RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMXP Simple Fast Banking System Tutorial (Lot of Features)!

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.

Banking Ease
Version: 1.0
Author: Kidfox70
Date: August 12, 2009

Version History

• Version 1.0 Is nice and quick. Making it is Simple. The player will be in and out.

Description

Ok so this is my First Tutorial. I’m doing it on a Banking System that I made up. I searched for Banking Systems on here, I found a few. But they are both long and complex. One of them you have to make your Gold as a Variable. Your Gold being a Variable is kind of lame, I mean you can’t even check to see how much money you have on hand unless you go to an Event that allows you to check. My Banking System is simple and you can do a whole lot. Deposit money, Withdraw money, and Gather Interest. I’m also going to have some suggestions at the end of the Tutorial, things I’ve done to make the Banking System more real and or convenient.  Basically you’re going to make two Events and two Common Event. You’ll also need to make an Item, a Credit Card. So what we’re going to tackle first is the Credit Card. When you’re done with all this and you make an account your Player will get a Credit Card that will allow you to use any ATM and help you remember what your Pin Number is. The Pin Number will be given to you after you make an Account and it is VERY important, with out it…you can’t get into your Account, but well get back to that in a minute.

The Credit Card has to be an Item. You have to name it Credit Card (OR Bank Card, ATM Card, or something to that effect); the icon can be what you want. Description can be what you want. Make it usable only through Menu and no Target. Obviously non-consumable. Next we go to the Common Event Tab. We have to make a Common Event. Call it Pin Number. This would be a good time to make all the Variables you’ll need for this WHOLE Banking System. I suggest to get a pen and paper to write them down as well so you can keep track of them, all six of them. Your numbers may differ from mine, but the names should most defiantly be the same. The numbers are very, very important. You’ll know why here in a minute if you don’t already know. So to do this, make a Command to change a Variable. Open the screen and type in your Variable names. Here are the names and the number that I used to correspond them:

01: Pin Number
02: Current Bank
03: Current Money
04: Enter Code
05: Deposit
06: Withdraw

Once the six Variables are made exit out of the Command completely. Because in this Common Event there should only be one Command. Something (a Message) to remind the Player what there Pin Number is. Now the only Command you have to put here is this:

Spoiler for:
<>Show Message: Your Pin Number is \v[####: Pin Number].

The \v[####] is referencing to the Variable Pin Number. The ‘####’ is referring to the number the Variable Pin Number is, so if you where looking at my Event it would read like this:

<>Show Message: Your Pin Number is \v[1].

When you make an Account you’ll get a Pin Number and your Credit Card will always know what it is from then on. Sorry if I’m going in too much detail, I just want you to understand what is happening, because I use \v[####] a lot. Next go back to the Item Tab and make the Credit Card have a Common Event of Pin Number, and now your done! You have Made a Credit card!

So now that your Card is made we can start on the Bank System. Now after you made your map of the Bank, you well need to make a new Event. It should be a person, a Bank Teller of sorts.  Before you go on, you need to make a Switch. Call it, Account Made. After the switch is made make sure your looking at a Blank Page (and that the Event only has one Page). As a side note, when you see ( ) mixed in with the Commands most likely it is me talking to you! Ok your ready to tackle the Banking System. The Commands should be as such:

Spoiler for:
<>Show Message: Banker: Welcome to (Whatever you want the name of your bank to be) Bank, how may I help you?
<>Label #1
<>Show Choice: Create an account / Get info / Never mind
  : [Create an account] Case
    <>Conational Branch: Switch [####: Account made] == OFF
       <>Show Message: Banker: I am going to have to see some ID and a signature.
       <>Show Message: Banker: You are going to have to sign some forums and you will be on your way.
       <>Show Message: Sign here.
       <>Wait 4 Frames
       <>Show Message: Here.
       <>Wait 4 Frames
       <>Show Message: and here.
       <>Change Variable: Var [0001: Pin Number] = Random (1000 to 9999)
       <>Show Message: Banker: Here is your new ATM Card and your Pin Number is \v[####: Pin Number]
       <>Change Items: [Credit Card] +1
       <>Change Switch: Var [####: Pin Number] = On
       <>Go to Label #1
       <>
        : Else Hander
         <> Show Message: Banker: You already have an Account.
         <> Go to Label #1

:[Get info] Case
    <>Label #2
    <>Show Choice: I forgot my Pin Number / What are the advantages to having an account / How much do I have in the bank / Go back
       :[I forgot my Pin Number] Case
         <>Show message: Banker: I need to see your ID, ATM Card, and signature.
         <>Wait 4 Frames
         <>Show Message: Banker: this looks correct your Pin Number is v[####: Pin Number]        
         <>Go to Label #2
         <>

