RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Recruiting Everyone

Rep:
Level 83
Hi Everyone

Im trying to put together a team, To develop an RPG for RPG maker VX
from the ground up.
the Idea is to, Instead of submitting a full description of the game before we even know who will work on the
project with you or even what direction your game is going to take. attempt to build a team where all creative input is shared and discussed.

there are certain things all RPG teams need like the usual

Story developers

Spoiler for:
People that are able to come up an interesting story. part of what makes this project unique is that you will not have to develop a story that already has everything layed out, you get to develop a story from the beginning, using your own ideas but also the other story developers ideas to create an original story.

Character Spriters

Spoiler for:
Once we have characters, we will need people who can bring them from concept to sprites.
being able to sprite other objects would also be an asset.

mappers

Spoiler for:
Individuals who can create maps that are original and fun to explore. since, at this point there are no limits, you are free to let imagination run free.
also attention to detail and or problem solving...you never know what you might be asked for, its best to expect everything...this actually applys for every position

Artists

Spoiler for:
General game art, concept designers, maybe a bit of spriting involved with the face portraits.
Obviously Art skills are required! spriting skill optional

Coders and Event Makers

Spoiler for:
People who can do basic coding for events, handle a couple of variables you know. quest and event making would also be a plus.
Being confidant in your ability is EXTREME. at this point it's impossible to know what to expect. being able to work with confidence and also others is a must

What I can offer and About Me
Anyways my names Ash.
As for my personal skills well I can actually do a bit of everything. "Jack of all trades, master of none" as they say. But the areas I am Least capable are coding and art.

Finally Id like to note that Im not trying to discourage anyone, in fact I encourage EVERYONE to be involved no matter what your specialty or skill level is.
If you Need To contact me, send me A PM

We have begun to assemble a team already [albeit small], and will provide a link to the forums if and when you join the team :D

pokeball NPCOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
Asking you to rescue princesses since '05
Okay, so let me get this strait:

-You don't really have an idea of for your project.

-You haven't done any of the work yet.

-You don't even know what program will be used in this project.

-And your skills consist of being okay at EVERYTHING... well, except for the 2 things that actually require skill

Try not to be offended if I don't join your team.
Why do 1 lined nameless NPCs never get taken seriously?

Rep:
Level 83
Okay, so let me get this strait:

-You don't really have an idea of for your project.

-You haven't done any of the work yet.

-You don't even know what program will be used in this project.

-And your skills consist of being okay at EVERYTHING... well, except for the 2 things that actually require skill

Try not to be offended if I don't join your team.

I see what your saying, But:

-We already have multiple directions that we may decide to take the project in.

-You assume that we have been sitting on our asses without getting any work done.

-I clearly stated RPG maker VX above.

-And yeah my skills arent that great but I know what Im doing and at least I was honest enough to admit that.

Try not to be offended if I think your an Idiot.

pokeball NPCOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
Okay, the way I replied was not exactly "nice" and I apologize for that, but the point still stands. This is your first post  and you come showing us nothing (okay, next to nothing, I forgot about the fact it's for VX when posting) and asking us to help you out.

Just give us something to go on, motivation for helping you.

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
Well, Ash_f2d if you really want someone to help you, you should describe what is going to be done, and in what you need help and what would people get if they help you.

For the start, you should send and show a previous work that you've made (if you made one...).
And about the project, you should say the ideas, and all you already worked in.
That would make people more interested, or they will just ignore this, and think that you are just another one who has an idea and want the others to make it for you.

You should edit your post, and you'll see that people will give you a PM.

Good Luck
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Oh shit, is it August already? I was wondering when the "RM Team Recruiting" threads would start.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
@Ash_f2d, its been done too often, not to mention the prominent RM users are already tied into multiple projects including large scale community projects.

Try joining into a project yourself, or releasing a game yourself to showcase work.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I think "from the ground up" was a poor choice of words considering you're going to use a program designed to make games in a friendly interactive manner with the user.

Despite that, good luck with that. People won't have much motivation helping out with a random person who has no credentials. Therefore, doing as others say and joining a project or showcasing work would be the best option.

(we should really have a rule for recruiting that they must have been active on RMRK for a while and they've contributed >_> )

Rep:
Level 84
I think "from the ground up" was a poor choice of words considering you're going to use a program designed to make games in a friendly interactive manner with the user.

