RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Hmmm...

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
*Kitkat is in some study, with one of those really comfy-looking-but-it's-actually-real-stiff-because-it's-old chairs, one she just happens to be sitting in whilst sipping at kool-aid in a wine glass*

Oh, why hello. I'm glad to see that you could make it. Sit down, get comfy in one of these not-so-comfy chairs.

Now, here's why I asked you over: I wanted to talk about something. I don't EXPECT you to be excited over this, but I would love some feedback:

Okay, well, so. I already have a project that needs doing, with 1-2 more installments upon the way, even though I have not finished the first. Actually, by now, it's looking like it's just the one I'm making now and a short story in the same spirit. I'm kind of in despair over the other one at the moment.

I ALSO have a VX thingy I have to make for Maia, because I promised. Or at least, it's kind of assumed that I should absolutely do this. Yeah.

So right now taking on something else is outta the question, especially since I REALLY REALLY SUCK at keeping up to par with everything else.

Because, you see, I have an idea for a game. And I want a little response to this, because you guys are you, and I'd like some opinontasticness.

Okay, so my plan for this game - The one thing you're gonna notice is that this is going to be BLEEDING Japanese. Not the language itself, or even really many of it's traditional customs, because I am not japanese, I do not know all of their customs, and I do not know their language. But there's gonna be lots and lots of manga/anime trends in there, because, you know, I can't go on for long without barfing up what I read on a regular basis, and wanting to show it to you guys.

Hey, wait, I kind of remember a list....

*Kitkat goes looking around for Joy's game topic*

Ah, here we are. Let's take a look.

What it's Not:

This game does not include any of the following:
  • Teenager heros
  • Magic (aside from the fringe superstition of witches and cultists)
  • Asia-free, the farthest east I go is the ottoman empire
  • No saving the whole world
  • No gods, demons, fairies, elementals or santa claus

Hmm, okay, let's see.... Yup, this game does have teenager heroes....Woop, no magic. Or witches or cultists for that matter. Well, not many anyways...Oh, this game isn't set in Japan. *cough*...Saving the world? maybe?....Oh hey, I want to make a game with no gods, too.

So okay, that's a solid 2.5 I guess. I score a 2.5 when it comes to themes you're all tired of. You're going to hate this game...by half.

Alright, so. It's going to be a game with around 5 short installments. You know telltale games and their episodic games? Think of that. Basically it's going to be two best friends and their anticking. And robots. There's going to be robots.

Oh, and, uh, don't worry. No teenage soap opera going on here, at least between the people you're going to be playing with. Er, no romantic ones anyways.

Okay, maybe this is a soap opera by half? There's some messed up family problems and some matchmaking, but that will be the extent of it.

ANYWAYS, TO THE POINT: Would any of you folks be interested, or could you be bothered with a game that's mostly comedic, episodic, and ridiculously inspired by manga/anime?

Would your opinon change if I say there's robots? Because there is, really.

Spoiler for:
One more thing: As I said, this isn't going to happen ANY TIME SOON, if at all. Besides the fact that I really suck at updating what I have already (As I said before), The story isn't quite-fleshed-out. It's only a concept with some partially-completed barebones for a story. Yes, that's right, I don't even have bare bones yet.