:[What are the advantages to having an account] Case
          <>Show Message: Banker: Well every month that you have money in our bank you will get 100 (Whatever your currency is in your game, Also you can change how much Interest they can get, its up to you.).
          <>Show Message: Banker: Plus you when you die all your money that you are carrying gets taken away but all the money that is in the bank will be safe. (Depending on how your Death Respawn works. In my game it is Default)
          <>Go to Label #2
          <>

:[How much do I have in the Bank} Case
          <>Show Message: Banker: You have \v[####: Current Bank] (Whatever your currency is in your game.) in your bank.
          <>Go to Label #2
          <>

:[Go back] Case
          <>Go to Label #1
          <>

:[Never mind] Case
     <>Show Message: Banker: Good bye!
     <>Move Event Hero: Down
     <>
<>

And that my Friend is the end of my Banking System Event. What you just did was allow the Player to make an Account. They can get information as well from this Bank teller. You can Change what Information that can be got, for this Tutorial I wanted to be as simple as Possible. Now next you want to make a new Event. This is to be your ATM. Now what you can do is actually just make it a person. This is what I did for this Tutorial, to make it easier. So here we go, time to tackle the ATM Event. The Commands are as follows:

Spoiler for:
<>Show Message: Bank Teller: Welcome to (Whatever you want the name of your bank to be) Bank, please Hand me your ATM card and if you enter your Pin Number we can get started.
<>Conditional Branch: [Credit Card] possessed
<>Input Number: (Digits=4) Var [####: Enter Code]
<>Conditional Branch if Var: (####: Enter Code) is [####: Pin Number]
    <>Change Variable: Var [####: Current Money] Set, Money
    <>Show Message: Bank Teller: Your current balance is \v[####:Current Bank].
         What would you like to do?
    <>Label #3
    <>Show Choice: Deposit / Withdraw / Nothing
        :[Deposit] Case
           <>Show Message: Bank Teller: How Much?
           <>Input Number :( Digits=6) Var[####: Deposit]
           <>Branch if Var: (####: Deposit) is <= [####: Current Money]
                 <>Show Message: Bank Teller: You've just deposited \v[####: Deposit]
                 <>Change Money: - V[####: Deposit]
                 <>[####: Current Bank] + [####: Deposit]
                 <>Go to label #3
                 <>
            : Else Case
                 <>Show Message: Bank Teller: ERROR, insufficient funds!
                 <>Go to label #3
                 <>
           : End Case

:[Withdraw] Case
            <>Show Message: Bank Teller: How much?
            <>Input Number (Digits=6) Var[####: Withdraw]
            <>Condition Branch (####: Withdraw) is <= [####: Current Bank]
                 <>Show Message: Bank Teller: You've just withdrawn \v[####: Withdraw]
                 <>Change Variable: Var[####: Current Money] - = [####: Withdraw]
                 <>Change Money: Add Var [####: Withdraw]
                 <> <>[####: Current Bank] - [####: Withdraw]
                 <>Go to label #3
                 <>
                 <>Show Message: Bank Teller: ERROR, insufficient funds!
                 <>Go to label #3
                 <>

:[Nothing] Case
      <>Show Message: Bank Teller: Good bye and come again.
      <>Move Event: Hero-Down
      <>

<>Show Message: Access Denied!
     <>

So, you have just made a Bank teller that lets you (if you have a Credit Card and if you remember your Pin Number) Deposit, Withdraw, and See how much you have in the bank. But the last part is to allow Interest to gather while the player is playing. When the Player stops playing the interest stops gathering, or should I say the timer stops…but when the Player comes back the Timer starts right where it left off, so nothing is lost. This is where, if you want, you could change how much Interest is given. Before you start you need one more Variable. Call it Timer. Now go to your Data Base and go to the Common Event Tab and make a new one called Interest. The Commands are as follows:

Spoiler for:
<>Branch if Var [####: Current Bank] > 0
    <>Change Variable: [####: Timer] + 1
    <>Wait: 4 Frames
    <>Branch if Var [####: Timer] >= 43200
        <>Change Money: + 100
        <>Change Variable: [####: Current Bank] + = 100
        <>Change Variable: [####: Timer] = 0
        <>
     : End
     <>
  : Else if
     <>Change Variable: [####: Timer] = 0
     <>
  : End
<>

THERE IT IS!!! That’s it. You have a very fast and simple Banking System! There are a lot of possibilities for this Banking System and you can change any of the Text to fix it to your game. Give it more Options and completely customize the way you want! If you have any problems ask me about it, I don’t think I made any mistakes but you never know. If you want me to explain anything ask, same goes for questions. Oh and if you use this Please give me Credit, Thanks. I hope i was helpful!

So here are some suggestions (if you have any of your own tell me. Please). Most of these I’ve done my self, but there are some Ideas I have. If there is anything you want me to explain or do a Tutorial on please tell me. I can do just about any of my suggestions.

1. A Receipt for every transaction. I haven’t done this for myself because I don’t know exactly what I want. This can be really complex, if I (or you) wanted it to be. What the Receipt would be is an Item that an ATM gives you when your done with a transaction; then the Receipt would be in your Inventory and when you select it, the Receipt would give you Info on: how much Gold you have in the bank, how much you Deposited (or Withdrew, or if you did both for some reason), and other things (this is where it could be complex. If you have a time system, as in night and day, then you could put on there the time in which the transaction took place. Also if you gave your ATM’s numbers to Identify which ATM your Player used (which could be very useful), you could have the ATM number on the Receipt. Again with the same concept as the ‘ATM Identification Number’ you could say on the Receipt what Bank you used (that really wouldn’t matter if you only have one Bank within the game).). Also something that would have to be addressed is the matter on how many Receipts should you have in your Inventory before old ones delete (which is again would be complex), three (different) Receipts, five, or would you want to just keep every Receipt you get? You could make it to where you can throw them away, either go through your Inventory and just have the option to throw it away or make the player go to a ‘Trash Bin’ and then have the option. As you can see this something that really comes down to what you want, there is a lot of options you can have. If you have any thoughts on this please tell me. Thank you!

2. Improved Credit Card. I have this in my game and its elite sauce! Your Credit Card of course allows you to use an ATM and helps you remember what your Pin Number is. But it could do more. It could tell you how much Gold you have in the bank. You could keep track of your Interest. Also it could allow you to buy things and subtract the Gold in your bank. This is much more realistic. It isn’t that complex, though there are other improvements you could do to make it more complex. Something more complex would be to make shops that have Polices such as real Store in real life. Example of this: you go to shop, use Credit Card. Realize later that you want to sell it. You go to the shop you bought it from and want to sell the Item in which you have bought earlier; you think you’re getting money that goes into your pocket. But instead it goes on your card. Now that may not seem like a big deal, but you could make it a big deal for the Player. Have some shops not take Credit Cards like in real life. I’m sure there are other things that you could do to improve the Credit Card, if you think of one tell me please. Thank you!!

3. Have Multiple Banks. Like in real life. You could customize each Bank to have different Polices, Bonuses, and different Options. I have this in my game and its nothing but fun to have Rival Banks or to watch other people play test your game and see which Bank they choose and why. If you have any thoughts, ideas? Tell me please. Thank you!!!

4. A Ranking System. I don’t have this in my game, but I think I might be working on it soon. A Ranking system would be cool. What I mean is give the person a Rank or Status when they join a Bank and when they get a certain amount of Gold they go to the next Rank/Status and so and so fourth. Each Rank/Status could give the Player something new, like an Item or something. If you have any thoughts, ideas? Tell me please. Thank you!!!!

5. Have a Bank that also stores Items and things. I don’t know how to do this (never tried), but I guess it wouldn’t be hard at all. I’ve seen Systems that you can use here on this site.

6. When you make an account, the Bank Teller asks for more information. Have that information count for something in some way or any another. A Quest? Stole Information? I don’t know just a thought or Suggestion. In my game you have to have an I.D. to get a Bank Account, but that’s because it has to do with the game it self. I took out the Conditional Branch in my Bank System that makes you have to have an I.D., for obvious reasons. If you have any thoughts, ideas? Tell me please. Thank you!!!!!!

Well I guess that’s it for my Tutorial and Suggestions. If you want me to explain anything, anything at all, please tell me. If you want me to make a Tutorial for any of the things I did in the Suggestions, again tell me! And as always, if you have any thoughts on the matter or ideas/improvements, tell me. Thank you, I hope I helped and I hope this was useful! Please give me Credit if you ever use this, thanks!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 07:04:05 PM by Kidfox70 »
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
Thanks Kipe it means alot. I'm still really new though, thats why i joined this site. i learn something new everyday...haha!
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
Um. This didn't work for me. The bank person just said "Your pin number is #v[####: *Pin Number*]."

And yes, I did everything as explained. D:
Also, the variables name is actually *Pin Number* so I know what it's for.

Help?

Rep:
Level 87
Embrace the stillness of eternity.
There should be a \backslash\ in front of the v, not a #pound sign#.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Also, you wouldn't be putting in the whole name of the variable, just the ID. So:

\v[1] would show the value in variable 1. \v[345] would show the value of variable 345. The #### was meant to be replaced by the ID of whatever variable you are using.