Despite that, good luck with that. People won't have much motivation helping out with a random person who has no credentials. Therefore, doing as others say and joining a project or showcasing work would be the best option.

(we should really have a rule for recruiting that they must have been active on RMRK for a while and they've contributed >_> )

Also, before making a recruitment post, they should present a completed project. So people could see that they aren't just the kind of person that wants the others to do all the job for them.

Rep:
Level 83
@ DarkGamer: Im fairly confident that I described with accurate detail what the project was all about. I agree with you that It would be beneficial for recruiting purposes If the topic was edited with our current progress, but I was waiting until we had a reached a point where we  were comfortable releasing our ideas.
I dont mind If people read this and dismiss it as another one of those "I have an awesome Idea but I want everyone to do it for me" threads, what I do Mind is when people come along and troll because they can, instead of asking legitimate questions.

@ Nouman: Ok np, personally I just thought others who were not involved in other projects might want to give this a try, In respect to my first post, all I was really trying to do was promote interest and perhaps provoke a response. Im also glad that this wasnt the first place I posted this [seeing the amount of negativity would have likely discouraged me lol] In reality the post I placed here was a copy of the OP I had placed in another fourm, and so the impression that It was still just an Idea in my head Is well, inaccurate.
Also part of the idea of this project was to collect others who might have had good game ideas but lacked the experience or team to create their own original tittle, I wasnt just trying to recruit "the best" cause I was pretty sure they wouldnt want anything to do with this little "indie-project" thought up by someone who apparently has no credentials

@ mastermoo420: IMO I think ground up was maybe not the MOST accurate, but it was more accurate than say...from scratch.
also I agree with your rule on recruiting

OH and Id just like to say Thanks To the People Who Have Responded From this forum, atleast I know not everyone on this forum is trollin

pokeball NPCOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
First off, I know to you it comes off as "trollin" but to us we are seeing another person asking for help on a project that they don't have much stake in. Hell just last week a guy asked us for a "unique story" for his game and he got it a lot worse then you did.

How about after they have at least contributed to one game that ended up in "completed projects"

p.s. the reason I "assume" that you have been sitting on your asses without getting any work done is because you don't have anything to show for it... period. You haven't even said how many people who agreed to join your team.

Rep:
Level 83
@ NPC: I know what your saying, Initially the plan was to update it, when our group was comfortable and confident, But I dont think That'll be happening here.
anyways currently we have 9 members [including me]

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
How about after they have at least contributed to one game that ended up in "completed projects"
That's too much to ask. >_> Good completed projects (which are the ones you're going to want to showcase) take years to make.

pokeball NPCOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
That's too much to ask. >_> Good completed projects (which are the ones you're going to want to showcase) take years to make.
(but 3 of the EOTT were on there... hmm)
How about as long if a game of yours is out of "new projects" and in to just regular projects. (that way you could even ask for help on said game to get it to the point of "completed projects")

...There should really be a separate thread of a mod-only talk about this

Rep:
Level 84

A good game doesn't need so many time, if you work hard on it...

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
That's true, but in any case I do not believe it to be a useful requirement. In the end, having a completed project will be beneficial to recruiting efforts as it is demonstrative of the requestor's skills, but if somebody wants to join the team of someone who hasn't had that particular experience, then it is no use to deny even that possibility.

Besides, not having completed a game doesn't mean you are unskilled. There are other ways to demonstrate skill.

And if someone wants to post a recruitment topic without any demonstrations of their own skill, then the worst that can happen is that they do not receive any responses. And if somebody does join a project like that and it turns out that skill is absent, it is not as if they have been tricked - they knew that there was no evidence of skill.

The fact is, having people without demonstrated skills post recruitment topics does not negatively affect the forum, and so I believe that requirements for recruitment topics would be unfairly restrictive.

That being said, informing Ash of the unlikelihood of receiving response without demonstrated skill was a considerate thing to do and I do not mean to discourage people from doing so, though perhaps there are kinder (albeit less humourous) ways to do so :)

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Either way . . . It doesn't help not knowing what is there of exchange and most of us have our own projects to worry about.

Also:
Oh shit, is it August already? I was wondering when the "RM Team Recruiting" threads would start.
I just love your responses as always Holk ~

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel