- If you put "[AREA]" in the name of the event and put this event in random move , the event will never go out the area .
This is based of the name of the area , so if you have 2 areas with exactly the same name , the event can move in both .
In the demo , some soldiers are affected to specific streets .
- The event can tell you in what area he is .

In this exemple , the variable 25 contains the name of the area .

Features to come :
- a variable length for the area window .
- Disable the area window for some maps
- possibility to display the name of the map if the player is not in any areas .
- possibility to trigger a common event when the player enter an area (this will be fine for water-type areas)

Demo and scripts :
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=adc3fc04709adce94c17ca8801618ef7e04e75f6e8ebb871

PS : sorry , the demo is not fully translated . Ask me if you don't understand something .
PS2 : sorry for the mapping in the demo , i made this quickly ...

Version 1.1 :
Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?ltxtzdonmv4

New features :
- Can enable/disable encounters in an area .
- Can switch encounters in 2 areas
- Can put a switch on in 3 case : when you entered for the first time in an area , each time you entered in an area , each time you go out an area . In my demo , try to go on water ... try also the horse .
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 12:03:38 PM by dricc »
You can use my scripts freely . but not for commercial use .
:ccbync:
Don't encrypt your game !!!
Want to give me credit ? Easy ,add me in your game :

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This looks quite useful dricc. Nice job!

I particularly like the popup name window for the area, though it might not be a bad idea to have an option for that window to disappear after a couple seconds.

In any case, it looks like a nice script. Thank you for sharing.

Rep:
Level 83
Ok , i release a 1.1 version (in the frist post) .
The name of areas is not translated but all events and the comments in the scripts are .

I got a lot of trouble with the area window . I would like to make a fading ... not simple . I am still working on it , I will maybe ask for help .

EDIT : lol , i just noticed that something like that already exists :
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,25247.0.html
well , not exactly the same ...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 12:13:37 PM by dricc »
You can use my scripts freely . but not for commercial use .
:ccbync:
Don't encrypt your game !!!
Want to give me credit ? Easy ,add me in your game :

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RPGVX Advanced (I Do Not Script Tough)
got an error with  this part

def set_var_area_name(var_id)
     $game_variables[var_id] = area_name_cur
     if  $game_variables[var_id]  == 0
       id = $game_map.map_id
       if area_name_cur != nil
       $game_variables[var_id]  = $Data_Maps.values[id].name
     else
      $game_variables[var_id]  = $game_map.name''''This Line
       end
       end
   end

Do You Know IF It Fixeble? If Yes,Ill Be Very Happy Cuz This IS A Very Nice Script ;8